Everlasting
chloekinsicle
aangel22
nicole8705
sacal96
LovelyLeah - Unable to PM, I hope she finds us again
Fluffy No More - Unable to PM, I hope they finds us again
HeathBar - Unable to PM, I hope she finds us again

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-12-2011 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Posting Team Members
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #2  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

I found ya! I think it might be a newbie thing with PMs because there are a lot of other restrictions until my 20 days are up (I think my newbie status ends next week). But I'll go double check my settings and see if maybe I have something check or not checked that is preventing PMs.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:39 PM   #3  
Warning 3FC Addict

S/C/G: 256.6/225.2/155-ish

Height: 5'11"

Yeah, Love, usually there is a minimum time frame and a number of posts in order to get PMS. Glad you found the threads though!

Also, I made a banner if anyone is interested:

A bit big though, but I'm always interested in seeing what others make - so don't be shy and post one if you like!

So, I would like to take this chance and introduce myself. And hopefully if everyone can post a little about themselves, maybe we'll get a nice chat going

My name is Bridget, I am 26 and going to college, I usually go by Zan here on 3FC.
I started this Weight-loss journey nearly two years ago by doing Weight Watchers and lost nearly 60 pounds.
I used to frequent the 20-somethings WW threads frequently, same with the Threadkiller game post, before I dropped off about a year back in October.
Since then I've regained half of what I had lost, so I am back to work my way back down!
I'm basically behind a desk all day at work, and I'm currently counting down until my time at work expires in a few months (I'm in a temporary position).
So working on my resume and applying for new positions are my new hobbies! Haha! But with how everything is lately, I bet that isn't very unusual!

I've done the Warrior Dash here in Florida last year, and I plan on going again this year!
Other than that, and my puppy, I can't think of anything else to add:

Last edited by zanheltangia; 11-12-2011 at 04:07 PM.
zanheltangia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #4  
From Lazy to Light!

S/C/G: 215/Ticker/170

My name is Leah. I'm 22 and in college studying fine arts and addiction counseling.

In the past I was a chronic crash dieter and obsessive restricter. I would lose a whole bunch of weight in a short period of time then burnout and gain it all back. This time I'm determined to go slow and steady. My focus is life style change, not dieting. However, I've been joining challenges because I know that it'll be easy for me to lose motivation when I'm not focused on something.
LovelyLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206.8/ticker/160

Height: 5'10"

Hey all,
I'm Gretchen, I guess I usually go by Raven on here.
I'm 25 and a grad student in neuroscience. I'm 4 years into my program, and I hope to be done in another year or two. I feel like I've been on a diet of some sort for my entire life. I've definitely made good progress the past year (I was around 230 in July 2010) - now that I look at this as more of a lifestyle change and not a 'diet' - but I seem to have gotten stuck in the 180s. My goal was initially to be in the 160s by January 1st, but now I just want to get as low as I can (and stay there!).

Between class, teaching, and laboratory duties, I'm pretty constantly busy. Unfortunately, especially this term, this means putting eating right and getting enough exercise on the back burner. It's so easy to run don to the main street on campus and grab lunch, rather than have the foresight to pack something healthy before I leave at 6:30 in the morning. I hate it though - I've become addicted to spinning, and I love going to the gym - but like most grad students, I just need more hours in the day!

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you guys - and I hope this challenge is really the kick in the butt that I need! I did really well when I first joined 3FC, but as I got busier and stopped being as active on the forums I stopped losing as much...
MidnightRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #6  

Anyone else on Fitocracy? I just joined a few minutes ago, so I'm still finding my way around. Not sure if I'll keep it up or not, but I'm going to give it a shot. My username on there is the same as here!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:45 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217/217/130

Height: 5'3"

Love the banner Zan!

My name is Sarah! I'm 20 and a junior in my college's Criminal Justice B.S. degree program. I plan on going on to law school and becoming a criminal prosecutor. I'm a full time student and I work 6 days a week. I'm engaged and plan on getting married next October! We have been living together since this last January and we have a puppy, cat, and 2 parakeets. My fiance is also working on his criminal justice degree and working full time. We were both overweight when we first got together 2 years ago but I think a combination of moving out, no free time, and eating whatever is convenient(horrible, pretty much all fast food diet) has caused us to gain a lot more weight over the past year.

