Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #1  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Thumbs up "Slow Dancing With A Stranger" #1

Hi Everyone
After much consideration, I have decided to start a thread for a unique group of losers.
Consider the following scenarios. If more than one apply to you, this just might be the thread you've been searching for:

This diet/lifestyle change is such a slow process for me, even losing 0.5 lbs or 1kg is a struggle.
I am frequently changing up different foods in my plan because what I ate worked last week, but it's not working this week.
One week, I ate everything on plan and gained weight, but another week I pigged out and LOST! WTH??
I've been at a plateau for so long, it's my new middle name!
I do ____ for exercise, but my body becomes used to the workout, and I am frequently having to switch up my routine to continue to see results.
I have been On Plan for so many days/weeks/months without seeing a downward scale movement, I'm ready to QUIT!

Well, before you rush right off and toss your stilettos, platforms, pumps, or boots in the closet, come have a "Slow Dance" with me! I often feel like I am a stranger in my own body, because I am constantly having to change up food and exercise and my scale still doesn't budge. This is not a challenge, but more of a daily accountability, support group, & learning experience all rolled up in one!

I will start a new thread every 10 days to reflect progress, accomplishments, and/or set backs! Feel free to post food choices, exercise routines, motivational words of wisdom, or anything else you feel lead to share.

Disclaimer: If you lose weight quickly and easily and have it all figured out, this is NOT the thread for you!

So, without further adieu....
May I have this dance?
Old 11-22-2011, 01:48 PM   #2  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Save the last dance for me!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 PM   #3  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
Save the last dance for me!
LAST? HA
You get the first!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I'll play.

I feel like I'm trying hard, but when I do lose, I regain the next week?!
I'm exercising but not seeing any changes.
Others around me are losing, and while I'm happy for them, I just get more frusterated!
I keep changing foods and plans because I get bored eating the same thing, so I don't feel consistant.
I'm just tired of trying and trying!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #5  

Cue the music! Love it, I found myself shaking my head with each question.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:41 PM   #6  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I'll play.

Others around me are losing, and while I'm happy for them, I just get more frusterated!
I keep changing foods and plans because I get bored eating the same thing, so I don't feel consistent.
Doesn't it seem that weight loss is NOT an Equal Opportunity Provider! There is completely no rhyme or reason to it!

I have used so many tools to trick myself, and they work for a while but then my body figures it out and says WHOA, PLATEAU AHEAD!

However, I refuse to quit. Just because it doesn't work this week doesn't mean it will not work next week for me.

You can do it, it's just finding what works today!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:48 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
There is completely no rhyme or reason to it!

Just because it doesn't work this week doesn't mean it will not work next week for me.

I think this is my problem also. I've tried some plans where I've been so wrapped up in what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, that I felt like I spent all my time thinking about food, when I felt the opposite should be true. My life shouldn't revolve around food. I feel that's how I got in here in the first place.

Jo, Hi! I remember you from another thread here at Chicks! Good job on the weight you've lost!

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 11-22-2011 at 02:57 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I think this is my problem also. I've tried some plans where I've been so wrapped up in what to eat, when to eat, how to eat, that I felt like I spent all my time thinking about food, when I felt the opposite should be true. My life shouldn't revolve around food. I feel that's how I got in here in the first place.

Jo, Hi! I remember you from another thread here at Chicks! Good job on the weight you've lost!
Hi PP, yup, I am still here, still at it. Taking the back side winding road to get there, but I am getting there. What you said above is totally me, always thinking and re-thinking things. It gets exhausting. I am always questioning myself and crossing fingers that I am "doing the right thing".

Last edited by jomatho; 11-22-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #9  

Today I baked 3 loaves of cinnamon bread for my Hubby's Tday potluck at work. The guys requested my bread! Its in the oven now!

I vacummed, mopped the house {tile and hardwood seperately}, and will finish cleaning the bath in a while.

