Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 09:16 PM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #11

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN! #11

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:17 PM   #2  

Looks like everyone is busy or went to bed early! No one has posted for a good part of the day.

Hope you all have a good evening and will see you tomorrow with Target Tuesday!

Faye
Old 07-14-2003, 10:09 PM   #3  

I'm peeking in so I get my e~mail notifications, you know how I am....LOL.

PEEK
Old 07-14-2003, 11:25 PM   #4  

Hey Fay,

Surprise! "It's me again Marge" You're all over the place......how do you have time to do all that cleaning?! I"ve decided you're probably ADHD

I completed my mission today..........I had a colonoscopy and passed with flying colors, after drinking 3 gallons of water yesterday I was determined, as the first one came back "poor prep", which I understand is not uncommon. The good news is, I don't have to have another one for 10 years, and by then maybe they'll have invented something fabulous to take its place. I certainly hope so!

Have any of youall tried the new WW Caraml Chocolate bar? I think that's the name.......they're really good! I freeze them so they last longer

Tried a new recipe over the weekend, and it really is good. Here goes:

1 pkg. sugar free cherry jello
1 cup hot water
1 cup diet coke
1 can of bing cherries.......drained and rinsed if in heavy syrup

Make it just like you would any jello, but the coke gives it a little zing. Makes 4 servings at 1Pt. each. I double the recipe and did it in a 9x13 pan.......the servings are very generous, and a dollup of ff cool whip makes it only 2pts.

Enjoy!

Bubbles
Old 07-14-2003, 11:29 PM   #5  

Hey Sandy/Peek

I've just returned from another fabulous week sailing on the Schooner Stephen Taber out of Rockland. It's my third time and I"m already stashing away money for next year. I adore Maine, because it has the mountains and the water, both of which I love.
Where in ME are you? A good friend is moving to Waterville next month.

Bubbles
Old 07-15-2003, 08:02 AM   #6  

Hey Bubbles,

I'm on the mid coast, little town called Bremen, and it is about 25 miles south of Rockland, thats too cool. So did you all sail down to Boothbay for the Windjammer days?

My hubby is a lobsterman so I get to go out on a boat anytime I would like...lol...but never been on a schooner, that may be fun.

PEEK
Old 07-15-2003, 09:21 AM   #7  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and we want to target how to react to people.

So many overweight people do not know what to do about people who talk about them behind thier backs, or when they are losing weight, people who tell them they are losing too much, look too thin, need to ear more, etc. Give us you suggestions on how to handle these things!

First off, I faceoff people who I know are talking about me. I walk right up to the and say, "Excuse me, did you ask me something?" or "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you, did you say something to me?" Most will back down and slink away with a no, BUT if they say something smart back like, "yeah, I just called you a fat pig." Whatever, I usually respond with something liike, "Ah, that's why I didn't hear you, you were talking jibberish." or "Oh, I'm sorry I only understand English." and promptly walk away, head held high!

For those mean wellers or ones who are jealous, best defense is again offense. Something like, "Oh, thanks for being concerned about me, but my doctor is thrilled with my weight and health so I will let him know." Shuts em right up when yus zing em with the ole medical doctor routine!

Bubs: You came out of the magnolia tree! Howdy! Honey, I jump around like a flea! A colonoscopy, oh you poor thing! Glad the ole channel is all clear though! Thanks for the great recipe and join us here anytime. We have lots of fun!

Peek: You are a little short on the post ain't ya? I know today is your day off so I better get some nice juicy stuff today! I know, you are busy trying the recipe I sent you last night, right?

Well it is almost pool time and I want to start cleaning the upstairs. My how the week flies.

Faye (oops forgot my points for yesterday)

Faye Gets a as I got all my points yesterday! Yippee and 2 lbs down besides!

