South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Weekend Chat - November 12 & 13

Good Saturday morning! we got a sprinkle of snow last night - just enough to astonish the doggage when I let them out for potty. I swear I heard Disney mutter "Dammit" when she went out on the deck.

Another day of taking it easy is ahead - I am soooo bored! I did go down for coffee yesterday and drove over to the bank only to find it closed because of Remembrance Day. I did get some fresh veggies though so it was not a useless trip. I spent most of the afternoon with the legs up and they are looking much better this morning. Now to treat the poor dry and stretched skin with cream.

Donna bailed yesterday (she went to the funeral) but is coming this morning. I am going to get my lunch organized now as she always manages to be working in the kitchen at lunch time. I hope to get finished with the pant shortening marathon today and maybe start a new quilt. I miss quilting and have several ideas and the fabric on hand.

Have a happy weekend with a nice mix of fun and niggles.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, Ruth!!! You don't know how happy I was to refresh the page and see that you had started the weekend chat thread...I was putting off starting it b/c I just didn't feel like it yet, LOL

I'm up bright and early to do a 5K w/ my mom. It's currently 29 degrees outside and we're going to be walking a nature trail in a wooded area. Brrrrrrrrr!!! Thankfully I've got 2 cups of coffee in me already. Jumped on the scale this morning and I'm down another 2 pounds...weight loss has been so slow for months, so I'm calling that a "whoosh" whether it counts as one or not, LOL I'm down 6 of the 13 pounds I had gained back, so yay for that.

Can't wait for the game today. UGA is playing Auburn, one of our big rivals, and this year it's looking like we might be able to beat them. I sure hope so!!! Of course I would love for us to win ALL of our games, but the conference games I hope we win every year are always Auburn, Tennessee, and Florida. Auburn is the only one left to beat this year. Next weekend on Saturday I'll be AT the game...so excited to be going again!!! Have I mentioned I love college football??? LOL

Anyway, ladies, I've got to go finish getting ready for my 5K. Pretty sure these sweatpants are not going to cut it paired w/ the tank top I'm wearing right now, so I've got to go find me a hoodie. Hope you ladies are having a nice peaceful Saturday so far. See you again later!!!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:39 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning We had some of that snow here last night too. It's gone now so just enough to make me a little tense driving home. It's a good reminder that it's mid-November. I keep forgetting!

Ruth - glad to hear the leg is getting better.

Making a list because I am falling behind on work stuff. Time to get focused.

ETA - enjoy your 5K Natasha! Wow, sounds like the temps around here

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-12-2011 at 06:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

Natasha, I can relate to being reluctant to start the Daily. Sometimes just a "Good morning. Back later." does it. Stay warm out there this morning.

Cyndi, no wonder you are falling behind on work stuff! I read that you have studded tires. They are illegal around here because of road damage but the province of Quebec has made it illegal to NOT have snow tires on your car from December to March! Ontario is considering that although we don't have as many hilly and isolated roads as La Belle Province.

Just had another coffee mixed with sf hot chocolate. Yummy!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #5  

Gooding Everyone,

Ruth, good to see you are still taking it easy, making a quilt sounds like just what you may need to do.

Natasha your walk sound so good, that is what I need to do. Alittle brisk air may make it even more enjoyable,

Cyndi, you know making a list sounds good, I should try that, maybe I can get more things done.

It is 27 degrees here this am, the dogs do not like walking on snow that has frozen tracks in it, they only like the smooth top. Yike! We had a metal roof put on our house this fall, well we have found out that snow does not stay on a metal roof for long, it will slide down in sections. So, yesterday it took out our Direct TV Dish. We now have to put up some sort of dams to prevent the sliding, they hold the snow in place so it melts first. Too bad we didn't know about this before. Hmmm

Not to much planned for today, I tried eating cooked millet with fruit yesterday for lunch, but it sure doesn't sit well in my tummy later in the day. Still trying to mix up my menus alittle, I am getting bored with what I am eating, and I know where that could lead. Danager.

I have to wait til Tuesday to find out about what they removed from my thumb, but it is gone now, so I just want it to heal up, it is stiff and achy. And a hassel.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday. And Ruth, I am going to sew today, maybe I will try to post a few pics of what I do for relaxation.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

No snow here, praise the Lord! It's pretty darned cold, but we have a nice, clear sky.

Ruth, I can just imagine Disney and Jazz thinking, 'what????? Again already?' I'm happy that your legs are showing progress and that you are still following doctor's orders. I am very curious as to what caused the edema in the first place? Is there a problem with your fracture?

Natasha, good luck to you and your mother on your marathon! I'm not into sports at all, but my parents love watching football, and especially college football. It's really amusing to me to listen to them discussing the game with my brothers.

Cyndi, I'm glad you made it home safely on the snowy drive back, and I hope you don't have to deal with it again until after Julie is safely back home.

I have the morning free, but then the rest of the day is shot. Can you tell I'm not looking forward to going to this wedding at all? We don't see Jake's side of the family very often and I know I will enjoy catching up on all the news with them, but I'm mostly doing it out of obligation. The wedding is at noon, though, and the reception isn't until several hours later. So what are we supposed to do in the interim??? It wouldn't make sense to come home and then go back. Oh, well, duty calls.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Linda, yes, it's probably from major bruising from the dumb fracture. I absolutely hate weddings with that huge gap between the ceremony and the reception! Very inconsiderate.

Chickadeee, yikes for the snow slide! The house next door has a metal (and steep) roof and it's pretty scary when the snow decides to give in to gravity.

I'm having another coffee with some sf hot chocolate mix in it. Probably not SBD compliant but sure is good! I've got to stop procrastinating and get on with my day!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chickadee! I know exactly what you mean about snow on tin roofs. The family I work for has a tin roof over the conservatory, and it's sometimes frightening to see the snow slide off in huge sheets! Have you browsed through the recipe section here? There are lots of really good recipe ideas that could keep you from getting bored with your meals. I know sometimes I get in that SOSO slump, and have to change things up a little. Good luck, and I hope your thumb starts feeling better soon!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ruth - Disney doesn't like snow?!? What kind of doggage is she?! My pup loves catching snow balls most of all.

Natasha - congrats on the weight loss! It'll be an interesting college game here in State College, pa...with Penn State. What an emotionally charged week. Hope your team does well!

Cyndi - glad to see your week and driving so much is going well, despite the snow.

Chickadee - I want to see pics too! Glad it was only your dish and not one of you that got damaged!

Cottage - SHOPPING! What a great way to waste a few hours!!

I'm drinking (way too strong) coffee, and the rest of the herd is actually starting to wake. Hope they stay in bed a bit longer so I can get my quiet time.

I had a fantastic trail run yesterday, I love running in the 30-40's. Reesie pup finally found out that ugly orange vest I put on her is for a good reason!! Today I'm off to work, then who-knows-what. Oh, but tonight we're having stay-at-home date night to watch Harry Potter! We never made it to the movie theater to see it. Better late than never?!

Have a great day!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:45 AM   #10  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good Saturday Morning!!

I just have time for a quick hello...Hello! We have to be down in Riverdale (The Bronx) by 10:30 this morning. We are going to Manhattan College this morning for yet another soccer game. I was born in Manhattan and raised there and have fond memories of my dad bringing my sister and I to Van Courtland Park to ride the ponies on Saturday mornings. That was my mother's time to herself (To clean the house, poor thing!). There won't be pony rides today, but the memories are sweet!

Glad to hear your leg is still on the mend, Ruth.

Have a super Saturday ladies!!
Old 11-12-2011, 07:51 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

We traveled this morning and I have an hour before I have to be at work. I'm chuckling-kitty stayed home this trip and was wailing just a few minutes ago. Funny since she doesn't really enjoy the trips. Now she's in Bing's kennel refusing to let him in. Even though she's declawed (how we adopted her), she puts on an act which always has him backing off.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started. Glad you're doing better!

Karen, I'm so sorry to hear about the youth who died. I think it makes for a very tough moment for all the moms out there, too.

Natasha, good luck on your 5K!

Linda, have "fun" today!

Cyndi, safe travels! hope you get caught up on work a bit.

chickadeee, I might pull out my machine, too. I'd love to see pics!

Twynn, thinking of you today as Penn St. gets through a very difficult day.

Chris, enjoy your trip to the city. My dad lived in NYC growing up (born in Ohio) and the city has many very fond memories for me, too.

I thought I'd forgotten my VitaMix and it would have been 1 hr RT to retrieve it. Later on, I decided I must have packed it and the good news is I DID! Thank goodness, it's a mandatory part of my daily routine.

Well, I'd better go see what the kitty needs.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 11-12-2011 at 07:53 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday!

Natasha, Auston has to go to a birthday party at 2 today. Hubs isn't going because of the Auburn/GA game.

Ruth, Isn't Disney a Katrina dog? Of course she hates snow!

Cyndi, Be safe on the roads! Can't imagine driving in ice...

Linda, I've never been to a wedding with a gap of time between ceremony and reception. How inconvenient!

Chickadeee, Is your dish back up? No dish would be a tragedy at my house.

Twynn, I slept till 6:15 this morning. Woohoo!!!

I think hubby is nesting. He's emptied the dishwasher, cleaned off the top of his dresser, and emptied the fireplace -- all while listening to his stereo WAY too loud. He hasn't inspired me to get up yet...

I worked on the Christmas gift list this morning. I'm almost finished! Yay! I have to get something for my brother's wife. They've been in Okinawa for the past 3 years and I've only met her 3-4 times, so I don't know her well. Maybe pajamas? Everyone likes pajamas.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:07 AM   #13  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Chris, Going to the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade is on my Bucket List. I've never been to New York.

Debbie, I had a cat who could act like a fool around a dog It was pretty funny.

I better get up...
Old 11-12-2011, 08:27 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8"

Chelby, better than going to the actual parade is going the night before to watch the balloons being blown up. I've never done it, but heard it's a lot of fun. As a native NYer, we just don't do things like NY Eve in Times Square or the Parade...too many people! You wouldn't think it, but NYers don't really like crowds at all.

I woke up this morning, looked at my clock and was astonished to see it was 7:30! Which means not only did I sleep late but so did my son. He came in shortly after, but I got a really good night's sleep, for which I am so grateful. I love waking up well rested. Today, just errands and what not in the am, then in the afternoon I'm taking some 'girl time' and meeting a friend in lower Manhattan for a glass of wine (or three). I'm actually going to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge to meet her, which is about 1.5 miles, so there's my exercise for the day. I checked the menu of the place (O'Hara's, very famous first responder bar near the WTC site) we're going to, and there's absolutely nothing on plan there, but I've got to eat when I drink wine so I'll probably go for the fried zucchini and call it a definite cheat.

I'd been thinking that I need a new extra bottom sheet and some pillowcases, but yesterday when I was decluttering my linens I found a new bottom sheet and pack of 2 pillowcases still in their packaging, unopened. Anyone interested in a decluttering challenge to gear up for the new year??

Hope everyone has a great, fun, productive and rewarding day!
Old 11-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Hmmm - decluttering sounds like a good challenge. I've just done three very large drawers in my bathroom. I have tons of storage space but it's very disorganized. it's amazing what one finds in there! Anybody need a pair of girl doggie panties? Shades of Hershey and Lucy!
Closed Thread