Old 11-18-2011, 07:58 PM   #1  
Started July 1, 2011

S/C/G: 187/157.5/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Husband's Question Made Me Think...

My contract runs out this month, so I was talking to my husband about adding on more weeks, since I'm not where I want to be yet. He asked what happens when the contract runs out, "are they just done with you?" -- I told him that they shouldn't be, because a year of maintenance is in my contract. When he asked me what maintenance includes, I realized that I really don't know. I said, "I'm not sure.. I guess you continue to go in for weigh ins and stuff.."

So he asked this question: "Then why buy more weeks if you'd be getting the same benefits for free in Maintenance?"

And I just sat in silence, thinking he had a good point. Can you answer that question?
ginpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:43 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 261/240/150

Height: 5'2"

U go into maintenance after u reach goal weight and do six weeks of stabilzation which will introduce more carbs into your diet and wean u off of the protein drink

Last edited by rn5192008; 11-18-2011 at 10:19 PM.
rn5192008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:34 PM   #3  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

On Maintenance, your goal isn't to continue losing weight. Your goal is to learn to "maintain" the weight you are at. Adding in new foods etc....That is why they want you to get all the weight lost that you want by the time you start this...

Stabilization lasts for 6-weeks and that comes BEFORE Maintenance. During this time, they are just trying to get your weight stable, and you could during this time lose up to 5 more lbs. They have told me to adjust my goal accordingly...I can start Stabilization when I am within 3-5lbs of my goal weight. Some of the ladies want there to be more wiggle room for weight fluctuations, so whatever works for you

My understanding also is that after Maintenance, if you want to lose more weight, you start over again with Pre-conditioning...and menus, etc...so you really don't want to depend on Maintenance time to lose more weight.

Hope this helps!
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote