Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 06:14 PM   #1  

Angry help me I'm new

good afternoon ladies,

I am new to this site but not new to the 'diet' world.. i recently joined WW and am losing weight at a snail pace. I've read these posts here for years off and on and they have always inspired me and made me realize that im not alone in this battle.. i was looking for a place to join.. i would love to belong to one of these threads but im not sure where to start.. not sure if i should be in here support or WW or newbies or where i should go. I have about 80 pounds to lose ( sounds like alot when i say that ) and it might not be alot to some but for me its a mountain that seems huge. if you could give me some advice on where to start .. or if you know of a friendly group that would love a new member, please let me know. Thank you in advance for ur advice. And keep up the good work in the losing department.

thanks again
Old 07-10-2003, 06:22 PM   #2  
Hot Stuff

Hi scribbles, and congratulations on finally joining in!

Feel free to stop by the Labor Day Losers thread. We just started a new thread and we're setting Labor Day as a short-term goal. We always enjoy having new members!
Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 PM   #3  

Skribbles: Don't want to overwhelm you, but feel free to check out Time for Serious Fun. I started the thread to have somewhere completely positive to go. We have daily topics and I keep a rein on too much grumbling. I want you to be able to come to the thread and feel good about losing weight and exercising. It should be fun and not such a task so that is what we do on the thread. Please check us out. We have all ages, amounts to lose and programs we are on. We have Wednesday's Woes which is specifically for griping on any subject so there is time for that. Not that you can't come and get encouragement when you are having a tough time on any day, I just feel complaining constantly and doing nothing about it is counterproductive!

Hope to see you soon!

Faye
Old 07-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #4  

Default Hi Skribbles, and Welcome!!

You are more than welcome to join us on the thread OVER 50 AND BEING HEALTHY.
It says 'over 50' but any age is welcome. We have a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.

You might just want to read some of each of the threads, and if you see one you are interested in, just jump right in and join them. I'm sure they will be happy to have you.
Most everyone on this site is friendly and helpful.

If I can be of any help to you, just drop in at Over 50 and getting Healthy, or PM me. Welcome aboard!
Old 07-11-2003, 03:09 PM   #5  

thank you so much ladies i hope that i can give u as much support as i know you'll be giving me .. i'm gonna pop on and tell you a little bit about myself also how do you get that little picture under your name?

thanks again
Old 07-11-2003, 06:58 PM   #6  

Glad you joined us! You might want to do like I do. I'm 3 or 4 different threads. It's fun!

Hey, I'm at a snail's pace too!
Closed Thread