Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-11-2003, 11:20 PM   #1  

Default Christian Encouragers#171

Welcome to a wonderful group of Christians who are here for each other. We are here to encourage each other though the good and Bad of everyday life. Everyone is welcome!
sami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:39 PM   #2  
Walking by faith

Angry Praise the Lord!

Hi Sami!

I'm glad you're here. I'm a newbie to 3FC, and it's nice to know that there are other Christians here. I could use some prayers tonite. We've just gone through a 2 week period of problem after problem with our one and only vehicle. We finally got it back today, and I'm praying that this is IT for the car probs! Please keep me in prayer also-I'm partially paralyzed due to a ruptured disc in my back, and I'm having nasty nerve spasms in my right leg . I've got some medication, but it takes a while for it to kick in.

Praise God, he's GOOD ALL the time!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 11:55 PM   #3  

Hello sorry I have been missing but we have had bad storms here in Indy with lots of Lighting so I didn't want to take a chance and have computer on. We have a lot of people who have had to leave thier homes do to flooding.

Ez-I am looking forward to grandkids someday. My DD is talking about having kids in a couple of years. You bet I will spoil them (just like my kids) HOw is your nephew doing?

Sue-I love to read your post you are a really neat and caring person. I will keep your pastor in my prayers. I know prayers make a diffrence the man at my Church who has cancer of the heart was given less than 6 weeks and that was before thanksgiving and he is still with us. Have fun on your camping trip.

Wilma-I am glad your day went better. Like someone said a little bit of kindness goes a long way. I try really hard to live by that rule. I work in HR and I deal with peoples problems all day long. And I try to always treat thier problems the way I would want to be treated. I pray that you have a wonderful weekend!

Michele-Love is in the air here at my house. My DD is now dating my sons friend and my Son is dating my DD friend and the funny thing is DD and DS dates have been friends for 10 yrs and went to prom together as friends and then she met my DD boyfriend at the time and started dating him and she fould out by reading something on line that he was dating both of them and they started talking and became friends and dumped the loser guy. Then while she was over at our house her friend came over (she lives an hour away) to visit her and my DS and they went out together and now they are all happy. God works in mysterious ways. You will meet Mr. Right when least expect.

Carrie-A big welcome! I am looking forward to getting to know you. Post often!

Angel-Lover-I can honestly tell you this group has really been here for me. I also have a lot of health problems. I have always been the one people have gone to so I know just how you feel. And I have gotten on here and shared my pain and I have been so blessed with this wonderful group they have prayed for me and cared about me. I know that God has brought us together for this reason. We are here for you. I know it is hard to stay OP when you feel so bad day after day. But that is what we are here for to pick you up when you can't pick your self up. So feel free to vent to us! [[[[BIG HUG]]]]

Gutchie-How are you doing?
Zoe-Are you unpacked yet?
and all other MIA'S I hope to hear from you soon.
Old 07-12-2003, 10:57 AM   #4  

Gods Blessing this Sat Morning I have a Lot to do because we are finally having my sons grad party the Plus to waiting so long is I got all the Grad stuff at a big Discount!

Michele-I am Praying for your Family. Your Dad need to see a Dr. right away. When I noticed that I was acting like that I found out I had Very high Blood Pressure. And as Angel Lover case it could be something more serious. Tell your Mom she will feel so much better after her surgery. I felt like I just had a baby! They give two months because it is major surgery and you tire easy. I was in so much pain when I had mine that I felt so much better the day after my surgery it was such a relief. And something you need to tell your Mom so she can budget out her severance pay is that it will be fed taxed at a severance rate of 27% I get calls all the time at work when people quit and they get thier Vac pay and it has been taxed to death and they are upset. I hope this helps. Keep us posted we are here for you.

Homebound-A big WELCOME! And a lot of Prayers are comming your way! I always say when it rains it pours! We are looking forward to getting to know you so post often.

Ez-You should send me some hints of anything that you really liked at all these weddings that you are going to. I am looking for some of the favors that won't cost a lot because we have to make over 200.

Wilma-I hope today finds you relaxing and de-stressing!

Angel-lover-How are feeling today? I just love reading your post and your attachments make me smile.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:51 AM   #5  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

It's 10:30 a.m. and I'm just having my first coffee of the day while talking to all of you. I can't believe I slept that long but it sure felt good. Today's plans are to get some cleaning done and some baking done.