Last edited by gma22; 07-15-2003 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 09:53 AM   #8  

HELLO CHICKIES

Good Tuesday to you all. Saw some different names this time, hello, enjoyed your posts.

for yesterday: 2 pts for program 1 for exercise and 1 for water. got to get my rear in gear this am though, havent had breakfast or walked my mile!!I know I shouldnt wait this long about eating, it has been since 6:45 last night. so, I am signing off for now...catch you later girlies...
Old 07-15-2003, 09:59 AM   #9  

Hi everyone!

Faye, what a great post on responding to negative comments!!! I always wondered what to say to people I thought might have said something about me but couldn't quite hear what they said, and now thanks to you, I have some phrases to try out!

I remember after having my second baby and I worked so very hard to lose the weight. I was down in my 120s from 180, and feeling and looking great and then my mother makes the comment that she thinks I am too thin! AHHHHH!!!!

BelediGirl
Old 07-15-2003, 10:00 AM   #10  

What is the 2 points for program?

BelediGirl
Old 07-15-2003, 11:11 AM   #11  
It is what it is...

Talking Morning...

wow, and what a morning, it is so dark and stormy here in good ol' Indiana...
I have been lucky - I have not had hardly any comments made about my weight, at least anything that I could hear. Mainly a couple of little kids ( out of the mouth of babes ) just look me right in the eye and say "you're fat." I usually dont say anything back, after all they are kids, usually under 5, and hey they are telling the truth...but I am not just fat, I am a person - and this person is working hard on the weight thing, I think I said in an earlier post that I have lost 15 pounds since I started on this past Father's Day...
I get all my points for yesterday, water, stay on program, and I even did the Walk Away the Pounds, I love that 1 mile walk, it goes by fast and it is easy to do....

Faye - CONGRATS on the two pounds down..p.s. dont feel bad about the Long John Silvers the other night, l love thier food, and I cannot resist it, I dont go as often now but it is hard...)

Have a good one all................ Carri
Old 07-15-2003, 11:19 AM   #12  

I know some of us are struggling right now and need a boost so I am putting a challenge to all of you! I want you all to work at losing 10 lbs by August 31st. That is not even 2 lbs a week, safe, healthy and you can do it. Come one now! Let's make the effort to get those 10lbs off and I have a surprise for each one who does!

We have some new smileys! Check them out!

Pam: You get a: for all your points yesterday! You are doing so great!

Bel: Welcome to our happy little group! I have wanted to challenge these ladies to stay with whatever program they are using be it WW, fat and cal counting, Richard Simmons, Low Carbs, whatever so everyday the ones that want to participate post their points or the day before. They get 1 for drinking right amount of water, 1 for exercising and 2 for staying within their personal program limits. You can earn up to 4 points and you get a certain "rah rah" from me everyday depending on your points. I needed it to keep me honest and it is helping a great deal. As for what to say, any of those things will shut someone up without being rude or nasty to them! For the jerks that say something about you like in the mall or something, I always make sure I walk up to them with a big smile all friendly like when I do it, and after I say my piece say have a nice day or have fun at the mall or something and walk away even if they continue (I have NEVER EVER had them continue believe it or not) I look people in the eye and walk head held high in like malls or stuff and am really friendly to strangers, saying hi to them or at leasting eye contact and smiling. I mean, you are a pretty nasty person if someone smiles and says how you doing and you call them a fat pig, right? Even teens don't do that. I think it is all in the way you carry yourself and as I have said a bazillion times, if you are ashamed of you, you can't expect someone else to respect you! That being said, I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with looking FAT! There is nothing wrong with wanting to change things about yourself including your health and appearance, but never be ashamed of who you are!

Carri: I have been known to say to little kids, "So what, you are little or blond or whatever, and I am just different than you!" YOU GET A: for points yesterday! You are doing maaaavulous!

You are one sexy group of gals! We are gonna win, win, win this fight together! Are you with me!!!!!!

Faye

Last edited by gma22; 07-15-2003 at 11:22 AM.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #13  

Okay Faye says I need to do a long post cause she knows its my day off.

