Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 07:47 AM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #76

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, humor and support. Feel comfortable to join us all newcomers and regulars as we share our lives while losing weight. Be sure to go back to SAHM's #75 to check up on what has been going on in our lives.
Everyone Have A Great OP Day!

Ginny
Old 07-12-2003, 08:09 AM   #2  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!!!!
Gee the last thread was so busy- I decided to start a new one.
Spryng- gee, I'm glad that you can appreciate my sick sense of humor......and have decided to slow down. Go give sweet little Tanner a big kiss for me......early babyhood is just so sweet.
Keep us informed of all the cute little things that he does, ok?

Melissa- well, the one good thing about your situation is you know when Myra will be born! None of that last minute- is this a labor pain or not stuff- and all the well meant phone calls asking if you are in labor or not! I hope that this c-section's recovery time is short for you- surgical procedures seem to improve each year. Sorry that the time is moving so slowly......... but at least it sounds like you are really ready now. Myra Frances is a beautiful name....I do prefer older names myself too. Hang in there!!!

Kristi-glad that you found a bat. I know it gets really tough around here. Knowing the dumb stores here they are putting skiing stuff now!! Good job getting all that walking in! Try not to get too down on going off with your eating. Focus on one day at a time.....each moment and try to stay strong. At WW they suggest drinking lots of water....flavored seltzers are fine too and keeping preportioned servings of healthy snacks around at all times. That way there is always a good alternative to the high calorie stuff and you are not stuck making poor decisions...... just a thought.

Dh and Dd are off to the softball tournament. I got a walk in this am- not sure how long as I ended up trying to break up a dog fight (two were leashed and attended and one was a neighbors who was loose). We have 4 golden labs in the neighborhood......and they all look alike! So, I got to play detective who's dog it was that was out and had been skunked (lovely stench! ). I guessed right.....the family is on vacation... and I left the dog with the neighbor who was supposed to care for the dog. Never a dull one here!
Well, gotta go. I have some painting to do. Have a great day.
Ginny
Old 07-12-2003, 10:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Mel I can't believe you are so close!! How exciting! May I ask why you had to have a c-sec with your 1st baby?? Are you nervous about another sugery? I'm nervous for you. The thing that always scared me most during my pregnancies was the unknown and the "looming" possibility for a c-sec. But thankfully I never needed one. Even though this time around I got really close with his cord wrapped around his neck twice and once around his body. It could have been a bad thing but thankfully everything was just fine. Is she going to sleep in your room at first? Tanner is doing well in his bassinet. But he is a tummy sleeper. Won't sleep any other way. My other son was like that too. I know it's suppose to be "back to sleep" but with him right next to my bed I feel ok putting him on his belly.
Well I am in the process of talking DH into going somewhere today. I'm tired of being cooped up. We went to the in-laws house last night but it's not really getting out. All they do is eat and stay glued to the TV. It's not really visiting.
So gotta go. Talk to you all later!
Old 07-12-2003, 06:51 PM   #4  
One day at a time.

Hi there,

Just thought I'd drop in for a few minutes and say hello, and see how everyones weekend is going! Not much going on here, just enjoying some peace and quiet while Dh and Ds are gone to OK. to get a load of dog food.

Ginny, you're right about not having to wait, but I'm hoping I'll go in a bit sooner!?! At my OB. appt. this week I asked how soon was too soon to go, and she said if I'm contracting regularly and I'm past 37 weeks, then we'll go ahead!!! So... I'm hoping that I can go a bit sooner than 39 weeks, considering I was in labor at 34 weeks with Ds, I guess I have a good chance? Cross your fingers!!!

Spryng, I hope you got out of the house for a while, I know what you mean, I feel like I could go stir crazy in here sometimes! As for me having a c-section with my Ds, well, I have to start back at 34 week when I went in labor and was put to bed. Then when I reached term, I wouldn't start contracting again, so they had to induce and after 16 hours of hard labor I wouldn't progress past 8cm. and started running a high fever, so they decided that was enough trying! I am a bit nervous but mostly about the health of the baby, and maybe a little nervous about the epidural too!?! But I'm sure that everything will be fine, I'm just so.. ready to hold my baby! She will be staying in our room, in her cradle, for 6 month while I'm nursing her! And guess what, after that we're going to try for another baby! So keep us in all your prayers, that it won't take another 7 years to happen!?!

