Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2003, 12:09 AM   #1  

Default 300+ and Ready to Try Again #370

God Bless America!

We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

Monday........Motivation Monday
Tuesday.......Tuesday Tips
Wednesday.....Wednesday Weigh ins
Thursday......Thankful Thursday
Friday........Friday Facials, Fingernails and Fun
Saturday.......Sit-up Saturdays - any physical activity
Sunday.........Soup and Salad Sunday - recipes

These are not required topics ...just ideas to share. We have found them very helpful. We also share heartaches and fears...joys and celebrations.

We chat at 8:30 PM EST, 7:30 PM CST on Wednesday and Saturday.

Please feel free to jump right in with us.
And be sure to check if there is a second page. We don't want anyone to miss any posts.
We want to invite everyone to join us in our journey.
We share laughter and tears.
We share what works for us and what doesn't.
We recently started a Topic of the Day.

WELCOME
Old 07-16-2003, 12:14 AM   #2  

Didn't think I had it in me to do the first post, did you? WRONG AGAIN!

Today the maintenance man comes and mows the grass (and does a great job, as usual ), and I weed my flower bed, and what does it do tonight?

IT RAINS!!!!! Geez.

On top of that, I had a wet cat brat, aka Tigger, to deal with. Got to admit he looked both pitiful and hilarious!
Old 07-16-2003, 12:46 AM   #3  
Dancing those pounds away

Angry

Lori.... I always knew you had it in you to start a new thread. Thanks.
Don't be upset about the rain... it will make your garden beautiful.

Pam... I REALLY liked your last post !!!!!
Factual about the past... and "positive" about the future !!!!
I am soooo happy you shared... it helped me a lot.

I know I owe so many personal responses.. but I feel lucky to even be peeking in. I have soooo much to do. I am running out of time.... we close on the new house this week.
I am running out of time to procrastinate.
I have to make FINAL DECISIONS about paint and carpet and curtains and .....
well, you get the idea.
It will be hard for me to justify being here too much. I will do my best... but this weekk and next are going to BUSY !!!!

My food is okay. I don't think good enough to lose... but definitely not bad enough to gain. Maintain probably. But starting Saturday... I start my DAILY swimming program. (hmm... no smilies for swimming) LOL

Will have to settle for a picture of the "Whoosh Fairy"
She will come and "whoosh" those pounds right off us.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:03 AM   #4  
Changin' my ways :)

S/C/G: 338/298/180

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone

Sorry for being MIA yesterday. I had kind of put off a side job I do until the very last minute. Fortunately it was only 5 hours of transcribing instead of the usual 8 or 9, but on top of everything else, I had no time to even think of popping in here.

Guess what! I'm OP two days in a row! Wahoo for me! Day one was great, except it felt like way, way too much food. Dinner was this yummy and very easy Parmesan Vegetable Stir-Fry. I'll post the recipe this Sunday. Day two has been good as well. I can hardly wait to see what I weigh in at in another 12 days.

I kind of forgot to post what plan this is. It is the one from Curves. I'm doing the lower carb, higher protein one. Only problem so far has been taking time to prep food to take with me for the day. I've tried to do as much ahead of time or make double batches, so it should go more smoothly.

I'd love to stay and do replies, especially since I haven't been here since Sunday, but I'm hitting a sleep deprivation wall! Last night was less than 4 hours. This is killing me. I just need one good night of sleep.

Take care all, and I'll see you tomorrow. *HUGS*

Andria
Old 07-16-2003, 04:18 AM   #5  

Hello to all!! I know it has been a long while since I have been here, but so much has gone on in my life lately. I don't know if I told you all about my hubby being off work, but he ended up being off for almost 2 months and then my grandfather died and then my grandmother was staying with us for almost 2 weeks because she had eye surgery and then I also had my nephew down for awhile and then my daughter dislocated her ankle, we had a horrific camping trip over the 4th. Ummm, lets see what else has gone wrong in my life. I think I could write a country song. I haven't done any kind of WW at all, in fact I gained back 8 of the 32 lbs I had lost, but I feel pretty good that that is all. I don't even pay attention to what I eat at all, I just see and eat it. Well, I am trying real hard to find some kind of order in my life. Hopefully things will start to change and get back to normal. Hubby is back to work, all relatives have left my house and we will not be doing any camping for awhile. I would love to hear from all of you again. DEON
Old 07-16-2003, 04:41 AM   #6  

A quick post before I leave -------

Andria - what kind of transcribing do you do - medical? I work in a pathology lab as a transcriptionist - I transcribe specimen descriptions.