Well for my day off this is what I have done so far.....Showered, then decided to tackle cleaning the cellar up then vacummed the car, then washed the car down on the inside. Then cleaned the Kitchen and the livingroom, am still doing laundry as we speak, one load folded beside me, one load washing and one load drying.. I'm onto the daughters room next then the bathroom. And this is supposed to be my day off? Plus my son has a friend over.

Today is also my inlaws 35th wedding anniversary. They are giving themselves a party on Saturday (no gifts) just a cookout with close friends and my mil is making her own cake. And I have to make the potatoe salad I guess.

Food has not been too bad, but could be so much better. I need to get this *** back on the right plan, instead of skinnning by. My mil has gotton a few girls, I think 5 or so to all get there exercise equipement together and put in her barn and we are gonna do an exercise group thing. Free of charge of course...lol....this should be fun. And If all the equiptment is in one place, just like other places that you pay a mint at, and it's only 5 miles from my house, I think I should be able to start a 4 day program and stick with it. Keep fingers crossed for me.

Like all of you, I know all the right stuff to do, it's just making me do it. I hope I'm not whinning, the whinning police will kick my butt!!! Acutally I don't think I am, I think I'm just stating how it is with me at the moment. But, I stepped on the scale this a.m and discovered I have gained back like 9 lbs.....ugh...so time to smarten this *** up. So far today I am on plan, I guess without really thinking about it.

For breakfast I had 2 pieces of toast with little margarine and for lunch I just had some left over chop souey from lastnight. Coffee, and I am having a Dt. Vanilla Coke, I know it should be water, but I will move to that next. Promise!!! Maybe I will get some points today....lol

Welcome to the newest memebers on the thread, hope you stick around for a while, this is a nice thread. Now I am off to play with the new smiles that I see popping up....

Hugs...
Peek
Old 07-15-2003, 01:31 PM   #14  

OMG this is gonna be so much fun....
Old 07-15-2003, 01:41 PM   #15  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

I was just going about my day lurking a bit, but then I saw Faye's post with the new smilies and I HAD to just try them out!

So I figured I'd stop in and a bit. I am getting ALL ready for Wednesday's woes I got a bit to go off on for my boss!

Anyway, as for yesterday's points, I get 1 for water, 1 for exercise and 0 for program. I had some mass quantities of Chinese for dinner. It's driving me crazy too b/c after I work my butt off in the gym I'm totally negating ALL my progress and effort. I'm gonna shoot for 30 minutes on the eliptical tonight. That is gonna be KILLER! But I gotta stop being a and just suck it up!

I will say that I am getting sick of comments from my boss. My workout friend and I got up for the early workout on Monday and she says..."Did you girls go for your workout today? I'm just checking up on you!" Like in that naughty voice talking to your little kid. I was so mad and I wanted to let her have a few choice words! But I just smiled and kept my mouth shut. So how would you handle a sitch like that? Where you'd love to tell them to shove it, but you can't necessarily?

I need a little inspiration guys. I'm just doing terrible lately on food.

Wait...no I shouldnt say that.

I eat oatmeal and a piece of fruit for every breakfast, and that's good.

I've been eating 99% fat free ravioli for lunch (I need quick and easy lunches and ones with MOOOOORE protein) I know I don't get enough protein.

Dinners have been going out the window tho...I don't know. But I guess I am doing beter than I give myself credit for. I drink only water and Crystal Lite. I don't snack at all during the day at work (unless it's fruit)...so that's something, I guess I just feel as though I'm getting frustrated. I'm not losing weight, nor do I feel defined (granted it's only a week at the gym...but still!).

I feel like I only wanna lose 20 lbs...and it has just not happened at all since I've started "trying." I'm keeping my spirits up, but I guess I need alternative ideas...I'm more than welcome to suggestions...I just can't seem to find an eating plan that works for me.

Anyway, enough complaining...sorry..I just had to get that out!

Hope everyone is having a day! Congrats on the 2lbs. down Faye!

Love,
Missy
Closed Thread