Well ladies, I better get moving, Dh just called and is on his way home( I still need to empty the dish washer)!

Have a great weekend!
Old 07-12-2003, 10:52 PM   #5  
burned out bus driver

Hi!

Spryng- I hope that you convinced Dh to get out a bit. Those first few weeks can be frustrating- waiting to feel more normal and lacking the normal stimulation from the outside world. I know that I am contradicting the American Academy of Pediatrics...but I raised three tummy sleepers.....as a matter of fact my oldest never ever slept anyway other than her tummy until she was almost 4 years old! So- I guess little Tanner knows best what is right for him- just make sure that the bedding is firm and there are no pillows to suffocate. I often wondered what to do- as in my Ds's case- where you could start him out on his side or back.....and then check him an hour later and he was guess what- on his tummy! Now, I am a big advocate for letting sleeping babies lie.....as in do not disturb! (if they are sleeping they must be comfortable, right?)

Melissa-Gee that is so exciting that you are going to try for another baby soon after Myra is born! (one of my regrets is that my youngest has had to grow up without another young child in the house with her- Dd and Ds are 10 and 7 years older, respectively). I was really bummed about that for a long time.
I hear ya about being nervous about the epidural- and unfortunately can offer no advice on that. I wanted one with Dd's labor- but it went so fast and she was in distress (like Tanner, the cord was wrapped around her neck) so there was no time. Try talking to your Dr about it...maybe there is something they can tell you or offer to ease your fears.

As for me- Dd and I went to visit Dm today. We were supposed to take her out for dinner- but she was not feeling all that well, so we just chatted with her for a few hours. She was in a good mood- and I'm glad that we went. Dd and Dh are off again early for the rest of this stupid softball tourament. (does this season ever end??? ). They have fun together........but the rest of us are sort of left out. Looks like tomorrow I will be taking Ds to the Dr- he has been complaining about an earache. Oh, he just came in with a bad headache........the fun never ends.
I'm one tired puppy- been up since 5 am and have to get up that early again tomorrow to make breakfast for the softball twins.
Guess I have babbled enough for one day.......see ya tomorrow!
Ginny
Old 07-12-2003, 11:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good evening all!
Wow Mel, already planning #3 huh? I hope that is doesn't take years to concieve again. And thanks for filling me in on your first pregnancy and c-sec. How terrible to be in labor so long and get to 8 cm and get stuck. I'm sure getting the c-sec then was quite a relief. I know that as long as a healthy baby gets born it doesn't really matter how they get here.
Well, I'm with Ginny, I haven't been up since 5 am but i feel like I have so I'm off to bed too. Tonight is my night to get up with Tanner so I should get some sleep since he is out now.
So I'll talk with you all tomorrow. G'nite.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I'm here! I've been mia I took alittle nexpected vacation and just got back. So glad to be home. Seems like when we take the notion and go off like that I regret it when I get back. Anyhow all is well here on the farm. and I'm getting big as a cow!

Aw Spryng. I hope you did get out some too. It can be so frustrating.

Ginny thats so funny about the 4 labs. wonder if anyone ever takes the wrong one home. My husband got the girls a blood hound today. Its the funniest looking dog but sooo sweet.

I'm excited for you Mel and being so close to deliver. My gf went thru what you did and she has planned c-sections now too. Her first was awful. She tried like you for hours to deliver and couldn't. I've had 4 epidurals now. They never seem to bother me. I don't know why. I guess I just try not to think about it alot. I'm excited too that you are gonna try and have another. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
I have to get in the bed girls. have a great night!!!
Old 07-13-2003, 01:55 PM   #8  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good Morning Everyone!

Sorry I havent been around the last couple of days. Friday DH was off and we took the kids to Seattle to the Pacific Science Center and Seattle Center. (That is what Cassie wanted to do for her B-day!) That was fun because the last time we were at the Sci Center was 3 years ago and the kids were terrified! They have this whole section of Dinosaurs. Models that move and last time we had them in the double stroller and as soon as they saw the T-Rex, cassie pulled the hood of her stroller down over her and wouldnt come out. (She was barely 2 at the time!) Tyler was not quite 4 and when he saw what his sister did... he did the same! LOL. Even my mom and dad who were with us at the time could not coax them out! This time they LOVED the dinos.. and all the other stuff they learned about and could do!

