Featherweights For those with just a few pounds, or trying to lose those last few pounds.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

Smile November Feathers Chat!

Well, I have been MIA for a few weeks now. Decided to finally get back on here since I needed a little support -- but there was no November thread! So I'm making one.

I am kind of in maintenance. I am not 100% happy with my body, even when I'm at the low end of my 5 pound maintenance range, so I may decide to lose a little more. But it's dawning on me that I am probably NEVER going to be 100% happy!

At any rate, I had a bad weekend and I'm up to 124, whereas I'm trying to maintain 118-122. So I'm being careful this week!

How are all of the other feathers doing? What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Is it a cheat day, everything in moderation, or will you be having salad? (I, personally, am going to eat too much of everything and then lament for the next week! )
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Thansgiving , everything in moderation and yes I do plan on pumpkin pie.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:43 AM   #3  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

I am not a feather, but I wanted to chat!

Thanksgiving will be a planned cheat day. I'm just not stressing over one day. Then right back on plan the next day.
rachaelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #4  
learning maintenance

S/C/G: 159/120/118

Height: 5' 3.5"

hi dorian your target weight is the same as mine really, and we're both the same height. Understand where you're coming from.
I'm feeling good at 123lb for my latest weigh-in but that's because it's been a year or two since i've been this low.
Historically i've tried to stay at around 119 (although to be honest, we're going back a few years here!!!) and 119 to 125 range is my target for all next year - hopefully starting off at the lower end of that range after current efforts.
There is a fair bit of difference between 124 and 118 at our heights though, so good luck with getting back to mid-range as you'll feel much more pleased with yourself!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #5  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Dorian, congrats on reaching maintenance! I saw your goal post, you look amazing!

I've already planned for Thanksgiving, is that sad?

My family always eats pretty early, around 2 or 3. I can probably get away with a 100 calorie breakfast to tide me over and down water until the big meal. Knowing me I'll get full pretty early on in the meal anyway...

Which saves room for the PUMPKIN PIE. There is NO WAY I'm missing that! Especially since my mother and I are making it and I love the way it comes out
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hey all!
Congrats on maintenance Dorian and thanks for starting the November chat.

I'm in Canada..so thanksgiving already passed, but good luck to you all!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

I've been feeling great until I stepped on the scale.. it said I gained 5 pounds in one week. I think it might be water from salty food because I exercised and tried to go as hard as possible each day (my birthday just past so maybe it was the birthday food).. I'm hoping I can drop the weight soon. If I weigh in on Monday at the same weight I'm going to be really upset. I am now working out even harder than I did last week and I brought dumbells to work with me today. I really want to feel the burn! Thanksgiving is not on my priorities right now.. if I really eat with family I'm packing some ground flaxseeds to sprinkle into all of my food, and bringing some steamed vegetables to put on the side of my plate. I'm now thinking about bringing some healthy desserts along too.... hmmm.

Dorian i need to look at your goal post!
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

liliesinmycereal - I bet it's water weight and if you eat well this weekend you'll be back down my monday
ps - your picture is hot!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:37 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/138.0/130

Hi everyone,
I've been in maintenance 6 months as of Saturday, with a goal of 135. I am not 100% happy with my range of around 134-136, and would really like to be 130-133, but with all the stress the last couple of months (I applied to veterinary school), it just wasn't happening. Hopefully a bit of company will do me good.
fromthebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Hi feathers. Thanks for starting a thread, dorian!
Not much to report for me. I think I'm a little in "hibernation eating mode" which is never good.

I'm on a 5 day vacation, so I should be able to get some good exercise in, but eating may not be great. I also just had a birthday, and ended up with three different birthday meals. Hmmm.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #11  
learning maintenance

fromthebox - how exciting that you're trying for veterinary school!! Good luck!! I reckon that would be really tough - both to learn everything and also to treat sick animals, i reckon i'd be in floods of tears every day (i'm not so sympathetic with humans but i have a much softer spot for animal suffering!!)
I've also now only got 3-4lb to lose, but of course those are the most difficult ones and certainly don't disappear by accident (for me anyway). So good luck with that too!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 162/154.0/115

Height: 5'4"

After a week of good eating, I am sitting back at 120.2lbs. Hopefully I dont eat so much again this weekend! I have a my niece's birthday party to go to, but I will be face painting, so maybe that will keep me away from the food!

rachaelm - I completely agree, I'm on plan up until then, then going to enjoy my family's food and company, and get right back on plan (while avoiding the scale from water bloat! )

ange82much - exactly, while 124 feels a little squishy but "acceptable", 119 feels hot! Hopefully I can stay more towards the latter. The best thing I ever did for myself was pick a RANGE though, aiming to stay within 1 pound was stressing me out! Glad to see you have a good range too!

sontaikle - Thank you! That's GREAT that you already have Thanksgiving planned! We also do a lunch-ish Thanksgiving around 2 or 3, so I will have to do a light breakfast too! By the way, I always like your avatars, I'm a bit of a video game/anime nerd.

LisaTcan - Thanks! What did you end up doing for Thanksgiving? I actually didn't know that you had it at a different time up there! I learned something.

liliesinmycereal - I'm sure it's water, I just managed to work off 4 pounds of water this week. I HATE that salty food does that! Healthy desserts would be a GREAT idea, there are tons of recipes online for stuff that seems decadent without packing in fat and calories!

fromthebox - how cool you're applying for veterinary school! I am an animal lover myself, but I don't think I have the stomach to be a vet. It's funny how a few pounds make such a difference, isn't it? I hope the next few months aren't too stressful and you can focus on finding a weight you're really happy with!

ann71 - What is it about birthdays? They drag on and on... I understand about hibernation mode, as soon as the temperature drops I want hot soup and warm bread and heavy pasta.

KEEP IT UP, EVERYONE!

Last edited by Dorian5; 11-11-2011 at 09:30 AM.
Dorian5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone!

I totally agree, thanksgiving isn't going to be worth worrying about for me - fortunately it has never been an eat until sickness day - generally just a high calorie one. It is a free day to enjoy with family and enjoy the food. Might just skip the scale the following day (mostly the salt).

Dorian, one of the things I was thinking about last night is that even when you are within your target weight it is stunning how much I can still pick apart. There is an entirely different process involved with that I think. I am still figuring it out myself. Anyway, it is great to hear some thoughts from someone trying to figure out maintenance.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:19 PM   #14  
learning maintenance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian5 View Post
while 124 feels a little squishy but "acceptable", 119 feels hot!!
the perfect description!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:45 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Thanks! So far it doesnt seem like the weight is coming off and I really am hating the TOM... I got my first cramp during Zumba on thursday. I was so embarrassed that I had to stop during the middle of a song to relieve the pain. The instructor told me I really have to start weight training or start doing jane fonda type exercises again if I want to keep dropping weight. I was lifting weights at work on friday. My boyfriend is letting me borrow his exercise band thing. Hopefully restarting weight training will work.
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote