South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Default SBD Daily Chat - 11/11/11

Had to make sure I got the daily thread w/ today's date, LOL I'm such a nerd.

I've got 4 1/2 more hours of work and then I'm off for the entire weekend. I've got my payroll and schedule done as well as all my other supervisorly duties, so I guess I get to play for the rest of the night.

What are your plans for this lovely Friday???

Last edited by Natasha1534; 11-11-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:22 AM   #2  

Oh, and while we're chatting...anybody got a good recipe for making sugar-free powdered sugar??? The recipe I found was 1 cup Splenda to 1 teaspoon cornstarch. I know cornstarch is a no-no, but do you think that small of an amount would be okay??? Or if somebody has another option, I'd love to hear it!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 06:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good Friday morning to you, Natasha! 11-11-11 sounds like a good number to play on the lottery. Too bad I don't play. I wonder if arrowroot would work in making powdered sugar?

Boy did I ever screw up for today! When Cindy asked if I could work today, we were both under the assumption that the girls had the day off school and went with that train of thought. Well, guess what? It's a good thing I found out differently yesterday, as Granddaddy and Pop-pop are both giving speeches and accepting awards at the Veteran's Day assembly at school and having a special lunch with the girls. It works out well for me, too, since Richard said he'd get them off on the school bus and I don't have to go in until it's time to pick them up this afternoon. I'll have another late night, though, since Richard has a business dinner tonight.

It was awful driving home last night in the pouring rain in the dark, and right now it's cold and the wind is blowing hard. That will take care of the rest of the leaves on the trees and strip them bare. Jake will have an easier time raking them up, though.

How is everyone else wrapping up the week?
Old 11-11-2011, 06:15 AM   #4  

I bet arrowroot WOULD work. I had thought about using powdered milk, too, instead...it's recommended if you're using the powdered sugar as a base in something like frosting.

Glad everything worked out for you. Our schools ARE out today, so I'm surprised that yours aren't. Hope you have a good day!!!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:03 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey Cottage,
Yes, my son's school is closed but it is a public school and I'm betting your girls don't attend public school! I think privates have the choice to close or not. Interestingly the banks are closed; I'm not sure if it's a Federal holiday or not. UPS is not closed; DH has to work (and is pissed). My school (an institute of higher learning) is also not closed but I took the day off because my son is off, and his after school program is not running a mini camp today. Our plan: errands in the am, and then he has a friend coming over at 1 and we're going to McDonalds for lunch (for them, I'll eat mine at home and just have coffee at McD's which won't be hard) and then to the NYC Transit Museum, which is in our neighborhood.

(Chelby, no I'm not pg, but I did have a dream that I was last night!!) I'm in a decluttering frenzy. DS has a cold and I just "decluttered" the kid medicine bin! Have a great day everyone...
Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

It's Remembrance Day rather than Veteran's Day here and the government offices are closed but the schools are not! That's always puzzled me although the rationale is probably that the kids would just consider it another holiday rather than a day of remembrance.

Having water-swollen legs has its advantages: I wasn't able to go to a funeral yesterday and will miss another one today. I'm sad about the deaths but can't imagine attending in slippers or crocs. "Vanity, vanity, thy name is woman." I'll visit the families next week.

Natasha, I wouldn't get my knickers in a knot over a measly tsp of cornstarch in a whole recipe - or did I read that wrong? Enjoy your weekend off.

Aw Linda - I worry about you driving those roads at night and cold and rainy makes it worse. I'm glad you don't need to go in to work this morning. When Jake gets your leaves done, please send him north. Mine are still not done. Joe, the "lad" for odd jobs, is somewhere out in the woods chasing Bambi.

Mathilda, enjoy your day with your son. it sounds like you have a plan. (Wondering what I can de-clutter today so I don't feel so useless.)

Donna is coming to clean this morning and will bring wee Lulu along for a playdate with my two. The three of them are just great together and I do not have to supervise as I feared the first time she brought along the pup. Lulu is all of three pounds now and tackles 13 pound Jazz without any hesitation.

Another "easy" day ahead. I did get some kitchen puttering done yesterday but spent most of the day with the legs up. The diuretic is certainly working - 199 on Monday and 183 today! My legs and feet are more recognizable.

Enjoy your day but take some time for remembrance.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday!

Natasha, 11/11/11 looks so strange! Hope your half-day goes quickly.

Cottage, How much fun for the girls to hear their family members give speeches.

Mathilda, I was joking with you about pg. I have those dreams occasionally, too. Always, somewhere in the background someone is yelling, "No uterus!"

It's 32.7 degrees right now. In Alabama! brrrrr!!! By Wednesday, we'll be back close to 80*. I'm overdosing my family in vitamin C.

Schools are out today and I have the day off. DH is self-employed, so he is home today, too. My guys are getting haircuts today so they won't be shaggy for our Louisiana trip.

