South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default SBDDaily for Tuesday, November 15

Hey guys! Guess I'm the first. Getting ready for a very productive day. I have some things to finish up this morning at work that are urgent, then I can begin to wrap up last minute details before leaving for vacation. Received word that my boss will be out on Friday, which is amazing, because usually the day before I leave for vacation she comes up with all these last minute emergencies. Did I ever tell you about the mailing of 500 bottles of salsa that HAD to be orchestrated 2 days before I left for Florida last year? She is insane. She also flipped out yesterday about something else, but because I had to leave to pick up my son she vented on a secretary in the Dean's office who (from what I can glean) turned around and really told her where she could go. Sorry I missed that one.

Anyway...she's better than she used to be, but still has her moments. I really cannot let her provoke me, that is my challenge and struggle. Deep breaths.

Hope everyone has a great day today. For me: work, then tonight I have my centering prayer group at church. So I'm hoping for a peaceful and productive day for myself.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 11-15-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Matilda. Glad to hear your boss will be out on Friday. lol at 500 bottles of emergency salsa.

I've been up mucking out the office. I haven't had much time for paperwork lately. DH is up so I need to get moving. He's not an internet person and it's a bit rude when I'm typing away in the morning. I work today at 7 then plan to continue reorganizing my life now that sis has returned home. Food is OP and I'm grateful for another day under my belt where I was able to make those better choices.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. Of course the dogs and I are up and at it extra early on the morning I go for fasting bloodwork. I'd kill for a coffee right now. I'm wrapped warmly in two robes and am sipping lots of water to be ready for Nurse Dracula. I have "those" veins and I swear they draw straws for who gets stuck doing the draw.

I will be meeting Donna after the event for my usual post-drama breakfast and might even have some bacon. Then we counteract that by picking up veggies at The Good Food Box. I don't need to pack today since they got a substitute volunteer.

This afternoon Jazz and I do pet visits at the nursing home. There are two new dementia residents who speak only French. My French is pretty rusty but it's great to see the smiles when they recognize their language. Jazz speaks only Russian, of course, so I really should take along Disney the Katrina rescue who speaks Creole.

Have a great Twos-day.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:06 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Matilda ~ thank goodness you should have an easy day for your last day at work! She sounds like a real nutcase.

Debbie ~ your Kirk sounds a lot like Jake! He doesn't even know how to turn on a computer and isn't the least bit interested in learning, either. I constantly get 'The Look' from him when I'm surfing away, but I've just learned to ignore him. He doesn't remember that I never say anything to him about his addiction to playing poker and other games on his Kindle. Each to his own.

I had to go pick up Audrey from school yesterday, and it turns out she has a mild concussion from falling off her horse on Saturday, poor thing. I have a hair appointment first thing this morning, so Grandmama is staying with her until I get there. She should be able to go back to school tomorrow, but has to take it easy all week. That means no gymnastics today, and I should be able to have an early night!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:08 AM   #5  

Ut oh, Ruthie! Maybe I should hide my coffee so I don't tempt you! Good luck with the bloodwork, and enjoy a nice breakfast afterwards!
Old 11-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #6  

S/C/G: maintaining

Yesterday was hectic. We ended up coordinating neighbors to take in out-of-town friends/family here for the funeral. We have someone staying ourselves who showed up last night at the visitation with no idea where they'd sleep. I've never seen anything like that visitation! We waited in line well over an hour to speak to the family. Today is the funeral. With a lunch after at the church that I hope to talk my husband out of since I suspect it will be mobbed and certainly not OP.

And this morning we have a furniture delivery coming - several pieces from my mom's lake house that sold. Tomorrow we drive down for the last clean up.

Off to plan what to feed our unexpected guests.

Have a great day, everyone.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #7  

Karen ~ I hope the family is finding comfort in that remarkable outpouring of love and support.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:23 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I'm running late this morning. At midnight, I changed my mind about the stinkin' flannel sheets. It was way too hot! I finally fell asleep around 2 a.m. It will be a long day.

Off to doctor hub's finger. He tried to cut it off yesterday. Of course, 'tough man' didn't go to the doctor for stitches -- he wrapped it in a paper towel and duct tape. If that man has all of his digits in his coffin ATTACHED to his body, it will be a miracle!

Happy Tuesday!

Last edited by Chelby29; 11-15-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:03 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Great morning everyone - I keep hoping to get myself back in the swing of posting, but I seem to find that it is generally 10 pm once a week before I get one here! Still loving keeping track of everyone's doing, and saying little prayers for those who need them.

Had quite a bingy weekend with food, so here's hoping those three pounds are water weight from too much salt!!

Back to phase 1.5 til they are gone in any case.

Be well!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yippee! back from the doc and the nurse got 7 whole vials of blood first try! I could not believe it. Doc Jack is really pleased with my water disappearing act and I have the go ahead to drive to visit you-know-who in PA next week. Life is good.

I now resume normal broadcasting.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Made it here a bit earlier today. Have a conference call in 9 minutes though.

Ruth- glad you got the bloodwork done in one draw- I have difficult veins too.

Chelby- yikes duct tape? I hope the finger is alright

Karen- glad there is that big of an outpouring of love and support for the family.

Hello to everyone else. I am doing pretty well sticking to a Phase 2 eating plan. Tonight is back to Awana now that DD2 soccer is over.

Have a great day everyone
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #12  

Good afternoon,

Chelby, my goodness, is he nuts, duct tape? I look at my poor thumb and couldn't imagine a finger duct taped. You need to send that in as another use for Duct Tape! Hope he is alright.

Ruth, you are in good spirts, yeah! Hope the trip is fun.

Karen, you have such a good heart, make sure you take care of yourself too.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi all,

Another late night post. Bad day here today. Started out with a blood draw, peeing in a cup (great doctor though!), $500 car bill so it passed inspection and not being able to register the car (because of their incompetence), having to walk home in the rain before realizing the housekeys were in the car back at the garage and then getting stuck in traffic and not making it back to the MVA (the DMV) and not really eating all day So frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to travel tomorrow (again, grrrr. Without a car, wasn't prepared to pick up snacks so hope to get there a bit early and hit the hotel store before starting the long day). It's Italian for dinner so I am very worried about dinner.

The doctor was impressed with my weight loss and success on South Beach (shockingly, the doctor's scale was only 2 pounds off!) so that was the good lining to the day.

Cyndi - thinking about Julie!
Closed Thread