Yesterday was Cassie's Kids Party. We did it a Michaels. She chose to have everyone paint and decorate trinket boxes. they had the BEST time. And the best part for me is that I didnt have to clean up!!!

Ginny - I am feeling OK right now. TOM is here so I am pretty uncomfortable but Hanging in there. Yesterday's party was tough.. but I got through it! That picture was taken last year, around October. My face was pretty clear and I was about 20 lbs lighter at the time.. so I am using it as an incentive pic too!

Spryng - did you get out of the house? I hope so! Even brand new moms need a time out!

Misty - Good to hear from you! Where did you go on this mini vacation?

Mel - Good for you wanting to try so soon! Hopefully you will be like me! Cassie was our surprise baby.. I found out I was prego with her the day Tyler took his first steps. It was a SHOCK after having to go through infertility treatments to get prego the first time! Actually, Tyler was a surprise too. We decided to take a break from trying so that I could have surgery on my shoulder. (I injured it at work lifting a 65 pound mini computer) My orthopedic surgeon called me the evening before the surgery to tell me it was off.. he always took pregnancy tests before surgery just to be sure his patients werent pregnant... and I was the first one he ever had to tell.. I never did have that surgery.. LOL

I have my tests tomorrow morning. I'll let you all know what they find!

Have a good Sunday!
Old 07-13-2003, 09:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Melissa, I'm so sorry to hear about your ear/sinus infection - summer cold conditions are the worst! Take care and I'll definitely keep you in my thoughts while enjoying my morning java. Call me dumb, but what's a dn, dear neighbor?.....Ginny, Diet wise I've been really good since fri. PMS really took ahold of me this month and TOM showed up 4 days early even, the nerve! I do drink my water, but will take helpful advice and reminders any time - thanks...Spryng,I had 2 belly sleepers also, like Ginny said, just keep any extra fluffies out of his bassinet and your beautiful Tanner will be just fine with his loving mommy so close by. I too had one child with the cord around her neck, my first. It was terribly scary, because she wasn't breathing right when first delivered so they just whisked her away and I never saw her again for more than 4 hrs. This is not a good thing to do to a first time mother especially! Except for that though I had 4 all natural deliveries with no pain killers at all and each one was concieved more than easily! I know I've been very blessed and I am truly thankful. Your inlaws sound like my mother. I swear sometimes she talks to the charactors in the tv show more than me while I'm visiting. So, I too hope you got a "real" out!....Karen, Sounds like dd had a couple more terrific outings for her bday. She's such a lucky gal! Another thing in common...TOM is also here for me! This is getting freaky girl! HA ha!.......As for me, I've had a great weekend. For the first time in a long time we had no commitments this weekend. We all went swimming yesterday. Me and dh had canon ball contests with the children as judges. They thought that was really cool. Then I swam actually stroking continually for 30 min. Because it's new too me I'm actually more proud of this than any walking or biking that I do. I walked 4 miles on the trail today testing my pedometer against the mile markers and it was actually set quite short. This was a nice surprise as that means my 3 mile walk on Fri. was actually 4 miles. Yippee! Have a great Mon. tomorrow all!

GM 40 / MW 29 / MTG 11
BGM 24 / MB 16 / BMTG 8

Kristi
Old 07-14-2003, 04:40 PM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Hi everyone!

Kristi - OMGoodness!! IT is getting Freaky!! Cannonballs! How fun! I havent done those in years! Tell me, what are the stats in your signature. For the life of me I cannot figure out what they mean!

Mel - Did I miss the post about you having a cold/sinus infection? You take care! That is no fun when you are pregnant!

