Old 11-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #1  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Christian Encouragers -- NOVEMBER ...

Welcome Friends
--------------------------

You've found a great place to come
and vent, share or ask for prayer support.
This is a great group who will be very
encouraging, caring and loving....
....anyone is welcome to join!

A Servant's Prayer --

Jesus, My Jesus....How marvelous are your ways....
Far more splendid than my mind can envision.
What an honor to be chosen by you.
A lowly child I am, but empowered by the Holy Spirit
to fulfill the great hope to which you have called me.
I give myself totally to you, Lord.
Take my imperfect heart and make it perfect.
Peel away the hardness.
Close the doors I have opened to the temptations of this world.
Gently remove the roots of painful memories, sins, doubts and fears.
Discard anything that separates me from you.
Lord, fill the emptiness with the light of your love
that I might be a beacon calling the lost back to you.

To love as you love.....
To serve as you serve.....
To forgive as you forgive.....
Always mindful of my nothingness while doing great
and marvelous things in your name and for your glory.
This I pray, Jesus, in YOUR name ...
Amen.

Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #2  
Rosebud

Default New month ... new thread ...

HI EVERYONE ~ I just noticed that no-one had started the November thread, so I think I will ...

We've had fantastic weather here this week; mostly every day. Even though the temps have been colder, the lovely sunshine more than makes up for it; and of course, the ground is still pretty dry too!

We had piles of birds at our feeders today; I think they can't believe the weather either. Probably why so many are still sticking around here. Our flock of Rock Doves seems to be growing each day; I think we will need more feed this winter. Some people don't like them becuz they are bigger and eat everything up -- meaning, less for the little birds. We caught two of them hanging onto our fir tree trying to empty the small bird's feeder, so DH shooed (sp) them off there before it & they collapsed ...

We got our shopping done for the week and the bills paid for now; there's always more. Tonight was Friday Fun Food night; we had hamburglers (chicken for me) for dinner -- I had a salad with mine also. My eating went really well for the month of October; very pleased about that.

Just did stuff around the house and lots of reading for the rest of this week. DH is trying out my rowing machine; but our NIKO has never seen it before and wonders what he is doing. He doesn't like machines of any kind. Later, DH will set it up in this room where it will be more handy and out of the way.

I hope everyone has a wonderful November and nice weather like us. Have a Fab Friday night too ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-04-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:05 PM   #3  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Some new pics here ~

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...s-pirates.html
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #4  
Rosebud

HI EVERYONE ~ well, we knew the day would have to come ... yes, we had some of that *white stuff* today; in the late afternoon, but it is melting as we speak. It has turned to a kind of drizzle out there, so it should be gone before morning. We have been so blessed this year. The temps were cooler today, but it was still so nice. The first big fluffy ones are always so pretty, aren't they?

GARY ~ nice pics of the family & your grand-daughter & the furry babies too ...

We've been doing stuff around the house to get ready for winter; storing stuff away, etc. I did light house chores, laundry & bills today while DH washed the kitchen ceiling. He had a wee accident: spilled his pail, so I just told him not to worry since the floor could use a mop over anyway ... No, he didn't laugh ... but I did!

When I did our bills today, I was pleased that we had the lowest hydro bill we've ever had yet; hope it stays that way as we go through the winter. We want to see if we can improve things in any way. I did some caulking this week and DH has been & will be stuffing any holes or cracks to keep the warmth in and the cold out.

We had hamburger steak & onions with a veggie medly, and a salad for me tonight for dinner -- it was so yum and very filling too. I made a really nice chili on Monday; next time, I will make more so I can freeze some; and we had Country Chicken Stew on Sunday -- all of these dishes are one-pot meals and that saves hydro too.

Hope everyone out there are having a great week, and nice weather too. Take good care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-09-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:06 AM   #5  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

HI GALS

I finally get some time to check in and POST here

I will be going to church in a few hours for a day of learning how to witness to our family, friends, co-workers about our faith. We are having it in our community life center so we have invited 5 other churches to attend. A lot of rain here today but I imagine we will have close to 75-100 people.

I actually had the opportunity to witness a little last night to a lady, although she was already a Christian We were at church waiting to take pictures for the new directory. She had come from another church for make-up pics. We were chatting and she asked why I go to my church....when I was done telling her she just said "Wow, how nice...most people I ask just say for the companionship and looking for things to do with other Christians".

Which is wonderful by the way

I have been back at work steady for a few weeks so have been real busy. Angie and I did take my sister/bil and brother/sil out to breakfast yesterday at our family favorite mom/pop cafe since we were all off for Veteran's Day. That was nice.

Angie did pretty well selling her handmade purses last week at our church bazaar so she is opting out of our evangelism work-shop and going to another church's bazaar she was invited to. My niece is going with her to to sell some of her goodies. Of course when I tease her about it she reminds me that she is teaching yoga there every week and doing devotions with her classes and inviting people into their hand-bell choir

On the weight issues, which I don't bring up much here, I am doing much better. I have kept off 7 pounds since I started drinking responsibly (for the most part ) the last 2+ months. I was down to 190 a few days ago but back up to 192 today. Amazing how just 5-6 pounds can make a difference in my beer belly

Well I guess I better get a few chores done around here

Be good
Old 11-12-2011, 02:11 PM   #6  
Rosebud

BOY, we sure have had a lot of posts in here this month, eh, eh, eh? Ya, but we did get started kinda late this month. We have been pretty busy this month too (well, for retired people, I mean ... ); Ya, I know, slap me ....