I have been dieting for about 2 weeks, but today we have both started a new diet and exercise program. We are following Drew Manning, the trainer behind fit2fat2fit. If you haven't heard of it you need to check it out! He has a really great idea and gives you your entire grocery list, meal plan, and exercise routine for every week. We're hoping to get some great results!

Here's to our team having some great success! Looking forward to meeting everyone else! :]
sacal96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:03 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211.4/207.6/150

Height: 5'7.5''

Hey Guys!

My name is Kristi. I'm 23 and work full-time as a dog groomer.

Like Leah, I would diet in the past, lose some, then give up and gain it all back. I found some new motivation in August and I am determined to go slow but steady to get this weight off! I am an almost obsessive daily weigher, but I have decided to try to limit that to once a week: every saturday for our weigh ins. Its nice to be part of a team, and I'm hoping to give and get motivation and support here!

GO TEAM SNOW LEOPARD!

Heres a banner I made. Its a bit smaller than the other..
Mommywannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #9  
Social Butterfly

S/C/G: 250/246/115

Height: 5'1"

Hello! I found the thread!

My name is Heather, I'm 25 and I go to school currently for business and soon will be going for film production.

I started this current journey last week, but I feel like I've been dieting since I was nine years old. That's when the weight started to pile on.

A few years ago I lost fifty pounds, but sadly I gained it all back. Currently with this weight loss I've lost 7 pounds, depending on the day.
HeathBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 278.8/ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi! I'm Meg and I'm 27 years old. I started my weight loss journey in earnest in July, a week before my birthday. I was freaking out about being oh so close to 30 and still being fat. I had originally given myself a stupid deadline of losing the weight by the time I was 25, but that didn't happen. So, I changed it to 30. A mixture of different anxieties were at work at the time I decided to lose weight, so I can't really give any of them credit for motivating me to start. I've since learned not to give myself age based deadlines. The anxiety they cause is not worth it. I'll start things when I'm good and ready.

I've lost 31 pounds since I started. This is the first time I've tried losing weight. Before I would be instantly demotivated by the amount of weight I had to lose and be immediately turned off by the thought of depriving myself of food. It has helped a lot to focus on mini-goals. I have many. It makes it easier and there's a sense of accomplishment at having met them. Also, I count calories and don't deprive myself of food. I'm just more enlightened about what I eat.

Right now, my biggest obstacle is Fall/Winter. I'm craving comfort foods and just want to hibernate. I'm going to start taking vitamin D, hopefully it'll help with the seasonal depression. I've also been bitten by the knitting/crochet bug, and I'd rather do that than exercise. So there's that.

Go Team! We can do it!
megmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #11  
Future Fitness Model

S/C/G: 196.5/184.4/140

Height: 5'3

Hi! I'm Tavia and I'm 29 years old. I'm a full-time mom of two (Kameron[6] & Aniya[1]). I've been happily married for 16 months. I've never been overweight and I've always been active. Since having two kids, my activity level decreased, especially with me being a SAHM. My eating habits changed a lot! I started eating more than I usually eat. Around March of this year I was weighing 210-215lbs. I dropped all the way down to 173 then gained all back to 197. Now I'm weighing in at 188.8.. I'm trying to loose 45lbs. I look forward to becoming more acquainted with you'll. I can't wait to start this journey .
KamsMoMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Hello everyone, I've been on this site a few years but took a year off and just returned after an exciting bout of finishing college, getting married in January, and having a baby last month! Big life changes! And also a bit of setback on the weight loss goals. I keep telling myself at least I didn't regain it ALL, and I did acquire a beautiful baby in the process, and I know how to lose the weight again... just need the motivation.

So now I'm a stay at home mom to Felicity (3.5 weeks), and step mom to Jeremiah (3 1/2) and Talitha (2). The days that I have all 3 little ones are incredibly busy and despite not having time to 'exercise', I'm very tired and sore by the end of the day. My newborn is also a colic baby and the only thing that will calm her down is putting her on my chest in the baby carrier and walking, so she is a little calorie burner too!

