Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #1  

Default Advocare

One of my co-workers has recently been "pushing" (yes, hard-selling) this product. I'm not considering it at this time, because I'm on a plan that's working for me (low carb & exercise).

Yesterday she and another woman, who's also selling in her downline, were telling everyone how great they feel--it's not the weight loss--it's the energy. In fact, I can hear the co-worker speaking to someone about it right now.

Is this product really that great?

They kind of upset me yesterday, because they kept throwing in my face that people who lose weight on low carb tend to gain it back. But I don't see this as a diet, I see it as a lifestyle change. They said that "their" diet, which consists mainly of liquid and no exercise tones your body and you don't gain the weight back.

Sorry this post is so convoluted, but I'm still a little peeved over that encounter yesterday.....
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Isn't this just another Pyramid Scheme designed to part you from your money?
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:16 PM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yup, MLM and they want you to be a distributor. Buyer beware. If it was any good, why would they need to advertise?
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM   #4  

I once got talked into an Advocare cleanse option. I lasted about 3 days - I didn't like how it made me feel and I felt stupid for falling for it. And yes - the people selling it always go on and on about the energy. Whatever.

I think some of their products have caffeine so that would give you some kick. I wasn't willing to try most of the products due to the artificial sweeter use (everyone is different on that).

Waste of money for me and I put the rest of the product in the garbage. We won't even go into what it taste like.

This wasn't a weight-loss specific product so I can't comment on those. I think weight-loss was a potential side effects "bonus" of the cleanse (go figure). There are better ways to increase fiber as far as I am concerned.

Ah, the beauty of message boards. I felt so stupid for falling for the product I don't like to admit it to anyone.
HikingChloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:33 PM   #5  

They said that "their" diet, which consists mainly of liquid and no exercise tones your body and you don't gain the weight back

I figured as much, since they've been pushing it so hard. When I told them I was happy w/my plan was when they started discussing the ENERGY aspect of it.

Thanks for the responses--specially you, my fellow CAPPY!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:40 AM   #6  
Empress/Queen

They shouldn't be pushing this on you at work, either. It is kind of like harassment by coworkers.

It is kind of like a place I once worked where someone kept trying to convert people to their religion. The company told this person they had to stop doing that or they'd be fired. It did stop. People have a right to work without being subjected to aggressive marketing or other kinds of campaigns.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote