Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #1  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

Default Off-Plan Help!

I need help to get back on track. I was doing so well from August to the middle of October, but the last month I've completely fallen off-plan. Recently, in a six week period (Sept-middle October) I lost 20lbs. Prior to that I'd been on a plateau for months and months after losing my first 40lbs. I still want to lose another 25-40 more lbs, but I'm sabotaging myself. I haven't gained any weight back yet, but I've spent the last month binging and not exercising. I'm guessing that I've lost some muscle mass and gained some fat this month, but that the numbers are in balance so it's not showing on the scale yet because I should have gained.

I'm a recovering compulsive overeater, emotional eater, and I've been in binge-purge cycles in the past. I even had a binge-purge recently and I haven't had a problem with that in a long time. I know there is support for this in another area of the forums. I may seek that out as well.

I'm looking for general advice from anyone for keeping your motivation going after a big loss? I feel really good about getting off that plateau I struggled with for so long and I'm 5lbs away from a 'normal' BMI. I want this, why do I keep doing this?

Please help. I feel hopeless right now.
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:43 PM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TO YOU TOO ... I just answered another person in this forum with the same issues ... so many of us go through this, so you are not alone. Why you do this ... take a good look at your daily life right now -- have you had any sudden emotional upsets lately? Have you been feeling down or disappointed? Frustrated, angry, sad, worried, or anxious?

What kinds of foods are you binging on? Do you take a daily vitamin? Are you eating enough? ARe you eating nutrient rich foods?

It is possible your body wants a rest for awhile; try to maintain at least for now (a doctor suggested that). YOu haven't gained anything; so don't panic yet ... ah, that's anxiety & fear & worry of the unknown; of things that have not happened yet ...

You know how to eat healthy; just get back to it. As I said to the other poster ...

You have done very well up until now; so you know how to eat healthy. Getting back on track is a process of steps; one-at-a-time. Take the first one NOW: which is decision; then committment; then action ... plus keep coming back here for support ...

BTW ... the best motivation of all is ... prolonged good health!

EDIT TO ADD: yes, CHLOE ... one snack, one meal, one day at-a-time; even if you make a mistake, keep going ... and get that junk out of your house ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-25-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #3  

I like the suggestion to at a minimum get back to eating healthy. It is controllable and will put your mind on task.

I was going to ask is there one "mini-goal" you could give yourself? Perhaps meal by meal tomorrow? So that each one the goal is healthy food in healthy quantities?
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #4  
Run, run, run!

S/C/G: 204/160/???

Height: 5'4"

I've been extremely stressed and had to exchange time spent with friends and family for time spent doing homework as this semester is drawing closer to an end. So I justify eating crap (high sugar, take-out, convenience foods) because I tell myself I don't have time to eat well or exercise and I deserve a treat because I don't get to have a social life for the next month. But I can't go this way for the next month!

So, I'm going to do my best to get back on track starting now!

Thanks guys!
PrairieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote