Old 10-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #267 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #2  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Got on ------after my crummy WI at JC, I thought eating potato chips might be a good idea. Not. But I ate the chips anyway. So I promised myself an OP and and so far, so good.

Everybody have a great day today. Tomorrow I'm stripping wallpaper at my dd's. Then Saturday we have our Halloween party. I have to seriously consider what I will eat that night------none of it is figure friendly-----only the salad. Hmmmmm. I'll have a JC dessert since they're so good, but the main food I've got to consider carefully.

Have a wonderful weekend. How's everyone doing?
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner It's just a matter of time and I'll be where I want. :smile:
Old 10-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

hey everybody... hope everyone had an awesome day and some movements on the scale... today I got up late so didn't get my treadmill date in.. worked late so no way I'm in the mood now so guessing it's a rest day LOL... totally into my TOM so tomorrows challenge WI will likely be not what I want to see... I'm mentally trying to prep for that and thinking my official WI on Monday might be better .. hahaha it's all a mind game some days... I tried a new recipe: Pumpkin Gratin with Crispy Rosemary-Parmesan Topping... it's a WW recipe and it was pretty good..

Itryharder - thanks for changing us into a new slot .. woo hoo for us.. Glad you got onto your :tread even after a little bump in the road with the chips.. stripping wallpaper should be some good AP I would thing tooo maybe work enough up to change them in for your Halloween party?

Princess I bet you had fun with your grandbaby today.. How did you make out with your pitch in party and your WI?.. whatever your scale said you got moving and grooving this week and that's an awesome thing!!

Jar - I could smell those cookies from here LOL.. good idea to send them out with your hubby... have you made the WW 1 point chocolate muffin... I sometimes like to have 2 of those in the afternoon with my coffee.. or I know Target has the fiber1 90 calorie peanut butter bars that are 2pts and pretty good... I've been to Cranberry in Pittsburgh are you anywhere near that?

Banditt - how was your party.. did your costume go over with as much fun as it sounded.. yes it was a relief with my sons tests and I've also heard about the kids as well as adults using this energy drinks as mixers... I've tried to be very open with discussions with my kids about what can happen as they attend schools and luckily he has 3 older siblings that have also gave him a heads up of what to be careful of.. so I pray that it continues..

CherryAutumn hope you and your family are on the mend..

Terri - how goes it with you?

Lots2go are you still training outside as this cold weather moves in?

for me this weekend I work on Saturday then maybe a date night with my dh if the rain continues to keep him out of the fields and then Sunday we have a dedication service for my Uncle/Godfather who passed away last year.. he was very much involved with his church and they've apparently created something to honour him so that will be interesting to see..

have a good evening turtles!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:19 AM   #4  
jeanne

Good Morning Ladies!
Drum roll please (haha) today's WI.... -2#....Thats a total of 9# down since my "re-start" 3 weeeks ago!

Taylorsjourney - I worked in Cranberry for the last 6 yrs. until I got layed off in Dec. I live 25 minutes from there!!!
Is that Pumpkin Graten on the ww site (etools).....I love pumpkin anything!

Well I better get my coffee and keep on going. I work today an the rest of the weekend! Today will be easier than tomorrow. Saturdays are DONUT days!!! But.....I've been back for 4 weeks now and I haven't had one yet!!!

Have a great & healthy Friday everyone!
jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! The Halloween party at my TOPS meeting was fun last night, we played a couple of games and had some snacks and over all it was a fun evening. I was happy with my W/I and will post my info over on the other thread but I was down 1.8 lbs.

I am heading out for my Aquafit class this morning and then back home to get my housework done, the house is a mess!

Jeanne: Congrats on your W/I... You are doing really well! Donut day, ugh, they are hard to pass up!

Taylor: Yep, I had a lot of fun with the grandbaby, he is just so cute and such a good boy. He is really getting around now and is not content to just sit in one place so you really need to double time it to keep up with him. Best wishes for the honor ceremony, I hope it goes well!

