Old 11-18-2011, 11:27 AM   #1  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Default If you are going off plan, do HNS help?

It's been a while since I posted and i need to update my signature since I've been married over a year now We are currently losing weight to TTC (try to conceive). I've been back on plan and down 16 lbs...but we have an anniversary trip that has been planned for over six months next week to Gatlinburg TN. It will involve restaurants, and I feel like we're spending a lot of money on the trip and I don't want to obsess. I won't eat any sugar/dessert or bread, but I was thinking of maybe getting a baked potato at The Peddler or something. The question is, when you are off plan, do you think the HNS help keep you from gaining, or should I leave them at home?
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:16 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

I have PCOS too- after 4 miscarriages I got pregnant using Clommid (I don't think that's spelled right but that's how it sounds) and managed to keep her with progesterone supplements till week 11.

It definitely makes weight loss difficult, but as I am sure you know, the MRS plan is the best kind for PCOS because of our insulin issues. Low carb is better. So for that reason I am going to suggest you rethink the baked potato. Definitely have an HNS with it if you do choose to have it. Good luck!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 PM   #3  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

the HNSs definitely helped me when i was on vacation...i mixed them w/ tequila! my girlfriend who lost 21 lbs and hit her goal mixed hers with vodka all the time! maybe a bite of your husband's potato and that's it and split a dessert :-) the HNSs will keep your protein level up and are kind of desserty...plus i think they have some fiber in them too.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #4  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

YES...no matter what, stay on your HNS and any supplements you are taking! They do help by keeping the protein levels in your body elevated, which can help counteract the carbs you may be consuming off plan. High protein continues to allow your body to burn fat, so a very good idea to take with you for sure!! oh! You may also want to purchase the Fat/Carb Blockers....there is no scientific proof that they work, but in case they might help??? Worth it to me You are allowed to take those up to 3 times per week...so pick the worst meals you plan on eating, and take 2 capsules....with 16 oz of water BEFORE you eat.

Last edited by Tamikl; 11-20-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:49 PM   #5  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Default Q

i was amazed at how well the HNSs worked and the protein bars when i was on vacation...i lost 2 lbs that week! i did drink all my water and more! which helped too. (and i had BBQ, seafood buffets, etc.) instead of eating fudge and brownies like i normally would do, i would eat 1/2 a protein bar when i wanted "dessert"..
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 192/175/165

I also think they work when on vacation. I was in Mexico for 3 weeks and religiously took my supplements (the "Big 3") and HNS. Sometimes I would mix them with vodka... :-) I tried to stay close to program but definitely went off. I mean, it was Mexico for heaven's sake. I ran/walked almost every day and ended up losing 3 pounds. Truly a miracle. That has NEVER happened to me before. I do love the protein bars too. They work for a dessert need for me.
ggoddess is offline   Reply With Quote