Deon - good to hear from you again; you've had a lot to deal with; hope you are finally getting to the point that you can breathe again.

Lori - it always rains when we mow the yard and when I wash my car. Those cats of yours are so funny. My cat just lays around, but he's 10 years old so I guess he's not a spring chicken anymore.

2cute - inhale, exhale, inhale, exhale.

That's it for tonight. See you all tomorrow.
Old 07-16-2003, 06:57 AM   #7  

Morning girls,

Deon, I am glad you found your way back to the thread. Sorry you have had a bad time of it lately. I hope things are starting to look back up for you. How is hubby now?

Thin: Sorry, I forgot to post? I was just having a hay day playing with the new smiles. And I'm jealous of skribbles smiles too....they look like more fun...

Tina: Glad you could pop in on vacation. Hope you are having a blast, well by the time you get to read this, hope you had a blast.

2cute: Calm down, it will all fall into place!! You can do this and you will. Good luck with is all.

Lori: We knew you could start a new thread, good job. I think all cats hate the rain, mine is a long haired Maine cooncat and she looks pitiful when she is drenched.

Connie: Hope to see you in chat tonight, if your not too busy at work....

Andria: Can't wait for that recipe. I love parmasan anything.

Okay I replied to all on this thread.....and I will be back later, cause I am trying with all my might to stay on plan. And coming here helps me so much.

Hugs,
Sandy
Old 07-16-2003, 07:46 AM   #8  
You and Me in 2003

Unhappy

I'm here Thin
Food has not been good the last few days.
I am off today and I am going into town. I'll probably go see my sister. I want to go to Petsmart and the Sam's club. Just a day to myself.

I got a pkg about a genealogy seminar in Arkansas in October I want to go to. I went last year.

Work is so hectic.

It is so hot and muggy here all I want to do is soak in a pool (if we had one or access to one)

WEll I'll go and stop boring everyone. I'll catch you in chat tonight
Old 07-16-2003, 09:24 AM   #9  

Good Morning Ladies.

I feel like the past few days I've been off track. I'm getting that familiar feeling again. Tired, bloated cranky. I started my day today with fresh fruit and yogurt, hopefully the nutritious food will give me a boost.
I could also be because it's rainy and gloomy here today. Or maybe because that time of month is coming. Who knows. I have been staying with my workouts so at least I can't feel guilty about that. What makes us beat ourselves up so badly sometimes. I don't get it.

Deon,
Nice to meet you and welcome back. Great job on maintaining your loss, even in difficult times. Most of that 8 pounds is water anyway, it will be gone in no time.

Andria,
Congrats on staying on plan, I know that can be really tough sometimes. The recipe you mentioned sounded great, I am anxiously awaiting it. About the sleep, have you tried taking an over the counter sleep aid. Maybe Tylenol PM or something like that. They are supposed to be safe, just a suggestion.

2cute,
Gotta love the swimming, so refreshing and good for us! Don't overwhelm yourself with work, you deserve a break sometimes too!

Lori,
The rain will make your flowers grow tall and pretty. More power to you for doing yard work, ick I hate it. Kitty probably enjoyed the nice cool shower.

Take care all, I'm going back to work.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:00 AM   #10  
BELIEVE!

Good Morning Ladies!
I am happy to say that I am feeling back to normal today. It was a yucky couple days around my house! Now to catch up on the exercise I have missed for the past two days!

This talk about swimming has really got me wanting to join the Y. I have been thinking about it for awhile. To be honest the only thing keeping me from it is the drive from my house. It's about 15-20 minutes, which I know isn't too bad. But, I commute over an hour each way to work and when I get home the last thing I want to do is hop in my car again and the Y is the opposite direction from home. I may try to test it out a couple days and see how I feel about it. I really do love swimming.

Lori - That's great that Brian has a job after graduation. Is the job in CA? I hope you are able to get out there to meet his family.