I had my Pre-op and ultrasound today. When they did the ultra sound, they every thing was fine at first.. the right ovary was perfect and the uterus was fine. then she started to prob the left side for the ovary and I thought I was going to die from the pain... the same pain i get every month.. only stronger. Then she couldnt find the ovary!! She could feel it when she did a external exam but the ultrasound couldnt pick it up. after about 10 minutes of me cringing and she apologizing she found it but could not see all of it. The doctor thinks that it and the tube are fused to either my uterus, intestines or spine. That is caused from either the Endometriosis, c-sections, previous laparoscopy or all of the above. So I have about an 80% chance of losing my left ovary and Fallopian tube. I am also going to have to have more blood work. this time I have to fast for it so they can check for insulin resistance.

So needless to say I am in shock. I didnt think I was going to have to lose an ovary. I am still trying to figure out how to deal with this. and how I feel about it. We arent planning to have any more children in fact DH had a vasectomy 2 years ago.. but losing a part of me that allows me to have them... that is quite hard to deal with.

Ok.. the good news is I have FINALLY found a doctor who listens. And answers questions and doenst think I am "pain intolerant". WOO HOO! He said today that we will get to the bottom of this. and soon!

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:15 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Oh Karen, I am so glad that you have found a Dr. who listens to you. What you describe sounds as though it would be very painful, especially when hormones start fluctuating at different times of the month. I'm so glad that all of this will be resolved for you soon. I believe it would be very hard to deal with, just the thought of losing any part of yourself is good reason to be in shock. Take the time to think and pray about how all this is really going to affect you. You owe it to yourself right now to be a little selfish even. I'll keep you in my prayers!......dd and ds are at their last ball game of the season right now. Just daddy got to go, because 3 yr. old clonked out 30 min. before we needed to leave. I sent daddy loaded down with water bottles and the camera and told him not to miss a thing. Me and ds were practicing with his new bat today. You can really tell a difference. This bat weighs much more than the team bats, but ds is big for his age so it was just what he needed to put some umph behind his ball. Thankfully he does have a tournament one day next week and since I'm the SAHP I will get to see him play with it. Staying at home can be so aaahhhhhh!!!! at times, but it really has it's perks too! Eating has been OP good today, but no real exercise to speak of yet. Depending on when they get home I may skip it for today. I hate to, but I know I need to sometimes too. DD#1 started a summer school class on how to care for horses today. Of course she didn't want to go when I reminded her to get ready to go, but she really enjoyed it after she got there. Of course. It's 9am to noon all this week, but she has to miss 1 hr. tomorrow for her piano lesson. Anyway, salad for supper, I gotta go slice and dice! Take care all.

goal miles 40 / miles walked 29 / miles to go 11
bike goal miles 24 / miles biked 16 / bike miles to go 8

Kristi
Old 07-14-2003, 06:45 PM   #12  
One day at a time.

Good evening ladies!

It's a beautiful day here, but too HOT! We managed to enjoy it anyway, Ds and I went to the gym and swam for an hour! It really does feel great to feel so weightless at this stage in pregnancy!!! I'm feeling a bit better now with my sinus/ear infection, now my ear only hurts in the AM.

Ginny, how is your Ds doing with his ear ache?

Spryng, yes you're right! As long as we get a healthy baby, nothing else matters! Oh BTW, another factor that lead to my first c-sections was Ds size, he weighed 8 lb. 15 oz. and they're already thinking that Myra is going to a big baby too! So, bring on the c-section!

Misty, it's great to hear from you! We missed you, but it's good that your out vacationing and hopfully resting for your growing baby! How has everything been going? Please remind my how far you are now?

Karen, I'm glad you're being well taken care of, and hope all goes well for you next week!

Kristi, Dn is our Dear Nephew who was living with us for a while. WTG with your swimming, I can relate to your proudness. I'm not a great swimmer but I love the water, and after my wonderful swim today, I think I'm going to try to fit in more. It just felt so... good on this Big Ole' pregnant body!

Well ladies, sorry I didn't get more personal, my brain seems to be mush today, and I can't concentrate very well!?! Hope y'all have a great evening!

Last edited by mel17; 07-14-2003 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:53 AM   #13  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Gee, it has been busy here since I was last on. Melissa, Spryng, Kristi, Karen and Michele- I promise to "get personal" later- I am online now doing something for Dh. We had a wierd day yesterday- I went on a trip with Dd's school to Six Flags - I was the bus driver . It went well but the bus was a real relic- sort of from the Jurassic age......
Gotta go, and I promise to get back on later and "chat". Have a great day!Ginny
Old 07-15-2003, 11:33 AM   #14  
burned out bus driver

Ok, I'm back.