Judy: I know you will do great at the party but I also know how hard that is for you so keep the faith and make your plan and you will do fine! Have a good time and enjoy yourself!

Bandit: How did your party go last night? I'll bet your costume was a hit!

Cherry: how are you and the family doing?

Terri: What are you plans for the weekend? Are you still doing the half days at work?

Lots: How are you doing so far this week?

Life: Any plans for the weekend?

I have to run, lots to do today so I need to get my butt in gear.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey All TGIF and Terri's DAY OFF!!!!!!!!!

Last day before my boss comes back from vacation. Slept in and have the whole day ahead of me!!! Yeah me!!! Have a few chores nothing major. l

You guys all sound like you are doing great, lots of losses this week, I have my exercise working but really need to work on the food! Baby steps, I'll get there. You gals are working very hard and are seeing positive results. Woo hoo!!

Everyone have a great weekend, not sure what the weather is going to be like but hoping for some sunshine at the least!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:45 AM   #7  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Taylors, I hope the service is lovely. It's an hororable thing to do.

Jar, down 2# : You have had a fabulous 3weeks. Those pounds are dropping like doughnuts.........oh---that's because you're not eating the doughnuts! Weigh to go!

Princess, this is wonderful. You're down another 1.8# this week after losing so well last week. I think you heard the "click". Weigh to go! :

Terri, great job with the exercise I feel the food will follow.

My plan---I'll eat my JC during the day. Have an energy bar right before the party. Drink lots of Diet Coke (i know, I know) and eat a big salad and I'll have a tablespoon of my favorites. I shouldn't be hungry. This is at my home. I can always make a cup of tea or boullion if I need it. I'll stay away from the dessert table and have a cup of tea and a JC dessert when the others indulge. That's my plan. And I'm sticking to it. Thanks for the input.

You all have a great day and I'll check back in later.
Life4evr, how are you?
Cherry, kids on the mend?
Bandit, was party a blast? Send a photo.
Hope I've got you all. Take care. Have a great day and great weekend.
Son and family coming in for the party and we'll be busy.
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner
Old 10-28-2011, 11:09 AM   #8  

good morning everyone... brisk but beautiful sunny day!! woke up to the first real good frost on the ground with scrapers needed to clear the windows.. it's coming yes it is I hear Boston got their first snowfall yesterday .. yikes..

Jar - awesome job on losing that is fantastic.. wow in 3 weeks to have lost that much is grrrreat!!! I can't believe you live 25 mins from Cranberry.. it was a beautiful place.. My Mom worked for Heinz here in Canada and therefore was allowed to go to that place called Eden Hall - are you familiar with that? Anyway I was allowed to go as well and we looked so forward to our week vacation spending it in Pittsburgh... it really is a pretty city.. plus HUGE lol... they sold the place when the trustees apparently tweeked the requests of Sebastian will to work in a better interest for them... so haven't been there now for 3 years.. wow small world!! Oh and yes that recipe is from the ww etool site.. I'm an online ww so I find stuff there alot!!

Princess - look at you go.. that is awesome to have the loss..I'm glad you had a wonderful time with your grandbaby!!!

Terri - enjoy your day off.. make it a day of YOU and have fun!!!

I've been up.. I got my workout in YEAHHHHH and I did get on the scale for the challenge.. I was pleasantly surprised to be done -.8 -> wahoo I'll take it.. I'm so excited I could burst.. I do detest how that scale and its numbers can just mind boggle your emotions with one flick of move up or down.. but today happy dance ..LOL..

have an awesome day everyone!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 04:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

Sunny but cool today, but no rain which is great

My Tops party was good & got lots of comments on my costume
(when my dd comes home I will get her to take pictures & will post then)
I won a contest that has been ongoing as a funraiser & my portion was
$145 which was a surprise. On the downside I was up 1# but was expecting
to be up so no surprises. Just have to do better next week.

Jar - what a fabulous loss for you!

Princess - you are also right on programme, so keep it going!

Judy - have fun at your party, sounds like a blast.

Taylor - nice job on you losing as well.

