Old 11-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #1  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Arrow Blue Team 12 Week Challenge Thread

I thought our team could check in and chat here!

I'm in the two teens today for the first time in over 5 years. Very excited to be here. Hoping for 20 more lbs before the new year.

So tell me a little about yourselves.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/157.5/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi! Connie Here. I've struggled with my weight nearly all my life and have gotten truly serious about losing weight since being diagnosed with diabetes in May of this year. I have lost 49 lbs so far, have 25 to go. I'm thrilled to be a part of this challenge and this team

GO BLUE!!!

Connie S
suttercm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #3  

I grew up chubby but it never got out of control because I was a 3 sport athlete. Despite that I weighed 220 when I graduated high school (9 years ago). When I moved in with my boyfriend (now DH) after high school I went off the rails. No more sports, eating whatever, whenever I wanted, fast food, nights out, etc. In 2006, almost a year after having my son I reached my high weight of 320 lbs. I lost 100 lb in about 6 months and got down to 220 before I got pregnant with my daughter. I actually lost 30 more lbs when I was pregnant and got down to 190. Then I hit a horrible wall and became very depressed. Went on meds and the weight packed back on. Last year at this time I weighed 264. Started in May at 259. Lost about 13 lbs. Started again on September 4 at 246.5 and I've been making pretty decent progress since
then.

Oh and my husband is deployed and has no idea how much weight I've lost. I'm determined to be in Onederland by the next time I see him in January.

Sorry. That was long. I think it's the first time I've told my whole story on 3FC.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

Congrats on all the weight lost, you three! Wow!

I'm at the very beginning of this journey. Unfortunately I have been meaning to lose weight ever since I hit the 200's (about four years ago) but I've never really been succesful. Instead I've gained. I've been out of college for two years now, there are no more excuses! I have a huge trip coming up in March of next year and I want to be able to enjoy it fully. I am determined to lose a significant amount of weight by then.

In the last three weeks I've lost six pounds. Here's to continuing that trend with the Blue team!
paris in 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:25 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambiechop View Post
I grew up chubby but it never got out of control because I was a 3 sport athlete. Despite that I weighed 220 when I graduated high school (9 years ago). When I moved in with my boyfriend (now DH) after high school I went off the rails. No more sports, eating whatever, whenever I wanted, fast food, nights out, etc. In 2006, almost a year after having my son I reached my high weight of 320 lbs. I lost 100 lb in about 6 months and got down to 220 before I got pregnant with my daughter. I actually lost 30 more lbs when I was pregnant and got down to 190. Then I hit a horrible wall and became very depressed. Went on meds and the weight packed back on. Last year at this time I weighed 264. Started in May at 259. Lost about 13 lbs. Started again on September 4 at 246.5 and I've been making pretty decent progress since
then.

Oh and my husband is deployed and has no idea how much weight I've lost. I'm determined to be in Onederland by the next time I see him in January.

Sorry. That was long. I think it's the first time I've told my whole story on 3FC.
Wow! You have a lot on your "plate"! Hope we can all help you to make that Surprise a big one in January.

Connie S
Old 11-02-2011, 12:26 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris in 6 View Post

In the last three weeks I've lost six pounds. Here's to continuing that trend with the Blue team!
6 lbs is a great start! We'll be here to help you get that number up.

Connie S
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #7  

I have been struggling with night time (after dinner) eating. Last night was another bad night. I need to break this cycle now!

Got in a half hour walk at lunch today. Have a training class with my dog tonight, so dinner will be on the road.

Am trying to get into an AquaZumba class that's on Tuesday & Thursday mornings before work. Hopefully will hear tonight so I can start tomorrow morning. I think the change in exercise will help boost my weight loss efforts.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Connie S
Old 11-02-2011, 03:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162.5/150s/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

Hello!

Let's see, about me. I'm 27. I was a dancer in high school and college, and though I pretty much always hovered around the normal/overweight bmi boarder (for me that's low-mid 140s), the whole being a dancer "thing" made me always feel fat. So even though it wasn't really true, I've pretty much always felt like I have a weight problem.

