South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 04:45 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default SBD Daily Chat, Thursday Nov. 10

Good Morning

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood! We just went out with our pup and the full moon is so bright! It's a perfect time for travelling. We're headed over the Continental Divide in less than an hour and by 9 we'll be bouncing around in the hot springs of Glenwood with all our water aerobics friends.

I'm sticking so close to plan and feel just great. I'm so grateful for this lifestyle change which has made such a difference in my life.

Coffee is on! Teapot, too! What's happening in your neck of the woods? Stop by and chat

Have a great and beachy day everyone!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:39 AM   #2  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning Debbie! Those hot springs certainly sound good to me! The weather is just starting to get cooler here, and I must say it's a bit of a shock to the system, when only last week we had temperatures around 30`c!! I was on a school trip yesterday with my class of 6/7 year olds ... outdoor all day at a wild buffalo sanctuary and onto the beach for picnic lunch, then afterwards fishing in the fresh water stream and crabbing in the saltwater marshes!!! Then it decided to rain ... the mud was everywhere!! We were wet, cold, muddy and tired ... But the kids thought it was great!! I've been exhausted since!!

I've been having a good week so far on my first week of phase 2 ... sticking to the plan and feeling very good about it! Son has already lost a few pounds since Monday and is totally impressed with the plan ... and DD informed me today that she started SBD yesterday too ... to help get rid of her 'university tummy' before she comes back to Hong Kong for Xmas, and has to wear a new dress that I bought her for New Year's Eve, which just happens to be very fitted and slinky! She's going to look great in it! ... I wished it was me ... but all good things come to those who wait, as they say

Must go to prepare dinner now, before hubby gets home ... I've spent way too much time on the computer this afternoon!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2011, 05:41 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I tried to convince myself that I was going to fall back asleep but finally gave up. Lots to do so I might as well get started. Same plan as yesterday - hospital visit as long as needed and working while there. I ended up staying 9 hours straight through again yesterday. I kind of hope I can get away in the middle of the day today.

Debbie - safe travels. Enjoy the springs

Ruth - how's the leg? What kind of soup did you end up with? I'm in the mood for a pot and need ideas.

ETA - Hello Nichola

Last edited by CyndiM; 11-10-2011 at 05:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2011, 05:48 AM   #4  

Cyndi - funny how we all start thinking about soup when the weather gets cooler ... I bought a huge bag of broccoli today to make my favourite broccoli & cheese (rf of course!) soup ... Yum! I'll be having it for lunch tomorrow ...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:09 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

Hey guys,
Debbie, I'm jealous of those hot springs too. I've always wanted to go to Saratoga NY to "take the waters." Maybe next summer. Cyndi - I'm glad that DW is doing so great! This is excellent news. Maybe life can settle down a little for you now. FIHK, I love soup too and broccoli cheese sounds mmmmmm.

Not much new here...down 1.8 lbs. since last week when I started weighing again. Not bad, especially since I am eating a lot of carbs. But yesterday I started feeling a little protein starved so I'm going to have to figure out a way to work some animal protein back into my diet each day, maybe just 3 oz. or so. Probably will be lean chicken or fish, but I'll have to see.

Getting so psyched for our vacation y'all....ordered a cooler so we can take breakfast food and snacks with us! Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning!

Debbie, aerobics in the hot springs sound especially lovely this morning!

Nichola, that school outing sounded like a lot of fun! That's wonderful that your entire family is following this plan and should make it so much easier to stay on track. Who knows? Maybe by New Year's you'll be changing your mind and keeping that slinky dress for yourself.

Cyndi, how is Julie coming along?

Matilda, The weekend's almost here. Are you leaving Saturday for your vacation?

It's funny that soup is on everyone's mind. I made a quickie Broccoli Cheese soup last night and am taking leftovers with me today for my lunch. I tried the vegetarian Hot & Sour soup recipe earlier in the week, but wasn't all that impressed with it. Maybe I was expecting it to taste like my favorite Chinese restaurant's soup, but it didn't quite hit the mark.
I have to head over to the farm shortly, and have two very long days ahead of me. But the girls have tomorrow off school, so we'll have to plan something fun for the day.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning from Puff The Magic Dragon! The legs are still swollen but are improving daily - I do love to see the numbers getting lower on the scale.

Debbie, water aerobics sounds so good. I wish the nearest pool wasn't 45 minutes away. It's nice of you to offer both coffee and tea to the morning/afternoon chatters.

Nichola, it sounds like you and your class certainly had a good field day! Aren't 6/7 year olds full of energy? It's great that your family are coming over to the smart side with SBD.

Cyndi, I ended up with some lentil soup from the freezer but am planning to join Nichola in the broccoli soup today. (Claire did a grocery run for me yesterday.) Thinking of you as you spend the day with Julie.

Mathilda, I get protein starved too and could almost eat raw steak. I have forgotten where you are going for vacation but know it's not Saratoga Springs.

It's dark and rainy right now. The black and white show are back in bed, of course. Garbage has to be lugged out so I'll throw on the raincoat and cram my swollen feet into rubber boots and lug it out. Then I'll be back for another boring day of doing nothing that can't be done with my legs up. Jazz loves it because he can get a lot of lap time.

