Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 10:15 PM   #1  
Empress/Queen

Talking 21-day Challenge!!!!!!!

Posting a 21-DAY CHALLENGE to myself and anyone who feels in the mood to attempt this really awesome feat! (It's really hard!!)

Ok, ONE MORE TIME! We all know the drill on the 21-day challenge. This is for extra focus and support and not meant to compete with any other threads. Post a behavior or behavioral set that'll help in reaching your goal. Do it for 21 consecutive days. If you slip up, you have to start counting the days all over again, do not pass go, do not collect $2,000!!!! When you get to 21 days, you ... well, you get to 21 days and then you ... start over again with the same or a new behavior! You make all the rules for your own challenge.

Well, there you have it!

I first heard of the 21-day challenge from Wood Nymph Arabella, who has finished a number of them here on 3FC, I believe! I've been trying to do this for more than a year on this and nameless other forums!!! THIS TIME I INTEND TO SUCCEED! I'll ante up in a separate post, so I can use more smilies!

Last edited by Amarantha2; 07-13-2003 at 10:36 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:20 PM   #2  
Empress/Queen

Ok, -ie, I'd love to join you in doing the 21-day thingie!!!! TIMES THREE

My challenge is to stay UNDER 1795 CALORIES for 21 consecutive days, starting today!!! This will move me into August with a chance to make my Labor Day challenge on the Laborious Losers thread.

Day One: 1685

TIMES THREE
Old 07-13-2003, 11:12 PM   #3  
Domestic Engineer

I'll join you Amarantha!! My challenge is this: NO FAST FOOD! I have more I'm working on, but this would be great to get this bad habit out of my life! In fact since I haven't had any today I call this Day 1 a success!

Emily (edited to sign my name)
Old 07-14-2003, 12:59 AM   #4  
Empress/Queen

Jelynn!!! Thanks for joining me! See you on Day Two!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 09:33 AM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Ok, dokey, it's day two of the new!!!! Hoorah! I told everyone at the gym that I was doing this 21-days of NO MORE THAN 1795 (preferably in the 1500-1700 range). I WILL DO IT! Be back with my report tonight or tomorrow a.m.

Jelynn!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 03:49 PM   #6  

Hello I would like to join this challenge!

My challenge will be to stay within WW points/On Plan for 21 days straight. I would also like to practice my dancing for 30 minutes a day for 21 days!
Old 07-14-2003, 06:39 PM   #7  
Domestic Engineer

Welcome beledigirl! Sounds like a good plan- what kind of dancing do you do? A great way to get those exercise minutes in!

How's it going for you today Amarantha?

So far so good for me today with no fast food! Easy too since I haven't left the house today I guess that's one way to get to 21 days!!

Going on a road trip tomorrow so that will be the true test. I'll still be able to check in later in the day after we get to our destination. SO c/ya later
Old 07-15-2003, 02:20 AM   #8  
Empress/Queen

Yo! Welcome beledigirl!!!! I'd also like to know what kind of dancing you do!

Jelynn: Hope you have a great fastfoodless trip!!! Stay strong, 'cause it's a jungle out there, Pilgrim!

Since I'm working 90 minutes away this month, I guess every day is a road trip for me also and I'm happy to report that I passed with flying colors, buying only some single-serving Baked Lays to add to my stash of protein shakes and bars up there.

Calories for Day Two: 1570

On to Day Three!!!!

We're in steady state!!!! Wooo-hooo!!!!
Old 07-15-2003, 02:41 AM   #9  

I'm a day or two late on this, but I'd love to join.

My goals-
1. Work out for at least an hour every day without deciding that it's fun to just sit back and watch the workout vids instead of actually doing them- I do well with pilates but the yoga and bellydance ones always hit me with the "how do they do that!?" or "you want me to what?" roadblocks.

2. Dig out my WW point plan books and actually use them for 21 days too
Old 07-15-2003, 07:16 AM   #10  
Empress/Queen

Never too late, Mistao!!! On the 21-day challenge, everyone counts from their personal DAY ONE!!! (And, it's FUN~)!!! I like your DiFranco quote!!!

Ok!!! We're in steady state now, fellow SUPER CHALLENGERS!!!! Hoorah! Wowza!!!! Pop! Bang!!! Bam!!!!!

Up, up and away!!!!

THIS IS MY DAY THREE!!! Oops, shouting, sorry!!! Bye! Have a banana!!
Old 07-15-2003, 09:50 AM   #11  

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I do belly dancing!

Still going strong! Did my weight training early this morning and getting ready to practice dance.

Have a great day everyone!!!

BelediGirl
Old 07-15-2003, 11:42 PM   #12  

I'm doing it! I am so proud.. I plowed through 2 of my pilates and yoga DVDs, and had to stop myself from overdoing it before my muscles caught up with me. I forget how much of an endorphin junkie i can be I was also inspired to pull out a bellydance vid as well. I am feeling like a overcooked piece of asparagus right now, and can't wait till tomorrow!

(note: the WW books have gone MIA, but I sucessfully managed to not devour all of my sons Elmo fruit snacks.. small victories rock )
Old 07-16-2003, 02:17 AM   #13  
Empress/Queen

Yo!!!! Ending Day Three at 1755 calories!!!! On to DAY FOUR!!!! Very pleased with my calorie adherence during a stressful production day. Dinner with publisher so satisfying because she is a healthy eater and I didn't feel the usual pressure when dining with associates to order sweet, fatty and caloric stuff because they are. Had a simple grilled chicken breast and tomato slices. Really pleased with my choices today!

beledigirl and Mistao!!! The bellydancing sounds fun! You guys are doing great!!!!

We're moving on around that 21-day challenge block and we're gonna OWN it!!!
Old 07-16-2003, 09:56 AM   #14  
Empress/Queen

Yo from DAY FOUR!!! I'll go on a little more!!!

Old 07-16-2003, 10:55 AM   #15  

Hurray for us!!

Going on Day 3 of 21 days!!!!!!

Yesterday I did weight training, an hour of belly dance practice, and a pilates tape!!!!! Whew my abs are feeling it this morning!

This morning already finished my weight training!

Been OP with WW 100%

BelediGirl
Closed Thread