Sami: Good to hear from you again. I know what you mean about the storms. So many people have lost their computers because of them. You're smart to turn yours off. Have a great time planning your son's grad party. What does he plan to do in fall?

homebound: Glad to have you here! We hope you'll feel a part of us soon. Tell us more about yourself.

Angel-lover: I hope your day is going well. Your graphics really lift me up!

Michelle: I will lift your whole family up in prayer. This is a really tough time for you. Keep looking up!

Gary: How was the wedding? It sounds really unique. My DS's friend is getting married today in a park - very casual - pot luck reception - bring your own lawn chairs.

You asked about my boys. They're both into working and spending their money. It's nice to have them at home even though there's always stuff lying around here. They're more active at church than we are right now and that's a good feeling for us.

Sue: Tell me when you're coming and those chops will be on!

Carrie: A big welcome to you. This is a great group.

Well, I better get going. DS wants a ride to work.

Have a super day!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 03:43 PM   #6  
Faith in Him

Height: 5' 9"

Default Oldtime Friend

Hey everyone! I used to post in here a few years ago. I remember Sami, Wilma, and Zoe.

How is everyone? I have much to share but I'm at work right now and can't type much. I wanted to say hello and that I've missed this base of Christian support!

Hope to post more later this evening!

Jamie
Daise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 04:05 PM   #7  

WOW!! I miss a few hours & the thread is loaded!

First of all....a big to Homebound!! Glad to have you & you are in my prayers. I have a lot of back problems, due to a car accident....put me on disability at the age of 36. So sorry you're hurting.

Sami....thanks for the encouragement. Yes, I have already found out how caring everyone is here. So glad I found this thread. If I wasn't needing to lose weight(I can dream, I guess), I'd still want to post here. We've been having a lot of storms here, also. I kept unplugging my computer, then replugging a couple of days ago! Finally left it off & took a nap. Might have been the Lord's way of telling to get a little rest.lol

Wilma....sounds like you're in good spirits today. I'm glad. I'm feeling better than I have in quite awhile. Thanks. Trying to get a few things done around here, while it lasts.

Daise....You were here long before me. I've only been here a few days. Feel right at home, though, as I'm sure you know. Looking forward to getting to know you. BACK!!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 06:02 PM   #8  
Walking by faith

Angry Good day everyone!

Thanks for the prayers! I know someone was praying last night, because I was able to get a good night's sleep without pain meds PTL. Angel, I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering with back problems. I had my surgery in April 2001, and other than having to wear a leg brace and walk with a crutch, I'm doing pretty good. My pain level is usually not too bad. Before the surgery the pain was unbearable!

Sami, have fun planning your son's party.

Wilma, I'm glad you got a good night's sleep-makes all the difference!

To all that have been having computer probs due to storms: I'm glad you're all back online. We haven't been having too many T-storms here in SE GA-just a lot of heat

God Bless You this day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #9  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down FOR SAMI

HI SAMI-- I am putting my wife on to answer the question on wedding favors---

My sister-in-law created little origami boxes and filled them with jordon almonds. They were a big hit with our kids.
At the Hawaiian-themed wedding, they had back scratchers and little "messages" of thank-you in little bottles.
We have used inexpensive Christmas ornaments as favors.
Jordan almonds wrapped in tulle with a ribbon is always an inexpensive way to go.
Other than that, I am drawing a blank. Hope it was helpful. I'll let Gary know if I hear of any good ideas.
EZMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 09:45 AM   #10  
Queen of Quite A Lot!

Happy Sunday, CEers!

Wow, how nice to see new people and old ones return! Welcome and welcome back! Look forward to your posts.

Angel~yes, i've thought of that too, that he should go to the Dr. and my mother is going to call him on her own, but he'll go in there and say that nothing is wrong. He had a stroke almost 10 years ago at a fairly young age (55 i think) and his personality has been different ever since. But i also am worried that if he acts like this in public, he could make someone mad and get himself in trouble. I've seen him like this before and i've said to him, if something is wrong, you need to do something about it, go to the dr. and he will agree, but then doesn't deal with it. Very frustrating and I don't know how my poor mom deals with it everyday. Sometimes I think I should just go back home and try to help my mom with all this, but i know when I was there, there wasn't much i could really do and i cannot fix everything.

Well, i'm up 2 lbs. this week, had a tough and challenging week with the food program. But i'm not giving up, oh no! I'm going to continue as usual and i know i'll get back into that losing mode.

My guy friend Byron came over yesterday and helped me tremendously around the house. He fixed a leak in the hot water in my tub/shower that was driving me bonkers, it wasn't a big deal once you could get the water shut off(I couldn't figure out how). And he replaced my kitchen faucet which was leaking under the sink because it was corroded underneath and he fixed my light above the sink that only needed a fuse(i bought a new bulb and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't work, why don't they tell you about that darn fuse!) and he showed me that I needed to clean a filter in the window airconditioner(again, i didn't know there was a filter to clean!) I think this is one of the things i hate about being alone, i can't do everything myself or i don't know about these things and feel that i should. So anyway, i took him to dinner to pay him for all of that, and I thought i'd blow it and have a fish taco but i made a good choice and had a chicken mexican salad w/no beans and i didn't eat the tortilla.

How wonderful to hear from your wife Gary! I was thinking it would be great fun to have a "Let's ask Gary's DW?" and then we'd find out all the dirt!

I thank all of you for the prayers, they mean so much! My mother was still in very good spirits yesterday, i was afraid it might hit her, but it hasn't and she's an amazing woman, always is positive and makes the best of situations.

I'm trying to learn how to speak and write japanese...... I love the look of their writing and i love japanese art, but i should maybe learn the words too if i want to write it. I wear a piece of Raku (japanese pottery art) that is the symbol for the word happiness and it made me curious.
Mitchypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 03:34 PM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down SUNDAY

HI GALS

Have to be quick-- it was my daughter's 20th birthday Friday but with the wedding we couldn't celebrate so we are doing it this evening. A BBQ of bratwurst and chicken for sandwiches, potato salad, watermelon, chips, beans and salad-- real easy and low-fat (YEA RIGHT! )
Have to do some chores before the company comes. Went to church last night and used a gift certificate for dinner afterwards-- I got it from church for doing extra work around there over the year-- we try to give as many as we can, they are only for $10 at the local Coco's but people really apreciate being noticed for the things they do-- even if we are doing it for the Lord we don't like to be taken for granted do we? How's that for trying to squirm out of one Any way I had a salad--HOWEVER-- it was a fried chicken salad---sooooo goood!!

Well hafta go just wanted to send extra prayers for MICHELE-- love all of ya- IN HIS ARMS FOREVER- Gary
Old 07-14-2003, 09:23 PM   #12  
Quit counting at 45!

Default WOW!

I go away for one day and this whole site has changed and for the better. I love it.

How are all of you doing? I've been doing the same old thing. Work and rest. The weather has been really wierd around here lately - lots of rain and heavy winds.

I thought today was weigh in day at Curves but it wasn't. I think it might be later this week or early next week. I have a couple more days to work on losing something!

Daise: I remember you. Welcome back!! I don't know what I'd do with this crew.

Michele: It sounds like you had a great weekend and a very helpful friend!!

Gary: Hope the birthday party went well. Your kids seem to be about the same ages as mine.

Have a good night!
wilma12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:42 PM   #13  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Thumbs down MONDAY

HI ALL-

Just got back from dinner at the 50's diner in the town next to ours. My daughter took my wife and I there for Mother's/Father's Day-- she was gone when those days came up with tennis and she tried to take us out before for mexican food but I paid-- today she INSISTED!! so we let her. it was where she worked last summer and the people that are still there remembered her- in a good way.
The birthday party BBQ for her went well last night too-- small, just 15 family members and her "boyfriend"- remember? the guy I pretend to hate

I have to balance my check-book so I am checkin' outta here.

More tomorrow- Take care of yourselves, Gary
Old 07-15-2003, 10:22 AM   #14  

Angry

Good Morning!

I am new to the 3FC website/forum and saw your thread and was very excited - a small answer to prayer to find peolple of like mind and like faith going through like struggles with weight and is a support for other events that happen in life. God is so good!

I am not sure of the format of this thread but wanted to introduce myself - GEMonster (Green eyed Monster) is my husband's nickname for me but my name is Summer. My actual prayer that I had with God was one of frustration because of hitting a plateau and trying to find the encouragement or people who were like minded who understand. I hope this is it.

I look forward to this journey and am full of praise for finding this thread.
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 10:52 AM   #15  

Summer!!

It's so good to have you with us! I haven't been here long, myself, but already feel very much at home. I also, was thrilled to find a Christian thread.

Know what you mean by hitting a plateau. I've been the same for a couple of weeks now. To some people that may not seem bad. When you've really stayed on a diet, though, it's hard not to see those scales go down. We've just got to be patient, I guess. We're all going to have this happen, some. Still not fun, though.

I hope you'll post often....I try to check in each day. Good luck!
Angel-lover is offline   Reply With Quote