Happy Thursday.

ETA: at Cottage. Hope your busy days go quickly.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

I slept till 5:30! WooHoo!!!

Hong Kong, I have a 7 year old. He would have loved your trip. Sounds like fun!

Debbie, Someday I'm going to take water aerobics with you.

Cyndi, Maybe by next week, we'll all be adjusted to the time change.

Linda, Busy days always fly.

Mathilda, Is your whole family eating vegetarian?

Puff/Ruth, I'm glad your legs are getting better.

The organization I work for receives funding from the United Way. A team from the UW is visiting today, so that is always a big deal. We are going to perform our 'dog and pony show'. It's a bit stressful, but short lived. We have always gotten good reviews. I just keep telling myself, "Tomorrow is a holiday...."

I am officially down 15 pounds. YAY ME!!! I bought a pair of skinny jeans to celebrate. Hopefully I don't look like an upside-down funnel.
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #9  

Matilda - congrats on the 1.8lbs down!

Cottage -
Quote:
Who knows? Maybe by New Year's you'll be changing your mind and keeping that slinky dress for yourself.
Not unless miracles really do happen! I haven't been DD's size for about 3 decades, so I don't think it's going to happen any time soon! I can live in hope

Ruth - glad to hear your legs are improving!

Chelby - The trip certainly was fun! Except for when one child got stung by a hornet and cried for 3 hours solid ... until he caught a crab and then he forgot about it! Good for you getting skinny jeans ... I'm jealous!! ... One day ....
Old 11-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!!

Debbie - I'm envious of the beauty that surrounds you out there. I love Colorado. DH and I agreed we'd by a house there if we win the lottery

Nichola - I have to admit I never can convert to Celsius or metrics. I remember learning that in junior high and being told we'd have to use it in the future. Nope. Glad PH2 is going well.

Cyndi - I'm doing Cabbage Beef Soup today. But my new favorite is Lentil with Lemon.

Matilda - Good for you! When do you leave?

Linda - I was so confused by people having election day off, since no elections happened here. But Friday I get

Ruth - Have you been reading anything good while sitting?

Chelby - Yay you!!!

I finally tried making cauliflower pizza last night. I learned NOT to make it on a air-filled cookie sheet. I'll try again on a different pan. It has potential but is much less like real pizza than the one's I've made on ww flatbread.

I also tried broccolini for the first time. Anyone have cooking suggestions? I looked online and saw nothing about just steaming it in the microwave like I do with broccoli. I wonder if it tastes too bitter for that? I steamed then sauteed with garlic and some lemon juice. That's a lot of work for a side with my lunch

I did get to the grocery store yesterday but today need to hit a different store to get the rest of the stuff on my list. Hate when one store doesn't have it all. Also need to go to the "watchmaker" to have the battery changed on a waterproof watch with a weirdly attached strap. I only use it when I travel and it is quite old.

Off to get some tea. I've been slowly trying to adapt to it without artificial sweeteners again. Ugh.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning from the other side of the mountain. The drive was spectacular as the moon was in front of us all the way. It was 1 degree atop Vail Pass but it's about 25 degrees here.

Nichola, I'm about to fit into jeans I wore 25 years ago but doubt if I'd try a slinky dress. Glad to hear your family is loving SBD-it will sure make it easier for you.

Chelby, come join me any time! The thought of an upside down funnel just cracked me up. Congrats on those 15 pounds!

Karen, I haven't tried broccolini yet. Hmm....

Cyndi, long hours but I know you enjoy spending time with Julie. I hope you take that little break today. I'm wondering if you've had any other visitors.

Linda, how 'bout Survivor? Take care with your long days ahead.

Ruth, glad to hear your legs are doing better.

Matilda, yay for 1.8 down since you started weighing again and double yay for an upcoming vacation!

I'm off to make my smoothie...have VitaMix will travel!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:23 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Auston funny: Wouldn't it be great if we could speak ALL the languages? I could go to Mexico and New Mexico and Francisco and even NEW YORK!
Old 11-10-2011, 09:25 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh my! I can relate to Auston's NY comment. Thanks for the giggle - again!
Old 11-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning all,

Just back from Florida last night. Trying to get back into the swing of things here at work but tomorrow I have off too! Hoping DW figures out the finances today (she's working from home) so I can go food shopping with a budget in mind!

I had a nervous/diet breakdown in the restaurant yesterday. No, I didn't go off plan, but I cried. I was so sick of being "good" - so sick of eating the same grilled chicken or veggie burgers or salads. When, across from me and all around me, people were indulging and imbibing and the like. I got into a "it's not fair" mindset but after I let it out, I felt a bit better. I still don't "feel" like I've lose 26 pounds nor do I feel I look it either so yeah - even though I fit into the rides, I had a hissy fit.

Cyndi - hope Julie will have a good day today!
Karen - I make broccilini like I do broccoli: roasted on a cookie sheet at 425 with olive oil and garlic, take out and sprinkle with parm and lemon!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
The organization I work for receives funding from the United Way.
Small world! I used to work for UW (the national office)! Good luck!
Closed Thread