Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:26 AM   #1  

Default What kind of exercise do you do?

And are you satisfied with it?

I do "leslie sansones power walking system, the 3 mile one twice a day and denise austins power kickboxing (it has 40 minutes workout of kickboxing), Im happy with both of them but Im thinking of doing some crunchers to workout my stomach a bit more.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:47 AM   #2  

Obviously your routine is working! Congratulations!

I do the 30 minute Tae-Bo tape at least once a day, sometimes if I have energy or didn't eat well, twice. Plus I do some weight training and toning 3 to 4 times a week depending on how sore I make myself, then I do abdominal exercies everytime I do the Tae-bo, so sometimes once a day sometimes twice a day. I do three different types, the ones with your legs straight up in the air, with your legs bent and feet by your but and the oblique ones too. 35 of each, so 100 to 200 a day. It sounds like a lot, but really it's not bad.

The important thing with exercise that I have noticed, is doing it ALL THE TIME! Otherwise, when I would try to do 3 times a week, it never worked for me.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:06 PM   #3  

Default What I do...

Hey all, I'm new to these boards and just want to contribute! I've gotten back to exercising regularly over the past 2 months. As my fitness level has increased, I've realized that I've grown to love working out! Amazing!
I do: Weight training 3-4 times/wk. (full body)
Cardio at the gym every day (if possible)--I love the elliptical machine, especially the intervals program, and the treadmill for incline interval walking. I'm about to start investigating some different exercise videos, so that I'll have more variety in my routine. I'd love to eventually (once my weight is significantly lower) run in a 5K, and then maybe a 10K! But I'm not starting any jogging 'till I'm lighter...don't want to overstress my joints.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:09 PM   #4  

Husband and I work out together, doing weight training, three times a week. I take a once a week yoga class (which kicks my butt!) and I try to ride my bike anywhere from 1-3 times a week, for 30-60 minutes.

Colleen
238/229/160
Old 07-15-2003, 12:16 PM   #5  

I do quite a lot of running. I have run 3 marathons, and will shortly start training on the fourth one.

I try to do some resistance work - I have a ball and workout bands. I've used them both yesterday and this morning, so this week it's going well. But it's really hit or miss on that part of the workout.

As for the running, I love it! I never thought I'd see the day that I'd call myself a runner, but for some reason it works for me, and I enjoy getting out there and doing it.

Deep down I know I should add some sort of cross-training activity. Oh well, I'm not perfect! Some day maybe I'll get it all in gear....
Old 07-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #6  
Student of the Hoof

I tend to mix it up a bit, but my two mainstayes are running and heavy weights. I do a three day split on the weights, and run 4-5 times a week. I also toss in taebo, pilates, biking, WATP, and swimming.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:08 PM   #7  
"L" in Loser!

Taebo, definitely. I have the first and second Get Ripped Advanced Tapes...let me tell ya...you do feel like you got ripped! It's intense!
Old 07-16-2003, 05:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I just began my training again after 'falling off the wagon' for the last 18 months.

I started by walking a mile and a half this morning at a fairly quick pace. I guess you could call it power walking.I hope to have it up to 3 miles a day by the start of August.
I have the taebo tapes here, but I just dont think I am ready for those yet! Hopefully I can begin those next month.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:43 PM   #9  

I joined Curves and I try to go at least 3 times per week. They will weigh and measure you monthly and keep track of your progress. I feel like I get a full body workout in 30 min. The first month I lost 8 pounds, the second I lost 11 pounds and the third I lost 4 pounds plus many inches along the way!

I also try to do sit ups before bed, between 50 to 100 each night!
Old 07-18-2003, 11:03 AM   #10  

I do 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer 5 days a week and a full body free weight routine every other day. I just bought a yoga mat and the Yoga for Dummies dvd last night. I'm good about cardio, getting better about weight training, but I'm lousy about doing stretches. Hopefully the yoga will help with that.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:28 AM   #11  

Hi!

I lift weights and walk... I'm trying to start running, too.

For weights, I really enjoy "The Body Sculpting Bible for Women." The workouts are really structured and the excercises are VERY clearly illustrated and described. It's not for everyone, but the book is exactly the info I was looking for- I highly recommend it.

Jenny
Old 07-21-2003, 08:41 PM   #12  

Default Exercise

I am doing a combination of Walk away the pounds, Curves, Body Flex and soon to be starting a yoga system for round bodies. I figure if I really alternate my exercise that I won't get bored and will keep it going.

I really do enjoy WATP and Curves a great deal. That has been my main exercise program for 2 months. I started Body Flex yesterday and that is an interesting work out. You do feel it.

Yoga, still have to pop those tapes in the VCR and see if my round body can also do that. LOL.

Lisa
Old 07-23-2003, 12:53 PM   #13  
seekie

I play tennis 2-3 times a week, golf 2-3 times a week, and swim once a week. I also try to do Pilates (which I love but have trouble fitting in) and I need to start weight training for balance.
Closed Thread