South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 AM   #1  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Default My view in the mirror

When I look in the mirror, I look the same. When I see myself I don't see where the 43 lbs went, it still looks like it's still there.

I want people to notice my weight loss but they don't or either they just don't say anything about it. My sister in law is the only person to say "Gosh, I can really tell you've lost weight!", It made me feel great, but she is also the type of person who gives everyone complements about every thing.

After 43 lbs you'd think it would be noticeable. But I guess if I don't see it then how can I expect others to see it. Maybe I'm wearing the wrong clothes. I am still wearing the same clothes I did before I lost weight, I'm just wearing a belt to keep my pants up.

Jeez, I know I'm rambling. I'm just having a bad moment right now.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:02 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

It's a tough thing to wrap your head around. I still have problems looking at shirts and thinking "oh, that's not even gonna come CLOSE to fitting"...and then I try it on and I'm like "oh wait, it DOES fit." Sometimes people who see you everyday don't realize the amount of weight you've lost b/c they see you lose a little here and there. I bet if you ran into someone right now that you haven't seen since you started dieting, you'd get that comment you've been waiting for. 43 pounds is definitely nothing to sneeze at.
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/168/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpnodat View Post
My sister in law is the only person to say "Gosh, I can really tell you've lost weight!", It made me feel great, but she is also the type of person who gives everyone complements about every thing.
I sometimes do that too if I feel a compliment is warranted but just because someone compliments a lot doesn't mean their just saying things to make you feel better. She probably has noticed your weight loss and has seen your efforts in doing so. So you got a complement out of it.

After I lost 50 pounds people started to mention more things to me, some were hesitant because they thought it may be medical related. I also found out that people were going to my husband to inquire about my weight loss and how I achieved it. I guess they were too afraid to ask me.

Give it more time and people will start commenting.

Congrats on your weight loss!
Dusti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:09 AM   #4  
Kate xx

S/C/G: 170/165/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Thumbs up

Hi - i definately feel like that most days!. I'm only just starting out and have only lost about 8 lbs so far so what you have achieved is AMAZING!! I have certian parts of my body where i want to lose the weight from and i don't know if it's shifting lol My boobs look smaller but my bum looks bigger ...not a good look for me Compliments coming from anywhere are GOOD ...feel proud of yourself and keep on going. Big hugs to you x
kittykat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 AM   #5  

You should be so proud of yourself, and remember you are doing this for yourself. (and you know how far you have come) But, I have to admit, just last week I was beating myself up, because no one says anything and my scale is not moving, but I feel so much better and I know my clothes are loose on me.

But I hide under jackets and oversize shirts, so no one really knows. My fault.

Thank you for your post, it tells me that this change in my lifestyle will be worth it, and to stick with it. You have come along way, you encourage me to keep at this.

Have a great day.

Chickadeee

Last edited by chickadeee55; 10-29-2011 at 07:11 AM.
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #6  
Skinny chick

Wearing clothes that fit you better will make a HUGE difference.
When you're wearing the same clothes, sometimes people aren't quite sure what's changed about you. But I think you'll be amazed in how great you look in clothes that aren't too big!

I've been getting mine at thrift stores. I don't want to spend much, because I don't plan on them fitting for very long!
NCchickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:51 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I agree - when you start wearing some good fitting clothes, people will notice!!!!! People barely notice now and I am doing the same thing as you (wearing my old clothes). I want my winter wardrobe to wow them!

I think you've done a fabulous job!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:37 PM   #8  
I'm on a Low Crap Diet

S/C/G: 272/228/under 200 for now

Height: 5'0"

Thanks all! I love the support I get here!

I think on Wednesday, I'll go thrift shopping again and try to bring home some smaller stuff. Maybe someone will notice then.

The real positive thing is even thought I cant actually see it in the mirror, I can tell I have lost a significant amount because I have more energy, I don't tire as quickly, I can really tell when I'm going up stairs or having to walk for a while. My clothes are looser, I even dropped a panty size! That was hugely funny because I was used to my undies riding up but then all of a sudden they started sliding down and I was constantly yanking them up, at first I didn't realize what was going on, and then I thought "oh yeah that must be because I lost weight". lol @ droopy undies

I think I might start taking pics of myself. That will help me to see progress in myself.
hpnodat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:56 PM   #9  
Amanda

S/C/G: 240/236/140

Height: 5'5"

I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago and now after my last baby I am down 60 lbs since he was born. Yes some people commented with my first loss EVEN AT 100 lbs gone some people did not say anything to me. Some people become very jealous when it comes to someone who loses weight. Some dont know what to say. So I promise you people notice you have lost 43 lbs but dont expect them to say much. Some people are extremely irritated and intimidated by those who accomplish weight loss because we are living proof weight can lost without extreme measures. It makes them feel a bit self concious about themselves and it gives themselves doubt as to whether or not they truly could lose weight if they tried... they have convinced themselves they couldn't but here you are standing in front of them indirectly stating that yes they can.. And therefore they will avoid the topic
jasmtnljj is offline   Reply With Quote