My downfall this time is the fact that breastfeeding is making me unbearably hungry! I still haven't figured out how many calories I need a day... supposedly 500 extra for breastfeeding. Hopefully during this challenge I'll get some kind of routine and figure that out. Right now I'm just walking mostly and chasing kids for exercise, but once I hit 6 weeks postpartum I'm going to hopefully have acquired a jogging stroller and be attempting to start running again. I did a half-marathon last year and I hope to do another one this upcoming summer or fall. I also can't wait to get out my new set of Zumba DVDS. I live in the boondocks so it's not reasonable to get a gym pass as we are too far out of town, and I miss my Zumba!
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:35 PM   #13  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

Hello team. I'm really enjoying getting to learn about everyone so far.

I'm 25 years old, I work in International Development/Public Health (specifically reproductive health in sub-Saharan Africa right now) but have dreams of more grad school and/or finally figuring out what I should be doing with my life.

Like megmix, this is my first real attempt at weightloss, and like zan, I've kind of been at it a while. It will be 3 years in January. In fairness, although I've had no regains, I've had long periods where I've kind of just gotten diet fatigue and tried to live maintenance for a while, still counting calories, but not necessarily eating under it. The longest period was between Fall 2009 and Fall 2010 where I maintained around 235 lbs. Late last year, I started working out again, got my diet back in gear and have been at it ever since.

Ideally, I would love to reach goal during this challenge, but I know that's almost laughably unlikely given my current rate of loss which has been quite slow recently. Yeah so probably not the best time to be on a team like this. But I promise, I'm going to give 100% towards this challenge and try to do my part to ensure that Team Snow Leopard rocks this challenge. My weight loss goal by Christmas is to see 160something, I'll even take 169.9999, honestly. I have a really awesome travel and shopping reward planned already for meeting that goal so it would be great if I could get there.

My biggest challenge is avoiding slipping up and getting cocky during the week especially after a good weigh in (ironically) and also the fact that have a trip coming up in a couple of days to India for work for a week. I've never been before but I love Indian food and this is like a perfect opportunity to sample the real deal, so it's going to be a little tough to stay on track. Also I don't think I'll be able to do the first weigh in update unless I do it super early on Tuesday before I leave.

I'm really excited to be in the challenge with you all and can't wait to get to know everyone better. Go Go Team Snow Leopards!
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 290/280/140

Height: 5'3"

I found y'all!
My name is Jessica I'm 27 years young and I'm determined to no longer be "fluffy"!!! My weight loss journey started sometime in middle school when I stopped dancing competitively. With the decrease in activity I slowly started packing on the weight. That was about 15 years ago (dang! where did the time go). This current attempt has been going on for a week and I have manage to lose 4lbs! yay
I am an Assistant Customer Service Manager at Publix (a grocery store for those of you not in the south). Working around so much food is difficult, and it is just so easy to grab something from the Deli or Bakery for lunch instead of something from the Produce department.
My goal for this challenge is to lose some weight, but more importantly I want to get into the habit of going to the gym more frequently (or at all ) ) and learning to make better food choices. I have started tracking my calories using myfitnesspal, so hopefully that helps!
Could someone please let me know where we are supposed to enter our weights! I can't wait to get to know all of you and share our successes!
Fluffy No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:32 AM   #15  

Happy Monday!

No, really. I woke up in a surprisingly great mood this morning. I decided to work from home today - I have a brief lull in experiments this week so I don't need to be in lab until Wednesday, so I'm going to use the day to hopefully finish grading 45 exams (and start grading 45 papers essays...). I do need to be in tomorrow to teach and meet with students, though. But now I can my grading with two fluffballs purring at my feet, my music cranked up, the windows open, and all the delicious tea I can make. I went and splurged at Teavana over the weekend ($$$ I don't have to waste, but sometimes you just need to!) and am trying a yummy ginger coconut herbal tea.

I'm actually trying to decide when I want to hit the gym today. I think if I can get this first round of exams done by 11 (.... not sure how likely that is...) I'll treat myself and go to a spin class at 12.

I hope everyone's week starts off great!