After college I got a desk job and gained about 5 pounds, which put me just barely into an overweight bmi (high 140s-low 150s). I still danced occasionally, but my main form of exercise was walking. But this weight gain wasn't enough of a change for me to feel compelled to do anything about it. I moved to a non-walking city for grad school last year and gained at least 10 pounds in the span of a few months (during which time I essentially do zero exercise). I spent most the summer wearing skirts/dresses, and when the weather started changing this fall I knew I was in trouble when I could no longer button my jeans. Finally, after weighing myself for the first time in about a year and seeing my highest number ever (162.5), I decided to do something about it.

I've been at this for about 2 months now, and I am hoping to get to 125. Through calorie counting and, recently, Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred I'm, as of today, down 11 pounds! I'm a total workout dvd convert. I used to be skeptical, but they say the best workout is the one you do, and it's absolutely amazing how much less motivation it takes to just get me off the couch as opposed to going to the gym!
Dani84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #9  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hey blue team!

brief bio on me: i'm 28 (as of last month), recently married (as of may), a tastefully simple consultant (as of september - feel free to inquire!) and new to south carolina (as of august). lots of changes going on with me have resulted in a stall at around 250 (50 pounds lost!) and i think a team challenge is just the kick in the pants i need to get the weight loss in gear again. i weigh in on mondays and this past monday had me at 251.8 which is up (five pounds plus of up) from my last weigh in... but i'm almost 100% certain the majority of that is water from my weekend out of town and HOURS in the van traveling from SC to PA and back again.

the silver lining to that is a water whoosh will give us a boost for next weigh in! heh.
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:57 AM   #10  

S/C/G: pounds lost: 8.9 of 52.5

Connie S - Thank you for your support! So appreciated. As for the evening snacking, have you tried setting a cut off hour for yourself? I've found it helps to know in advance that I'm not eating anything after 8PM. I allow myself water and tea, but that's it. More recently I've cut out all eating after dinner, and I've actually found it to be quite a relief that it's no longer an option, healthy or not. I know that sounds unimaginable, but after about a week or so of little voices begigng me to compromise, I gave myself a break. Just a thought, I know everyone's different.

So nice to meet everyone! So far so good for me. I'm aiming to do some kind of exercise every day in November and I'm 3 for 3 so far (yay!) I've also stuck to my "diet" to the letter. hoping to see a good loss this week.
paris in 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:15 PM   #11  

Had a great night last night, only evening eating was an apple with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. Wasn't going to have anything, but my Blood Sugar was down to 60 so needed something. Had first AquaZumba class this morning - lots of fun! Also did a 30 minute (1.5 mile) walk at lunch.

Weighed in at 161.5 this morning.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

Go BLUE

Connie S
Old 11-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #12  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

making a shrimp stir fry for dinner tonight... serving it over spaghetti squash lots and lots of veggies!
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #13  

Mmmm, I love shrimp! My week is going pretty well. Yesterday I signed up my daughter and I for ice skating lessons. We start next Tuesday and I really hope I don't fall!

I also found out yesterday that my kids and I are going to China for Christmas. I'm very excited to see the Great Wall. I just hope I'll be able to keep up my weight loss while we're there. I have no idea what the food situation will be like.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #14  
By God's Grace

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/140

Hi Blue Team, Here goes my story, I'm 33 and have a one year old, thought i was overweight before marriage and pregancy, i was physically fit.. could do any task and never felt tired. But after delivery all those things which seemed easy to do seemed 10 times harder, even a mile walk would seem difficult... this is when i've realized that its time to take control and get active and slim down, other strong reason is to be able to play with my kid and enjoy every moment with him. Though my husband has asked me to reduce weight a lot many times i've simply ignored him but the thought of my son too following on my steps and becoming obese is so frightning that i have taken a strong decision this time to loose.
lesserme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #15  

Welcome lesserme! My kids are a really big motivator too. Kudos to you for wanting to set a good example for your little boy.