You girls are doing great, so keep up all your hard work & I will really
focus this week and get that darn scale moving in the right direction.

Just heading out to centre for a walk & then hot-tub, swim

We have a Tops rally tomorrow for the day, so will busy with that

Have a great Friday!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, yay on the cash award. What fun and a surprise!
This week is going to be an OP and weight loss week for everyone!

Taylors, happy dance is happy dance. Take it and run! Soooooooooooo pleased for you that the : cooperated when you wanted it to.
Yay!

As far as me, my scale is down again, but what I do is count my official WI on Wed. and then post that weight on Friday. It seems to be working for me right now, so I'll keep at that. Stripped wallpaper for daughter in her bathroom. She won't have too much more to do before she primes and paints it. Also walked for 1/2 mile at boardwalk. Very cold and I didn't have my jacket with me, so I called it done. Tonight my dson and his family are coming in for our party and it looks like my dd, dgs, and dsil may be in tonight too. Gotta run and relax. You all have a great weekend just in case I can't get back on the computer tomorrow.
Judy
234.6/185.8/179 and thinner
Old 10-29-2011, 06:02 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! I just wanted to pop online quick to wish everyone a very happy Saturday and best wishes for an on-plan day to you all!

I am off to head north to spend the day with my mom - it is a long trip so I need to get my butt moving and will check in again tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:54 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone - sunny but chilly today.

Just got back from Tops rally which was lots of fun & got in a 2 mile
walk yesterday at my walking centre, so my legs are abit stiff today.

Staying in tonight for a change - haven't had a quiet weekend for ages,
so looking forward to just relaxing.

Judy - nice to hear you are still losing, awesome and you sound so busy with everything.

Princess - have fun with your mom
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:28 PM   #13  

Todays weigh in was good (drum roll) down -2.2 pounds. I hope I can keep it off and then some for next week. Today we took the kids on a nature walk. So I got exercise and quality time with the family. Glad everyone seems to be in good spirits. On to a new week. Hoping, hoping, hoping for a good one.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:09 PM   #14  

good evening ladies..

today was colder then I thought.. got home from work and decided to take a walk outside and I'm thinking I have a headcold starting.. my bones are aching so will see what happens tomorrow..

Banditt - awesome job on the outfit and congrats on the cash win.. what exactly would be a TOPS rally?

CherryAutumn - wahooo on the loss that is amazing.. nice to see you were able to get the family out of the house for a nature walk...children often see life in such a different view then we do those walks I bet are adventurous..

Princess - I hope you had a lovely visit with your Mom...

Itryharder - did you have a fun goulash hallow party?

I hope everyone else is doing great.. I'm headed to bed as I am wiped right out... Night!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:09 AM   #15  
jeanne

Good Sunday Morning Everyone!

Woooosh, what a busy w/e at work! I was very anxious to get out of there yesterday. I made it till 3:45 (I was only scheduled till 4) and I broke down and had a cookie! Urgh! *a little cookie* but still a cookie!
Had tuna & salad for dinner. haha! Had to compensate!

I bought Tuna Creations, Sweet & Spciy...2 Points for 1/4 cup! Very good!

Taylor - it was cold here too!!! I ran to JC Penney's to get a new winter coat since all my old ones are sooooo big!!!! Wooohoooo to that! But.....the coats were outragous in price. Even on sale, I felt that they were too much money! So, my hoodie and vest will have to do!

Bandit - I would like to find a TOPS in my area. Many years ago I went to one and really enjoyed the energy!

Cherry - Woohooooo!!!!!!! Good job!!!!!

Judy - Yay on that loss! We'll wait for the surprise at "WI"! Ahhh, stripping wallpaper......Bless your heart! lol! How did your party go?

Terri - Hope you had a great w/e! Good job on the exercise! I really need to get some in! And yes....Babysteps!!!! You go girl! Hope it is a great Monday for ya with your boss back!

Princess - I SURVIVED!! Not one donut all w/e!!!!! However...I did sneak that cookie yesterday! Oh well....new day!

Hope everyone has a great & relaxing Sunday!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote