Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-23-2011, 10:08 AM   #1  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Talking Non-food related reward here I come!

Had one of those "NO WAY!?!" moments this morning when I weighed in - down to 183! Yay! My next mini goal was 185 so it felt really good to see that number. Felt so go I tried on some pants that I wasn't able to fit without a muffin top 15 lbs ago and they fit really nicely! Yay again So tonight I go for my non-food related reward - a massage and facial. It will be such a sweet reward.

I'm so super excited to be just 4 lbs from my goal weight when I my BMI will officially go from "Obese" to merely "Overweight" I love my weights. I think alternating weights with cardio is making a difference. Best Wednesday in a while
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:54 AM   #2  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Congrats! What an awesome NSV!

I wish I could reward myself like that. I used to be able to do that kind of stuff last time I lost weight, but now I am on such a tight budget, I have had to get very creative with my rewards.

These days I reward myself with a nap, or a self-pedicure, or some quiet alone time at the library.
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 10:01 AM   #3  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Default inexpensive non-food related rewards

Hi There,
I usually don't reward myself with something that huge either. I'd be thin, but homeless, by the time I reached an ultimate goal weight lol My hubby gave me a gift card for my birthday (almost a year ago) but I was too embarassed to use it so I figured what the heck - I'll cash it in after losing nearly 50 lbs.

I have a few non-food related rewards to suggest if you are interested:

Visit with an old friend
Go for a hike or walk to just enjoy the scenery
Clean your closet to see what fits/doesn't fit anymore - this one is verrry rewarding
Go "window" shopping - try stuff on but don't buy it - that may be the buzz kill if you're one of those have-to-buy shoppers

I really like the idea of quiet time alone. That is very precious in my household. I could totally put my children and hubby on notice: "Pretend Mom's not here for 2 hours. I am off duty!" lol

I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the forum where members posted a bunch of ideas for non-food related rewards. Gonna check it out now that I think of it.
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:21 AM   #4  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWannaBSlim View Post
I'd be thin, but homeless, by the time I reached an ultimate goal weight.
Haha I can really relate!

Quote:
Visit with an old friend
Go for a hike or walk to just enjoy the scenery
Clean your closet to see what fits/doesn't fit anymore - this one is verrry rewarding
Go "window" shopping - try stuff on but don't buy it - that may be the buzz kill if you're one of those have-to-buy shoppers
These are good. I walk all the time in my neighborhood, but to drive to a beautiful location and walk there for pleasure would be a great reward!
Cleaning the closet, I do that about once a month since I have been losing weight. It is SUPER rewarding, and like a shopping trip, too, when I find I can fit into my skinny clothes again!
Window shopping is great, but I would end up buying it whether I could afford it or not, and then get in a fight with dh later on. Not so great for the marriage! lol

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there is a thread on the forum where members posted a bunch of ideas for non-food related rewards. Gonna check it out now that I think of it.
I am going to look for it, too.

But I still want that massage and facial, OP!
shr1nk1ngme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:34 PM   #5  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

WAHOOOOOO! That's awesome girl! You enjoy that massage and facial! You have done an amazing job! Would love to see some pics!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 04:03 PM   #6  
tiwiwas

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Congratulations on your mini-goal

I love the nap reward idea and visiting a friend non-food reward idea.
tiwiwas is offline   Reply With Quote