Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-10-2011, 10:13 AM   #1  
Sufferer of abibliophobia

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Sometimes I really hate being a girl.

I ovulated yesterday and my hormones are kicking my butt. I'm WAY more hungry than normal and I am CRAVING sugar. My kids still have loads of Halloween candy.

I hate feeling weak.

My knees are also killing me. I've started running again without proper shoes. My calves need a good deep tissue massage.

I also am retaining water like a b****. I gained 8lbs in a week. I've lost some since then. I've been drinking loads of water and taking a Diurex when I remember. I don't want to take to many and get dehydrated!

I sure hope this 'funk' doesn't last until my period starts or my scale is going to scream at me!
pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:58 AM   #2  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

Me too. I'm contemplating choclate right now. Woke up with mega cramps and bloating and got all emotional last night....the witch is gonna be here any day I can feel it I'm just gonna go have a piece, I swear the cravings and food is so hard to deal with around TOM!
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:08 PM   #3  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't know if it'll happen for you, but I noticed that with my weight loss, my TOM wasn't as bad anymore.

Still doesn't mean it's a walk in the park. I always feel bloated and gross.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #4  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

pockets, which diet plan are you following? I ask because I used to have the biggest sweet tooth of anyone I know. But, seriously, following a diet higher in protein really eliminated my desire for sweets within a few days.

Also, for PMS symptoms and achy knees, do some research on Krill Oil. Since I started my parents on it, both have had bad pain in their knees and hips and have found great relief within a couple weeks of adding this supplement.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:38 PM   #5  

I'm calorie counting. I've tried low carb before but I couldn't handle it for more than 2 or 3 weeks.

It looks like Krill Oil is also good for PMS and cramping. SWEET! Thank you!! I'll have to see if I can get some soon.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sontaikle View Post

I don't know if it'll happen for you, but I noticed that with my weight loss, my TOM wasn't as bad anymore.

Still doesn't mean it's a walk in the park. I always feel bloated and gross.
I stopped having a normal period with the weight gain. This is my second ovulation this year, the first having been in October. So far the cramping itself hasn't been bad, just the hormone fluctuations making me feel like crap and crave bad foods.

Last edited by pockets; 11-10-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:06 PM   #7  
Get to goal & stay there!

S/C/G: 235/154.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pockets View Post
I'm calorie counting. I've tried low carb before but I couldn't handle it for more than 2 or 3 weeks.

It looks like Krill Oil is also good for PMS and cramping. SWEET! Thank you!! I'll have to see if I can get some soon.
Just a heads up on the Krill oil if you do intend to get it, it can be expensive and not all Krill oil is created equal. Lots of ones sold in stores and online are not pure NKO Krill oil. I've done my reseach on this stuff and found a pure one on Amazon for a reasonable price; plus, if you sign up for the monthly/bi-monthly shipping with them, they'll take an extra $5 off. And the shipping it free! Here is the one I use and got for my parents: http://www.amazon.com/Foods-Neptune-...0962560&sr=8-2

Last edited by sandcar150; 11-10-2011 at 05:07 PM.
sandcar150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #8  
Super Squish

S/C/G: 290/254/170

Height: 5'

Since losing weight my AF's have become more regular. I love it because it means my health is finally going in the right direction and my hormones are evening themselves out. I hate it because I hate AF. lol
Princess Squish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:24 PM   #9  

I'm feeling a lot better today. I really kinda cheated yesterday though! Three slices of pizza and about 10oz of Bourbon (between 5 drinks) with Diet Pepsi. Put me over calorie wise. Surprisingly I'm not hung over today, and had a really good workout! Apparently my body needed some extra calories, probably could have done without the Bourbon though . . .