Pregnant - Nursing Diet support for the pregnant or nursing chick!

Old 11-07-2011, 06:17 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5`7

Default lonely after baby

hi everyone! this doesnt reallly have to do with weight loss so sorry for that, but i just had my first baby girl, almost a month ago, and i am so in love with her, but I have never felt so lonely in my life. I think its the not working and being cooped up in the house all day. Do other new moms feel like this and any suggestions of what to do to keep me occupied while my little one sleeps all day?
Xorzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #2  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 293/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Oh yes, I have definitely felt that. It helps to get involved with other moms, people that understand. Invite someone over for lunch, go out for coffee in the evening, connect with other people any way you can. After I had my first one I talked on the phone with my mom A LOT. Even going to the grocery store can be a welcome break from the cabin fever. Eventually baby will be on a little better schedule and you can go out more. Hang in there, you're in that super tough post-partum time. Depression and loneliness can hit pretty hard right now. Talk to people, be social, do whatever you need to. We're always here!
Gale02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Enjoy your baby while you can, they grow so much faster than you think right now. Are you planning to go back to work ? If you are going back to work you may find you wish you were home with her. I didn't want someone else to see the first smile or find the first tooth or see her take her first step, These are priceless moments, enjoy your time with her as long as you can.
Do you bake? Do you sew ? any other hobbies ? These are a few ideas for things to do. I never found any time on my hands when I had a new baby, you must be better organized than I am .
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

It's so worth it to be home with your baby, while they are so little, if you can do it. I love being home with my little guy. That said, it can get lonely. Do you have a local Moms group you can go to? I used to go to one at the hospital I delivered. Hanging out with other Moms and their babies helped me a lot.

I'm actually in the same boat again. We moved to another state and I don't know many people yet. I'm trying to find another Moms group. Hang in there. It does get better.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 07:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5`7

Thanks for all of the replies and support. I do love being home with her and I am lucky enough that i don't have to return to work if i don't want to so for the time being I'm not planning on it. I might get a part time job a couple nights a week in the future but not for atleast a couple months. I'm only 23 so most of my life before her was spent being irresponsable with people that aren't so interested in hanging out with a baby all the time lol so i guess ill have to find some suitable hobbies. =D
Xorzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

As zenor said, try and find a Moms group or a neighbor with a baby or toddler. Stay home with that baby as long as you can , you won't regret it. I do know it can get boring and you do need a break, been there, done that.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I have been there too. I was also the 1st of my friends to have a child (still am...) so it's hard to connect. After all, it's like a completely different life. Making friends with other mothers can make a difference - just getting out of the house too. Baby groups, mom and baby fitness classes, etc. I always wore my baby in a tight sling at that age, made my mobility easier.

Good luck!
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 11:37 AM   #8  
I choose me...

S/C/G: HW 265/SW 240/CW ticker/GW 150

Height: 5 Ft 3

When I had my first I joined the mommy's goup and it was amazing! I'm still friend's with some, and we had our 2nd children close together too. It really gave me something to look forward to during the week. Call your local public health and see what free programs they run. In Canada we have the Early Years Centres
InsideMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:50 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

I had my baby 3 weeks ago and I'm feeling the same way. Mine doesn't sleep all day though, in fact she rarely naps at all... she just fusses and screams. At least she does sleep well at night but it's just so tiring and I can't even take her anywhere because she just fusses the whole time.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:34 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 249.2/on hold/166

Height: 5'5"

Babywearing!!!! Seriously wearing my DS in his wrap was a life saver for me. I would go out with him everyday, even if it was just to Starbucks a block away. I even went out in a blizzard, I just wrapped him all snuggly in my wrap and put on my big down coat over the two of us and we were snuggly and warm. He would just sleep and I was free to move around. I used to go to Movies for Mommies a few times a month and I found a babywearing group on Meetup that would meet every other week and I also would attend other mommy and baby groups and meet ups. I also would never miss my monthly Le Leche meeting too. Actually I met one of my best friends through Le leche meetings and the babywearing group and now our kids are best friends.
butterflymama is offline   Reply With Quote