Spryng- hope that you are doing ok-and that you got some rest. It seems strange that you have not posted in a day or so, hope that it is because of happy reasons and that you are just busy.

Jackie- well, it just would not be a post without mentioning you!
Is Dh still on vacation and home? ( I loved your late night sneak online.......sounds like something that I have to do occasionally). Don't they understand that this is therapeutic for us? How is FIL doing? And how are you?

Michele-hope that your mini vacation was fun! That big as a cow feeling is quite something- well, it will pass soon enough! Hot weather does not help it either. Make sure to drink lots of water- you and the baby need it! How is the new dog working out (dog or puppy?).

Karen- glad that Cassie's party was so great ! I might just steal that idea for my Dd's party in December. I will continue to pray for you with regards to this surgery. That has to be upsetting that you will lose an ovary. I know you mentioned that your family was complete, but lots of women have concieved and lived totally normal lives with only one ovary. And, thankfully you will still have one. I hope that I am not being insensitive here- big hugs to you and lots of prayers. Try to pamper yourself a bit- and look foward to the post surgical time when, Lord willing all of your bad symptoms are gone. It is also wonderful that you have such an understanding Dr (they are rare, aren't they!)

Kristi- I know well how being the SAHP can be great- a bit lonely sometimes, but it is also nice not to have to do all the running around. Some people thrive on it, I do not. It is ok if you have to skip excercise a day or so- there are lots of weeks that I get out 5 times and allow myself a day or two off. It is one way to stave off boredom, and allow another activity (even if that is cleaning ).

Melissa- how is your sinus/ear infection doing? Are you feeling better? How nice that you got to go swimming- relaxing and relief from the heat too! Don't worry about having mind mush.....some of us (actually me!) suffer from it daily! We love you no matter what!

Well, today is sort of low key for me, I needed it! Yesterday was fun- a bit disorganized (I did not set the trip up, my job was to drive). A long day, though.....and I am so glad to be home! The bus was so old......and really uncomfortable to drive.
I did get a walk in yesterday, and am at least for now, taking today off. I'll probably go out for a short walk later 15 minutes or so just to relax. My eating was off yesterday- but within points range. Ok, I ate junk! (my treat to myself was one of those soft pretzels, but I know how many points they are and worked it out) and today I am off to a healthy start with regards to my eating. Tomorrow is WI........., now how did that come around again so fast???

Well, I had better scoot. See ya later and have a great day!
Ginny
Old 07-15-2003, 06:07 PM   #15  
I'm a Jovi Girl

Ginny - good to hear from you!! How fun to drive the bus! I have always wanted to do that!! I can imagine though it can make for a long day! It is just being the parent shaparoning! I do that a lot!!

Boy it got quiet all of a sudden!

Mel - I am glad you are feeling better!! that swiming sounds like what I need too! IT is so hot an humid here! Good for you doing that C-Section. I tried for a V-Bac with cassie.. she was small ( 7 lbs 3 oz) but man.. it was AWEFUL. I wouldnt dialate and 2 hours into it, I was BEGGING for the c-section. David was crying with the doctor because I had the nurse from H*** and she would not believe my water broke even though I was sitting in a puddle of water. She actually said that I couldnt know when my water broke, I wasnt a nurse... can you believe that? I laugh about it now.. but shesh...

Kristi - AMEN to the SAHP being the AHHHHH some times! SUmmer I think is the worst because if you dont keep them entertained you get the "Im bored mom!" all the time! But I wouldnt give it up for anything!

As for me, I am feeling better emotionally about things. My back is Killing me though from the probing yesterday. I got my blood drawn this morning and have had time to think and pray about it all. If what he says is true, once that ovary is gone.. The icky pain I get every month will be GONE forever! WOO HOO!!! So.. maybe having just one isnt so bad. I dont knwo what it is but even though David had the vasectomy, I just like to keep my options open about having another. I guess it is that maternal instinct thing.

Hope all are well!
Closed Thread