Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:16 PM   #1  

Default Second Fall

It's my second time falling off the wagon since I've started losing weight, and I'm feeling really discouraged. It started the day before thanksgiving (we made too much pie) and I know it hasn't been that long of a fall but the MAGNITUDE has been awful. Candy, tortilla chips and queso, curry and rice, walnuts galore, pastries, bread, and so much pie and ice cream you wouldn't believe it.

Now I feel really crap about my body image. I mean, duh, I kind of deserve it, but gee. I really want to climb back on this wagon. Sorry to be a downer, I kind of needed to rant : )
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Please keep reading your tag line over and over again. When you fall you just need to get back up. If you fall again...get back up! Believe me, I have fallen off the wagon MANY times since I started. It didn't matter that I knew better and that I knew what it would feel like when I went overboard on the eating. But what does matter is putting a halt to the behavior and move forward again. Once you have a few days of eating on plan you will feel better and back in control again.

And you are in onederland!!! That is awesome! DO NOT ever get back into the 200's again. THAT IS MY GOAL FOR YOU!
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

The holidays are hard! My problem is that my family is far enough away that anytime I visit, it's at least a few days. I actually spent almost a week there for Thanksgiving and the first two days I was okay, but then I just went hog wild. The good news is that the weight is going back down instead of up. I just told myself that when I get off the plane again it's go time (and I didn't quite do that, but close enough!) It's only been a few days but getting back into exercise, drinking tons of water, and eating well has helped combat the 'holiday gain' already. And you can do that too!

You can do it. We all struggle with this time of year, but the key is to keep going! You didn't work hard to get to onederland for nothing, and you're doing great!

Last edited by djs06; 11-29-2011 at 02:39 PM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #4  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

The holidays are hard for staying on track, you are human you will screw up. I have gone overboard on eating several times through my journey, like way over. It's all about picking yourself back up and getting on track! Believe it or not but a couple days doesn't usually ruin a whole months progress.

You will feel way better after a couple days of eating back on plan, and you will be proud that you picked yourself back up You can do this.
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:53 PM   #5  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

yeah, I wouldn't feel too awful about going overboard during a major eating and cooking holiday. changing habits is a process. I agree with the idea of combating the holiday gain. any good habits and exercise you (I!) can keep going during this season is a very good thing. think about how much you really want an indulgence, and skip the ones that don't mean that much to you.
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Please don't feel bad. The holidays are tough for anyone. I have a few "go crazy" days a year. One of them is Thanksgiving. I had second servings of everything plus two deserts. I don't feel guilty because I've been very good the rest of the time. Be nice to yourself. Everyone falls off several times, the key is starting up again. And being okay with that.
racrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:44 PM   #7  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

I just loved your post. It really sums up what happens to me when I fall. Just get back up and try again. You'll get where you need to be eventually.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #8  

I agree with all the posts, but this one stood out to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonwoman64 View Post
. . . changing habits is a process
It's so true. Just accepting that one truth will make a world of difference in terms of getting and staying healthy. Many of us have an "all-or-nothing" mentality, and it encourages us to give up when we're not perfect (and none of us can be). You do not have to be perfect, just consistent.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:42 PM   #9  
Optimistic cynic

S/C/G: 220/209/180

Height: 5'3"

I think most people who are successful (at anything) will tell you that dealing with setbacks is a big part of their success. It's important to move forward and not dwell on your mistakes. Like Isis21 said, a few days off plan won't negate all your progress. And a few days back on plan will make you feel a lot better. Good luck!
Steph7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:54 PM   #10  
STREET DOG

S/C/G: 231/230/145

Height: 5'8"

There's a phrase in Japanese, ”七転八起,” that basically means "If you fall seven times, get up eight times". Or in the words of Chumbawamba, "I get knocked down but I get up again."

Basically, whatever struggles you're facing, the most important thing is to get back up again. It's natural to feel discouraged, guilty or ashamed, but you can't let the negative emotions get in the way of picking back up and moving ahead.

Best of luck! 3FC is always here to support you.
Kahokkuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:43 PM   #11  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

If you look around the boards, you'll see a lot of folks struggled with the holidays. I know I did. I ate too much, I ate pie, and my sisters and I drank beer.

And I enjoyed it. Now I'm right back on the wagon. NO guilt, NO shame. It was what it was.

The only way you fail is if you quit.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #12  

Thank you so much for your responses : ) I do feel much better now...
Bethedee is offline   Reply With Quote