If you are a veteran, Thank You for your service!
Old 11-11-2011, 07:20 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Natasha - I'm with ruth, I'm not sure that small amount overall would make a difference, but the idea of arrowroot is a great one!

Mathilda - Glad you're not preggers . I'm with you...it's pretty easy not to eat at McD's...except maaaaybe one french fry .

Ruth - Good grief, 16 lbs!?! WHen do you go back for a work up? I'm still a bit concerned why you did it initially, keep us posted.

It's my day to work 2-7, and I'm looking forward to my morning off! THe kids have been so good, we're grabbing breakfast (they request donuts) and I'll drop them off at school, then some cleaning, meet a friend for breakfast, then a run before work. I thought of going on my run now, but I'm hoping for just a few degree warm up. Well, and the hunters will probably be out a lot more at 8 am then noon. I bought the pup an orange vest, but not myself (on the schedule today!).

HOpe y'all have a good day. THANK YOU VETERANS!!

Chelby - Good morning! I slept TIL SIX AM!!!!

Last edited by TwynnB; 11-11-2011 at 07:21 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:22 AM   #9  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Ruth, I am so glad you are feeling better! I got to pet a tiny Pomeranian yesterday. He was totally black except a white muzzle and white rings around his eyes. He looked like a teddy bear!

Twynn, I slept till 5:30 again. Get yourself an orange vest -- with big bells!

Last edited by Chelby29; 11-11-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:25 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, thank God that diuretic is working! Are you feeling better, too?

Matilda, no-the girls attend a public school. They had Election Day off, but have school today. I don't understand the politics for that reasoning. It's not like they can vote!

Twynn and Chelby!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 11-11-2011 at 07:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Fall holidays seem to be state by state and even district by district. No Columbus Day holiday and I'm not sure about today. I don't think they are closed out I'll find out soon enough. It's one of those holidays I've never had off.

Another day much like yesterday. I'm off to deliver DW's lunch and visit for awhile then home, some work, and back with her dinner later. Hospital food is impossible, not great for most people but if you are vegetarian, diabetic and wheat free forget it. Now they've added super low fat so I'm really scrambling.

Happy Friday everyone!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:10 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Checking in on the fly. I slept in and now need to spring into action. Mom and Sis are coming over this morning and I have an appt with my sis at noon. Who knows what they have planned inbetween. I need to keep my act together remembering we have to leave here either tonight or very early tomorrow morning, Oh well.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM   #13  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Natasha - enjoy your weekend off, make the most of it!

I was hoping for a quiet, relaxing weekend as I'm so exhausted since going back to work ... I can't handle early mornings ... never been a morning person and now I have to get up even earlier as I live futher away from my work place However, the relaxing weekend is not going to happen ... hubby has invited a dozen of his staff around to our place for a BBQ tomorrow afternoon ... but hubby is working late this evening and I'm having to prepare all the food ready for tomorrow! Already looking forward to Sunday so that I can have a rest!

Cottage - I hate driving in the rain too ... I had to drive to work a couple of days ago and it was raining heavily, and really dark too ... it was like it was still night time! I think it's really scary, especially when there are some drivers who drive like lunatics in those conditions!

Everyone else - I hope you all have a good weekend ... I'm off to sort out tomorrow's feast ... of which I WON'T be eating much of!!
Old 11-11-2011, 09:06 AM   #14  

Good Morning all you Beachers.

Milwaukee WI, what a small world, I grew up in Milwaukee. We now live in Central WI.

I sure did miss alot while being gone. We lost power Wednesday at noon and if just came back on last night. Not feeling good and not having power do not go together.

Today, I took my bandage off my thumb, it looks awful (I emailed a pic to my boss, she wanted to see it!) So, now the air can get to it, I still can't bend it and it hurt to move it, but I guess it has to heal, lots of stitches. They don't know what the mass was that they removed, I want to know what it was, and will it come back. This truly turned into more than I expected. I am off pain pills, and I did stay on plan through all this, so I feel good about that. Today is a new day, and I am going to try and enjoy it.

Ruth, I am so glad you are feeling better and seeing results, just take it easy. I plan on trying some sewing today, if I feel up to it.

Natasha what are you making?

Twyne I put orange dickies on our dogs during hunting, you never know.

Will try to catch up more later.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all (or afternoon)!

finally went food shopping last night and I feel better Good to have some Yummy/healthy options in the house! I am off today but have work to do - I took DW to the metro and the gas light went off but I was not prepared for the weather! So cold and all I had on was flip flops, jogging pants and a short sleeve shirt.

I travel every week this month and I am tired just thinking about it. Time for more coffee (cleaning lady is here too and I need to move my body to accommodate her, lol - I know that "cleaning lady" sounds snobby but it's been a source of contention between DW and I when I was going to school and working full-time and we love her and so we couldn't just fire her. Plus, the cats LOVE her and she also is our cat sitter!).
Closed Thread