South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 06:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Tuesday SBD Chat 11/22

WAKE UP!!!!! I know it's raining and it's still dark out, but it's a brand new day! Let's crank it up!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm up!!! Sorry I missed getting here yesterday. I had no internet before I had to head off to work. Work again today....that's about all. I can feel moisture in the air think we'll get some snow later. Off to chore land.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:06 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning,

Linda, Don't forget your umbrella.

Debbie, Have a great day at work!

The sun isn't up today, but I'm sure the sky will be red/pink. We are supposed to get severe weather today. Schools north of us have already canceled school for today. The weather people aren't expecting another April 27th, but are expecting supercell storms, which breed tornadoes.

I dreamed about eating last night. Maybe it's a forecast for our Louisiana trip. My plan -- portion control.

I wish I didn't have to go to work today. I have laundry and packing left to do. Of course, if I were to get up NOW, I could fold the two loads of laundry on the kitchen table. Not that awake yet...
Old 11-22-2011, 07:14 AM   #4  

Here it is, 7am, and it's still dark out. Ruthie should be on the road, headed south by now, and I hope she doesn't run into any heavy downpours!

Today's my last day of work for the week, and I'm staying late so C & R can go to a cocktail party tonight. The girls and I will probably grab something for supper after gymnastics, and I have a inkling that they'll want Chinese. That shouldn't be a problem for me, though, as they make a pretty good green bean and tofu in garlic sauce, and they can make it WW style if I ask them.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #5  

Debbie ~ I hope you get all your chores done early in the day! Are you staying in Glenwood Springs for Thanksgiving?

Chelby ~ I saw the forecast for your area, and I hope it's not too bad! We're just supposed to get heavy rain here, and Ruth is planning to stay in Allentown overnight for the worst of it, thank goodness. That's so funny that you dreamed of eating! You must have some great cooks in your family.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Two breakfasts made and now a little time to relax with mine

Cottage - it's sunny and clear here so hopefully Ruth will have good traveling weather. Will they make it in before the storm hits tonight? We have lots of snow in the forecast through all of new england and adjacent NY.

Debbie - Happy choring

Chel - When are you heading out? I hope you will miss all the yucky weather (and that it misses you!)

Not much going on here. Just a lovely day of boring chores and routine and storm prep. Luckily I did a huge shopping yesterday (haven't been in 2.5 weeks. that was scary ) so we are ready for anything. Happy twos-day!
Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Hello ladies! Eating my omelette quick while checking in. I have to still vacuum before going to work, and finish packing. The place isn't pristine, but hopefully good enough my housesitter won't turn green . We leave right after work tonight, and go part way into VA. How I hate being on I-95, and it's even worse around the holiday!!

Have a great Thanksgiving, if I don't get to check in!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good afternoon already!?

I need willpower... I'm off to pick up my son's ice cream birthday cake. Both boys fly home tonight but, of course, get in at different times. So I'll spend my evening driving to/from the airport. And will struggle to stay awake past my bedtime so I don't miss the "just off the plane so the mood to talk and catch up" car talk.

I'm trying to convince my husband that it would be most thoughtful to buy subs for the boys to eat in the car. I know both will be hungry and I DO NOT want to have to go out to eat and/or thru a drive-through or both. Selfish me. And let me just vent and say that my husband is really annoying me today! Of course, I suspect he'd say the same about me

Did I already share that I had to put the bread I bought yesterday for Thanksgiving in the car trunk so I'd stop obsessing over it?

Okay... no more procrastinating. Off to Baskin Robbins.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #9  

Karen, I picture your neighbors wondering why you store everything in your trunk! LOL! As long as it works for ya.

I am having my mid day coffee, it is very good.

I got the rest of stitches out of my thumb, and they cleaned it up. Don't have to go back for 2 weeks. Then will look at ultra sound treatment to get the skin to heal internally. I told the doctor I didn't like the way it looked and he told me, it has only been 2 weeks and started giving me a detailed breakdown of how long cells, nerves, bone and the surface skin take to heal. Then I shut up!

But going to take the dogs for a walk up the driveway and then put ice on my back and rest. Boring.
Old 11-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Back from the ice cream store and while I thought (a lot) about getting some, I didn't Now I'm going to get on my treadmill and de-stress.

Chickadee - I managed to put it in there while the car was in the garage with the door closed. But I wonder if my husband has discovered it!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:06 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Debbie ~ I hope you get all your chores done early in the day! Are you staying in Glenwood Springs for Thanksgiving?
Idaho Springs....Kirk has family in Denver, including his DD so we have breakfast w/mom then head down later. I think we'll head to Glenwood next week after my work days (Mon and Tues).
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It sure is raining here. Travelling the turnpike in the dark in a downpour is quite an experience - expecially when you miss your exit.

Anyhow I am finally here and do not intend to budge from my room or I'll drown. (I'm also nearly out of gas!) It'll be the best I can do supper with a very small 60 cal bag of pretzels, an apple snitched from the hotel lobby and water. I plan to watch the Food Channel and head for early bed. A looooong day!

Night all!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Have a great Thanksgiving gang!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm glad you made it safely, Ruth!

I am all packed. We will leave bright and early tomorrow morning. It's an 8.5 hour drive. Auston will ask 'how much longer' before we get to Birmingham. I have lots of entertainment for him, so we should be fine.

Happy Thanksgiving, Friends.
Closed Thread