Default Weekly Chat: Core/Simply Filling: Oct. 31- Nov. 6

New Pages!!!

Happy Halloween

Tejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone:

The storm of babysitting and having parties is passed. I'm resting then going to the gym this afternoon.

I'm also cooking up chicken breasts and shopping for veggies.

No candy here, we'll hand out individual bags of chips. We usually buy candy and then eat it, but not this year.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #3  
beachbum

HAPPY HALLOWEEN LADIES

Sorry I was MIA yesterday,but with the heavy winds we had my cable package[TV phone & computer] was down 10 hrs.
but TG that my power didn't go out like it did when Hurricane Irene when my food in the frig/freezer was lost. They say the 2600 people are out of power on the Cape.

I called my doctor this morning to ask them why i didn't get my stress test results back yet. The receptionist was quit nasty to me and told me that if the report was in she put it on the doctors desk and he would give me a call. So I called the nurse about an appointment for my ECHO. TG my heart is Ok but my breathing isn't. Can't walk along the beach or to my mail box down the street without getting out of breath.

RHONDA-Thanks for the new pages,I don't give the T 'n T candy either.bu this year i bought Kit Kats as we don't have any treater's anymore ,as they don't come down our block for a long time since they have parties in school or city centers. I have the treats for the older one that come at night as i don't wan to be egged or toilet papered.

Have a great day
beach bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

Happy halloween everyone

Thankd Vickie and sandra i hope to have answers soon still havent had a date for the actual procedure but hopefully it will be soon xxx
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:25 AM   #5  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm off to pick up my 2 new pairs of glasses and to get measure for my orthopedic shoes! I only feel about 25 inside, so what is wrong with my body?!

Have a great Tuesday!
Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #6  

Vickie,
Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

Had a mass for Leo this morning and than headed out to the cemetery as it 2 years since he's gone.

Oh I heard from my doctor yesterday and he told me I don't have any heart disease and he s happy about that,but he's going to have me go to the hospital for a breathing test. Some kind of a tube that you breath into and records the oxygen that going into the lung.He said the test is only 10 minutes,and hoping that they're nothing wrong there.

Tomorrow My friend Rita and I are going out to dinner and than to Trader Joe's. I want to pick up some frozen entrees that Stop & Shop doesn't have.

I didn't have any trick & treater yesterday at all. So I'm happy I didn't buy the big bags of candy. Just have some Kit Kats and Twig bars that I will use in a dessert of some kind.

Have to start today chores so have great day
Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 PM   #8  
focused and aiming

Happy Halloween!! Sorry I was MIA yesterday. I was gone most of the day with friends. The sad thing is part of the afternoon was dedicated to a funeral. The father of a co=worker (90+) passed. It was good to see everyone at the service.

I'm subbing today and tomorrow. Then 3 days a week for the next 2 weeks for a teacher who's out with physical ailment. I'm scheduled till Thanksgiving and will be splitting days with another retired teacher. Should be fun.

Dee, you're too sweet. Thank you for the compliment. You're going to LOVE retirement.

Nancy, you're gorgeous!

It's about time for our archers to arrive. I need to go get my "rig" on and start flinging arrows.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:24 PM   #9  

Well, Maryann, that's great news about your heart. If you have trouble with oxygen uptake that might be very easy to fix with oxygen or a CPAP machine when you sleep.

I hope the anniversary of Leo's death wasn't too difficult.

Sandra, you're busy!! I hope you're enjoying yourself.

I went to a choir program tonight, featuring 4 high school groups and 1 university glee club. It was heartening and very entertaining.

Off to bed now..hope you're all having a good night.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #10  
hopeless but harmless

Height: 5' 5"

Hello everybody.

Haven't deserted you, but very busy this end. I have lost the weight I gained which is lovely, but hardly anywhere near the 20 by Christmas I set myself.

My mum is out of hospital, very frail only knows me, not anyone else, but thinks I am her mother. They get her out of bed and in a chair but she won't eat so is on meal supplements. Last week I though the end was near she was so frail. Then after we had gone home, she got out of her chair, tied the door up with the lead off her TV and stuck her walking frame under the handle for good measure. The gardener had to climb in through the window, she was on the floor but still managed to throw things at him! Go mum go!!

The weather here in the west is unbelievable, we are still not in our winter clothes and it is so mild that we have the windows open until dusk. We are promised snow at the end of the month, but it seems very unlikely
jojo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:12 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Sorry this is going to be short but I'm going out to Trader Joes to pick up some frozen quick meals, as I don't feel like cooking any more. I used to love to cook and divide the recipe in 4 so I had 3 extra meals in the freezer. What happened to me that I got so lazy????? My friend are all laughing at me,making fun of them for not cooking 15 years go and now its my turn to join the troops.

My DD just called to see how I was doing as today its Leo's second anniversary
of passing and I told her that I be out of the house for most of the day with my lady friend.

Can't believe it after 10 so I will have to go and get ready for today's outing.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I ran errands all day yesterday and ended up with a migraine. The weather here is just atrocious. I tried on the orthopedic shoes and actually they are too much for me since I don't have custom orthotics. We agreed that I just need over the counter GREAT shoes with fabulous arches. They sent me to on of the few remaining full service shoes stores. I tried on a pair of SAS. Sandra, I thought of you while I walked around on them. They were very comfortable and even kinda cute but I ended up buying a pair of Dansko that were really cute and felt even better in the arch. The shoe guy was awesome. He had to put a little corn footbed under the liner to make it fit me better since I'm a little in between sizes in Dankso.

I'm still in the hunt for navy. Anyone know of any nice shoes with outstanding arch support?

Mary Ann, I'm so glad you continue to honor Leo. I'm shocked that it has been two years. I know every day you think of him. I think I have a love like that too.

JoJo, we do what we can.

Rhonda, are you still singing?

Sandar, we'll miss you. Hope you can still get here. You sound like you are going to be real busy.

My eating was great yesterday. Tonight is date night and I'll try to be as great as I can. I'm craving turkey.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #13  

Vickie, no not singing, but tap dancing yes. Lots. We have about 6 performances coming up in December.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:15 PM   #14  
focused and aiming

Vickie, those are good shoes. I'm glad you got a pair and hope they work well for you.

Maryann, I don't cook much either. I did make taco soup for us to have on hand this week.

I'm "off" till next Tuesday. I'm not working too hard when I'm there, but I am doing more than I normally do when subbing. It's good getting to know the kids. (I taught several of their parents.)

Rhonda, you sound busy, too.

JoJo, I'm not where I'd like to be weightwise either but am guessing this is where I'll wind up. Some things never change.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:36 PM   #15  
Southside White Sox Fan

NO tap dancing in my future! I'm happy to just be walking. Rhonda, you are blessed.

Sandra, you sound happy to be working. Does Curtis enjoy it while you're gone?

I feel fat.