2Cute - Take it one thing at a time with the new house. It WILL all come together. We've been in our house over 2 years and I am still trying to get it decorated. I just take it one room at a time. I know you are going to be quite busy, pop in when you can and let us know that everything is ok.

Andria - GOOD JOB staying OP the past couple days. I wish I could say the same, but no such luck. I haven't been too bad --- but not too good either. You definately need more than 4 hours sleep - rest up.

Deon - WELCOME BACK!!! It's great to see you - I am sorry to hear about all you have been dealing with lately, but it sounds like things are starting to look up!!! Don't stress about the 8 pounds --- you lost them before and you can get rid of them again. Just remember we are all here for you --- good or bad times!!!

Mary - Enjoy your day off! You need it - you've been working hard lately!

Natalie - Sounds like you are off to a healthy start today. Good Job. It is a rather gloomy day for us - I am just hoping for a little bit of rain because my yard is starting to look a bit dry! Then hopefully it will get nice again!

Well, speaking of work, I need to get some done! I'll Talk to everyone later!

Barb
Old 07-16-2003, 11:26 AM   #11  

Hi everyone -
Just joining this thread now. I was over at the 100 plus club and saw that most everyone is now here so I thought I'd stop in...

Havin a good week! Happy to have found you all
Old 07-16-2003, 12:16 PM   #12  
BELIEVE!

Hi Gals!
Where is everyone today? I'm getting ready to take a break for exercise and lunch and thought I'd pop in first.

My OB/GYN recently had me get some blood tests - my thyroid is slilghtly elevated - normal range is 0.5-4.7. My result was 5.17. Doc said it's not high enough to be very concerned but recommended I see an Endochrinologist just to be certain that I have no major problems. Does anyone have thyroid problems, can you recommend a good place to do some research? I am going to make an appt., but have no idea how long it will take to get in.

As many of you know, we have also been hoping to get pregnant -- unfortunately we got some pretty bad results from DH's sperm analysis. So, this is not going to be an easy road. I just need to take it one thing at a time and continue working on getting myself healthy! I know this is going to be hard for both of us. I haven't told DH yet. I don't have the heart to call him at work. I'll wait till tonight. Sorry if all this has fallen into the category of TMI, but I don't have anyone else to talk to about this right now.

Houndlvr1 - Welcome to our little world. Sorry to be such a downer today --- I am not usually throwing a pity party for myself, but just had to get this off my chest to this wonderful group of women!!! I saw your post on the other thread. Congratulations on your loss so far!!! I don't drink juices/smooties, so can't help you out there! Looking forward to getting to know you!

I'll be back later. Maybe a walk on the treadmill will help my spirits a little.
Barb
Old 07-16-2003, 12:18 PM   #13  
joe_anne2SUCCESS --{-@

S/C/G: 340/255.6/175

Height: 5'3"

Wink Our 20th Anniversary

Hi Friends
Today I have been married to Cameron the Love of my life for 20 years.

We have been through the best and worst of things but being together is what helped us get through them.
My DH is the one and only for me and I wouldn't trade or wish for anyone else.
Ok I am through bragging, but to let you know he is taking me out to lunch at a very nice restaurant. My sister's Birthday party is tonight too so we are planning to celebrate with her.
Below is the most recent picture of us together, this was just after my graduation in May.
You all have a Blessed Day
Old 07-16-2003, 01:30 PM   #14  

Good afternoon, dear chickies!

Joanne-Wow, who's the good looking couple in the picture? Nice pair, you two!

Barb-Yes, Brian's job offer is in California. I think he's trying to hint at me to get me to move out there...or hinting he wants to move here to PA. I still say the little bugger has something up his sleeve.

Welcome houndlvr! The more the merrier! You will enjoy this thread.

Deon--Nice to see you back at last and that things are getting better.

Side note on the cat brats: Tigger and Noah both HATE water! I gave them a bath once before they went to the V-E-T and you'd think I was killing them....and yours truly also got a bath in the process!

Last night's rain seemed to lower the humidity quite a bit--a great day to get some errands done!
Old 07-16-2003, 01:40 PM   #15  
BELIEVE!

Happy Anniversary Joanne!

Closed Thread