We have been trying to get a lot of things done before winter settles in for good; and we did make it too. This week, I finally got my little "retreat room" sorted out and organized the way I really wanted it to be. You had to have seen what it looked like when we started; the room was full of boxes wall-to-wall & almost to the ceiling, with my L-shaped computer desk in the left corner. My friends will be very surprised when they see it now -- so nice and roomy. Now we only have to finish putting up some pictures in the livingroom and other places; the extras are going to ... you guessed it -- goodwill (but they told me that they are very grateful for that)!

We have to get an electrician to look at our hydro box; as our outside plug-ins won't work; the fuse won't come out of the box. We will be putting our lights on the inside (around the windows) this year, as we are getting him to come in the spring. I did that at my old house and they looked nice from the inside & out.

GARY ~ I thought Angie's purses and the other crafts were very pretty; I don't blame her for wanting to go to another bazaar, as they only hold them at this time of year. You could probably share the ideas you learn at the evangelism seminar with Angie later on. Glad to hear you are back to work ...

We had a bit more ***** yesterday, but it was very light and keeps melting fairly quickly. Today, we gave our birdies a home-made mix of goodies from the kitchen as a treat, which they loved: cubes of bread, cheerios cereal, and sunflower seed mix. We had a great time laughing our guts out, as they kinda went crazy over it ... chasing each other around at break-neck speed and beating up on each other -- it was hilarious. Next time, I will try to film it, if I can.

Oh, I just looked outside and it's snowing again -- big, fat fluffy flakes too; very pretty indeed. It's a winter, winter wonderland out there. Hope you all have a great weekend; keep warm ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-12-2011 at 08:31 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:21 AM   #7  
Kitchen Floor

My response from last night vanished. I suppose my internet timed out... Hello.
linoleum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:23 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 230/228/145

Height: 5'6

Hi Rosebud,Gary,I wish we had some of your snow Rosebud in Texas Rosebud our rivers are even running dry. Sold all our cows but 4 and 1 calf but gonna have to do that ,may have to sale the goats and sheep before it is all over with. If it could rain enough to fill the rivers, I know that would help everyone in economy ways around here. Guess I best go tend to the animals.
Bootsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:54 PM   #9  
Rosebud

LINOLEUM ~ glad you found us over here; that's a different name ... isn't that some kind of kitchen flooring? Must be a story there ... That mysterious disappearing act has happened to many of us here; so just keep coming back and post again. I sometimes used to type or copy a post into a file on my PC and then I had a back-up just in case, esp when I was using my older PC's a while back. I still save pertinent sites, references, information, and posts that I particularly like.

HEY BOOTSIE ~ so nice to hear from you again -- I thought of you often. Sorry to hear about your brother's passing, but he suffers no more. Continued prayers on the way for you, and for some precip down there in Bourke County, Texas. BTW, all that snow has melted and it's yellow/green out there again, but they are expecting more rain/sleet/snow over the next few days -- we'll pray that some of it meanders down your way ...

About the weight -- hang in there girl; in time, you can & will get back on track ... one-day-at-a-time and one-step-at-a-time! Sometimes life just feels like one big roller-coaster ride ...

I didn't realize myself that I hadn't posted in here since last Saturday. DH and I are still sorting; well, I sort and he totes. BUT, we are making great headway here. DH found three more boxes down stairs and brought them up for me yesterday; so I cleaned them out and asked him not to bring any more up until I get my pictures up. I am pretty sure that I must be near done -- now it's his turn to sort through all his stuff. His sista was here today and said that he'll be at it a while ...

Have a great week everyone ... ya'll come on back now, ya hear ....

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-15-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #10  

Thanks Rosebud, today has been one of those days hope the bills stop soon, really getting to me. Then a friend comes in and gets upset thinking I am mad at her because I won't jump like others jump when she tells them to do something, she ought to be used to that. I just don't need any more pressure right now on my shoulders. The only relief I get is up at curves in working out and I know they think I am working to hard but I am getting rid of stress with each push I give my body. I feel so much calmer when I leave.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #11  
Rosebud

BOOTSIE ~ good idea to keep up the Curves; it's true that exercise is a great stress reliever. Hopefully your friend will understand in time. Prayers continue for you and yours ...

I did my weekly Wednesday chores today -- yes, I even do certain things on certain days. I like to be organized. That makes things go much faster that way; and it helps me to spread the work over the week too. DH just came up and told me that I don't have any more stuff in the basement; so I am finished with that sorting after all.

So, now I can move on to the pictures and arranging the Christmas lights and decos for next month. I have some stuff (brass & glass) to put up on my Piano to do yet as well.

We had a bit of ***** fall today, on & off; and in the morning, we even had a wee bit of hail (glad that didn't last). Have a good day tomorrow, eh ... Rosebud
Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #12  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Hi BOOTSIE prayers for rain and the economy for you and yours! So good to see you....hug!

Happy unpacking and decorating ROSEBUD!

gotta go...

be good
Old 11-17-2011, 01:33 PM   #13  

So much to do and little time to do it. Did not even go to bed last night stayed up scrubbing for Thanksgiving and all the extra stuff finding room for it. Not gripping just wish I had more energy or faster , something , maybe wishing I was twins.
Old 11-18-2011, 10:35 AM   #14  

Default New to this sight

Hi, I am new to this site and am still working getting to see how it works. I am looking for support and encouragement and hope that I can give it as well. I struggle with emotional eating, many issues in my life, trying to let God heal and have control of the depression and hurt.
lonelyheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:05 PM   #15  

Lonely Heart your at the right place, I struggle with emotional eating, issues, learning to give my depression and hurt to Jesus. I have a history of large amounts of weight gain every-time I loose someone I love, going through that right now.