And I did 40min of kickboxing + 11 min of abs.

During rest breaks, I've been knitting a blue baby outfit for Joesph, the new GS of my parents SS teacher. Dad asked me to make for him.

Jo, you are doing very well! I feel like I've tried everything to lose weight but nothing seems to work long term. Hubby and I have both realized that we have regained weight so we are both restarting. I have to admit its easier when I have someone working with me, and I'm not going it alone.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:55 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

Let's do this.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5' 6"

Oh, this is so my thread. Every thread I go to on these boards seems like its filled with people who drop weight quickly. It seems like I continuously see people who lose 60, even 100 pounds, in like 6 or 9 months. It took me a year to lose 50 pounds. And, what is a whoosh(!)? Every week, 3FCers have whooshes of 4, 5, 10 pounds lost in a week. And, although I am extremely happy for them, I have never, ever experienced this phenomenon and this ticks me off. ****, I'm lucky if I lose even 1 pound a week. Stupid weight loss. Why do you bless others with easy, rapid weight loss and taunt me with a barely moving scale? Damn you. Damn you to ****.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 184/173.9/145

Height: 5'2"

@princessgina00 - i KNOW!. WTH? I convince myself in the beginning that, ok 2 pounds is ok, 2 pounds in a week is alright. and then comes the week where I don't lose ANYTHING, and everything goes to heck. I try to convince myself that - WOW! 52 pounds in year would be GREAT! And that's only 1lb/week! That should be 'easy'... but then when i only DO lose one pound in a week, I get so MAD and say TO HECK WITH IT!.... so, hopefully this thread helps with that. :-P
Old 11-22-2011, 10:27 PM   #13  

At least here we are all in the same boat, I feel that will definatly help our morale. Several years ago I lost some weight and it was easy compared to how hard I'm working now just to maintain.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:34 PM   #14  
~Krystal~

Princess: I had to LOL at your post, but only b/c i know EXACTLY how you feel. I had ONE rare instance of this happening to me last week. I lost 3.8 lbs, but only after gaining 4 lbs in 2 days over the weekend!

ELBS:

PP: If I made Cinnamon Bread at my house, it would never make it to it's final destination!

AFM: Today, I went to the hair salon and had my hair colored "Chocolate Raspberry". I LOVE it! I have had it all over dark red, but never this dark in a brown tone. It makes me look older, but slimmer imo--which, hey, that's ALWAYS welcomed at my house!!

Today's Damage Report

Raspberry Greek Yogurt: 126
BBQ Chicken Salad with 1/2 Ranch 1/2 FF Ranch Dsg, Butternut Squash Apple Cranberry Bake (this recipe is fabulous, but the cals are ridiculous!): 454
BBQ Chicken Sandwich Round, a few corn chips, SoDelicious Vanilla: 485
Chili's Grilled Veggie Soft Tacos (2), a few chips with queso: ~700
Total: 1765 (60 over )

+ BodyRock: 250
Water: 56 oz (I usually don't have an issue drinking 72-80 oz of water but it was rainy and cold here. I couldn't drink it today!)

Products/Sites I abuse

BodyRock.tv
EatRight Precision Bathroom Scale
EatRight Precision Food Scale
MFP--Add me if you like "chosengiver"
Clean Eating
Skinny Taste
Old 11-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #15  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELBS717 View Post
@princessgina00 - i KNOW!. WTH? I convince myself in the beginning that, ok 2 pounds is ok, 2 pounds in a week is alright. and then comes the week where I don't lose ANYTHING, and everything goes to heck. I try to convince myself that - WOW! 52 pounds in year would be GREAT! And that's only 1lb/week! That should be 'easy'... but then when i only DO lose one pound in a week, I get so MAD and say TO HECK WITH IT!.... so, hopefully this thread helps with that. :-P
If I were lucky enough to lose 1 lb in a week and KEEP it off, I'd dance to the stars and back!
Closed Thread