Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #1  

Default Quick lose?

Hi.

I need to lose weight fast.

Now, I know fast is never good. But there is a reason why I need to.
I dont want to lose a huge amount, just a little.

My diet is also out of whack, that does not help but given the nature of my work etc... i literally get little time to eat breakfast or good food.

I dont eat sweets anymore (I used to) but do get the odd craving (due to depression/pressure/stress) but I do resist the temptation.

so what am I asking?

1) What should I eat? (I am a vegetarian)
2) what should I do to HELP reduce that weight quick?

I DO eat, at weekends - breakfast which is generally a biopot yoghurt (contains wholegrain seeds I think).

But at times, its difficult to know what to eat/make.

I am a mess, and trying to sort that out and this is the first step for me. So please, any advice - is much appreciated.

I dont know what food contains the "right" things to eat, to become healthier but also to reduce weight.

Lunch, its always been a sandwich/wrapped sandwhiches. not good enough.

Thanks
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 01:59 AM   #2  

See if you really want to lose weight fast you should go for balanced diet with exercise as only diet can not works in your case. Try to include loads of fibrous food items, whole-grains, fruits n veggies in your diet.
Kimberly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 03:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 170/153/??

Height: 5'9"

I don't know how to respond to this. Whatever you do, don't crash diet. It sounds like you are interested in staying healthy.

I can only tell you how I would go about losing at a faster pace, if I felt I had to for some event or such (which I don't).

I'd up the exercise, substantially. I'd focus on 1 hour of cardio and 1 hour of weight training. I would eat 1500 calories of clean food a day, moderate carb amount.

Problem is, this would work for me, but everyone is different. There is no clear formula. Losing weight is a longer process because we have to find what works for us, as unique individuals.

Could you post what your normal day of food looks like? We could then comment on how we would change things up to lose faster.
Unna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:22 AM   #4  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

My question is, how fast? You can lose 2 pounds a week with a 1000 calorie deficit. Is this fast enough, or do you have something coming up right around the corner?

Have you looked in to something like Medifast? It sounds like their program can help get some pounds off quickly. I was thinking about looking in to it earlier this year.

Or, since it sounds like you have a crazy schedule, maybe you could find a healthy meal replacement type of diet to use on a short term basis. I drink **********, and my friend tells me this Isogenics is good and not as expensive. Maybe that's a direction you could go in to kick start your loss.

I lost a lot of weight using the hCG diet. This one isn't easy, but I lost 15 pounds a month, roughly, and a total of 50 pounds last year before I started my current plan (after gaining some back) . You said you want to lose weight fast, for a reason. If you have 21 days, then maybe you could do that one. If you were interested, there are physician based clinics all over the place now, so you could do it under the care of an MD.

I don't know if any good diets. Of course the healthiest way is the slow and go with diet and exercise, but those aren't fast. I've heard of the cabbage soup diet, the banana rice diet, and many crash diets that will take weight off fast, but these aren't permanent solutions..... fast solutions however. I haven't tried any of them, so I can't really suggest anything.

Last edited by twinieten; 11-25-2011 at 07:26 AM.
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote