South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Weekend Beach Chat-Oct. 29/30

Good Morning

Happy Saturday morning! It's the last weekend of October. We're enjoying before we hit the road and head East over the passes. The weather is supposed to be good and I have to work at 7am. Yesterday was a whirlwind so I'm looking forward to a quiet evening at home. It will be interesting to see if the snow has melted while we've been gone. I did go out to the CSA and picked some wonderful veggies and greens so I'll have to think of an easy OP meal for tonight when I'm sure I won't feel like cooking.

What's on your agenda this weekend?? Stop by and say hi

And…..have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:14 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie aka Traveling Lady! I'm going to sit and sip my coffee and wish you safe trip vibes. Sure hope the **** is gone when you get to the "other side".

Another very cold night so today will definitely be garden tidying. We are actually going to have several days of sunshine which will be nice. There's even a high of 55F predicted for Wednesday. There's nothing on today's schedule except self-inflicted tasks so it should be a good day.

The H. candy is still in the car trunk but I got attacked by some cookies from the freezer last night! Today has to be super-clean eating because I am heading for that slippery slope and may never get my old ticker back. Too bad it's so hard to lose and so easy to gain.

Right now though: more coffee, some dog cuddling and plan the day's menu. Come and chat a bit before you leap into the weekend.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:27 AM   #3  
Kate xx

S/C/G: 170/165/140

Height: 5ft 3in

Smile Steak!!

I'm gonna treat myself to a lovely thick rare steak for my tea ...with loads of salad on the side ...looking forward to it already. As i'm on phase 1 no glass of wine to go with it but only 10 days till phase 2 I live in England and it's X Factor night over here so will be enjoying that with a few glasses of water Have a great day everyone!!
Old 10-29-2011, 06:42 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Deb and Ruth, and to those to come.

The weather is miserable here, the rain is coming down steady right now, and supposed to get heavier and windier before it changes to snow, and now they're saying we can expect up to 12". I have to admit that I'm actually looking forward to it, since it's happening on a weekend. We may have jinxed it, though, since Jake has the snowthrower primed to go and the snow shovels are by the door.

I gathered the last of the peppers yesterday before pulling up the plants and adding them and the eggplant bushes to the garden compost. Then I rototilled the soil and put it to bed for the winter. All that's left in there are my chard and rhubarb. I probably should have gotten to the flower beds, but all my annuals are still blooming beautifully and I just didn't have the heart to pull them up. It will be interesting to see how they fare under a blanket of snow.

I have plans to make some pumpkin granola today and a nice pot of pumpkin/black bean chili. Who wants to come for supper?

Good afternoon, kittykat!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-29-2011 at 06:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #5  

Top of the morning everyone! It is 30 degrees here and chilly. The deer have been raiding what is left our garden, I got some pics on our outdoor camera.

Enjoying my cup of coffee and thinking about getting breakfast going.

Pumpkin Granola sounds wonderful and pumpkin black bean chili, never heard of it, if I bring you a pumpkin will you give me a cooking lesson?

Today, I am heading out to a big fabric sale and some window shopping, just to get out and about. Then back home to plan my week.

Happy Saturday to everyone.

Chickadeee
Old 10-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, ladies...hope you are doing well. I'm about to head off to bed...just waiting on my spaghetti squash to get done cooking. Got the Georgia/Florida game today...can't wait to see us kick some Gator tail!!!

So, got a question. I'm planning on making a sugar-free low-carb cheesecake today and I was wondering if anybody knows if I could make a successful pumpkin cheesecake using just pumpkin pie spice instead of canned pumpkin??? I mean, in theory it sounds like it would work...but I just don't know. Any ideas???
Old 10-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning My new computer arrived yesterday afternoon and I'm spending lots of time getting it set and configured the way I like. Today we will see if we can recover much from my old computer So far I love my new one. It's so tiny and light weight it's going to be perfect on the road. At home it's plugged into all my desk stuff so just like having a desktop. My back absolutely insists I work at a desk for long stretches so I think this is the perfect solution. This morning we will head into town to find a sleeve for it and shop ahead of the monster storm

Debbie - No more picking here though we joined a new winter CSA. What did you pick?

Ruth - I am so with you trying to get myself back in line. Something about the darker days and the cool weather just sends me over the edge. I know we can do this!

Kittykat - I love a good salad. Enjoy your evening

Cottage - I am so not looking forward to this weather and would be very happy to send mine to you, just to make sure you get enough. I like being helpful I didn't get to the chili yesterday so that's going in my crockpot too. Luckily I have a gas stove so if we lose power I can finish it off on there. I've also got a giant butternut that needs to be used some I'll roast that on the side.

Speaking of weather, guess I should get moving. Lots of prep to do for a storm like this one. The trees are still leafed out so big risk of power outages, always fun in the country. Unfortunately I had shopping planned today so I need to brave the crowds. I just hope the power stays on.

ETA: :wave; good morning Chickadee

Natasha - Maybe I need more coffee but I'm not sure what you're asking (okay, I definitely need more coffee). You could make a regular cheesecake with pumpkin pie spice but it wouldn't be pumpkin just spicy. Sounds kind of good actually. Maybe someone else will have a better answer. Enjoy your game!

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-29-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Chickadeee, I just use a basic chili recipe, except I use veggie crumbles in place of ground meat, black beans in place of kidney beans, and stir in a can of pumpkin puree. Easy and delicious!

Natasha, I'm not sure if just using pumpkin pie spice would do the trick or not. Sorry I'm not of much help.

Cyndi, thanks for the offer of sharing your extra snow, but I think we're going to have plenty of our own. Enjoy your shopping experience, and have fun playing with your new toy! Let's hope the power holds for both of us!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 10-29-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:35 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

This talk of chili has me thinking about cleaning out the freezer in the top of my fridge. I have three meals of chili there that needs to be pitched. It just doesn't taste right. I need to make some GOOD chili for the stash. I hate to throw out food but ...

I sure hope the power stays on for the East Coasters.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #10  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

morning all,

My body just woke up. Not to say I am not tired but I am somewhat awake. I think it's hysterical that you all are awake and at 'em! How do you do it?

Not much on the docket for me this weekend aside from switching out summer for winter clothes (what little I have) and unpacking those last two pesky boxes. And hitting the gym (Which will make twice this week, YAY!)

It's snowing out and there is fog rolling off the pond!!!

Cyn - what type of computer did you wind up going with?
Natasha - no clue but it sounds doable!
Chick - sounds like a great day to me!
Cottage -I'd come for supper if your hubby clears the snow away for the entire way up
Kitty - Hope you enjoyed the steak!
Ruth - sending you I know how you feel!
Debbie - have a good one! Thanks for starting us up!

I am off. I wish I had thought to buy half and half yesterday! Wonder what the 1st snow will bring as far as the roads and crazy drivers go? Oye!
Old 10-29-2011, 08:00 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,
Wow, such activity before 8am! Hope everyone is having a great day already. Cottage, it has not started raining here yet, but it's coming I'm sure, although the snow is supposed to miss the city. Tomorrow's going to be int he 50's so even if it arrived, it would melt. This morning I'm taking my son on a trip on the Staten Island ferry just for fun, and then this afternoon my husband is going to make my son's halloween costume with him (he's going to be the Leaning Tower of Pisa). Theoretically we are going to a children's Halloween party this afternoon. It will be a chill day. I painted my kitchen cabinet doors last night, so I've got to do some touch ups there and just some 'niggles' as Ruth would say! Hope everyone has a fantabulous day.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:35 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

We made it-exactly 2 hours...roads dry, still a little snow left here. I've caught up with everyone, may get back later.

Cyndi, thought of you as we enjoyed our Indigo Girls cruising over the Divide.

I have 10 min to get dressed, make my smoothie and head out the door. It's doable!

BBL
Old 10-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #13  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Cyndi, thought of you as we enjoyed our Indigo Girls cruising over the Divide.
Best concert ever - IG at a tiny outdoor theater in Northampton, perfect in so many ways. The audience got them off their playlist and down memory lane. It was so much fun!

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-29-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:01 AM   #14  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday! I actually slept in this morning -- 7:15! Wow!

Debbie, You have already made a road trip today? You are Super Woman!

Ruth, Hooray for the candy in the trunk! We live in the 'boondocks', so no Trick-or-Treaters here.

Kitty, A thick, rare steak sounds delightful! Yum!

Linda, 12 inches of snow... Oh my!

Natasha, Hubs is a football fan, too. We are excited about the Bama/LSU game next weekend.

Deee, The deer ruined our pumpkin patch last year. We didn't plant this year.

Cyndi, Stay warm this weekend!

Mathilda, Seeing the Macy's Parade is on my Bucket List.

It's going to be a crazy busy weekend again. Last night, Jeff and I set up friends on a blind date. We all went on a double date. It was too much fun. I think they liked each other. Yay!

Today, I have a baby shower at 2. Auston and I are going to a downtown Halloween festival after that. It is absolutely beautiful outside -- high around 60.

I'm thinking of making a pot of soup for tonight. It's going to be a good weekend.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #15  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

OMG worst temptation ever last night and this morning....my oldest daughter went to her Grandma's (her Dads side) and she brought home 4 frosted cookies.....those are my favorite!!!! So far so good staying strong and I said the sooner they are eaten by others the better!
Closed Thread