South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2011, 06:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Default Thursday, October 27 Chickie Chat

Am I really first? It's that coffee! If someone posts at the same time, please delete this -- OR if I have the wrong date.

Last night, for the first time in YEARS, I had a 'skinny' dream! I looked fabulous! It must have been the victory over donuts. I choose victory again today!

Happy Thursday!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, and Chelby, you win the Early Bird prize. Congratulations on your donut victory! Your body is celebrating and doing the Happy Dance with you! BTW, I LOVE your new avatar!

Dare I say it? It's my FRIDAY!!!!
Old 10-27-2011, 06:53 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chel Nope, you've got the correct date, everyone is just sleeping in. Must be the rainy cold weather up here. I love your attitude after doing battle with those donuts and am gong to borrow some for myself. I'm slipping into the fall food frenzy and need to get a grip. You look fabulous now and I'm sure you will look fabulous in a bigger wardrobe of "skinny" clothes.

Chickadee - saw your post at the tail end of yesterday's chat I didn't read through those threads on smoothies but I don't think most of us are using soy in ours. I usually use Greek yogurt for protein. If I need more I use hemp powder. I experimented a lot and personally prefer the taste and texture of the hemp. I was actually able to get samples of different powders at my co-op so tried all the unsweetened, non-soy powders. I still like yogurt or yogurt and cottage cheese best, I call them cheesecake smoothies

Another day very much like the last Today I'm making another big pot of that hot and sour soup. It's the new household fave and I know my friend will love it too.

I'm going to do a few Phase 1 days to regain my focus. Debbie reminded me about the list and I'm going to make a Fall 2011 success list to check through each day. Last time I did that it really helped me refocus. It's so easy for me to slide when I'm busy and life is stressful. The shorter days really increase that tendency. Time to get a grip so I don't spend the winter in my fat clothes again.

ETA - Good morning Cottage! Happy Cottage Friday

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-27-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Not the wrong date at all, pretty Ms. Michelle. I was confused too, especially when I took out the trash and realized nobody else on our road had stuff out. Is it possible the "lad" passed by before 7:30 and the dogs didn't bark at the truck?

Cottage, I hope your Friday goes well. How is your Mother doing? I can hardly wait to see her when I do the T-Day visit which is still on - less than four weeks now.

CyndiM, dried a passle of chard yesterday and thought of you. I don't remember Debbie's list and would love a copy. I definitely need to get a grip because I am now nine frassing pounds above last summer's low and it's my own darned fault!

The PC guru patched together the Mill Office machine with most of the files intact. I see a new PC in our future. This one is pretty old and rickety - uses Outlook - not even Express! I'll bring this issue up at the next Board meeting and see if any of the Directors feel generous. (We need a Sugar Daddy!)

Donna comes this morning so I am going to get right at my tidying so I can get out of her way when she arrives. She's pretty chatty and talking slows her down. I, of course, seldom say anything!

Right now I'm going to have another coffee and plan food for the day which does not include Halloween candy. (The stash is going to be locked in the car trunk until mid-afternoon on Monday! I need a time lock!)

Happt Thursday.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth ~ Mom is doing great, everything looks clear right now, and she has her next C-scan scheduled for 7/15. We're all eagerly looking forward to your visit, and especially Carley. She's really taken to you. Of course, Audrey & Maggie are beyond excited about seeing you again, too.

Cyndi ~ so how do you dry chard? I guess it's the same as drying kale? I'm finally going to get around to making that Hot & Sour soup this weekend.
Old 10-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning ladies-

Sitting here in my meeting, reading up on you all rather than paying attention

Hahaha

Glad things are good with your mom Cottage!

Cyndi - how is Julie doing?

to all else. Can't wait to get home! Was up at 1:00a getting sick. Don't think I ate anything off plan and am hoping it wasn't food poisoning!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:40 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I woke up super early again today, do I detect a pattern, I hope not!!! I worked out and came in early to work. I get more done when I get here early anyways.

Cottage glad this is your Friday

Ruth maybe everyone else forgot to put out their trash

Chelby way to go with your will power

Cyndi I know doing Phase 1 for 8 days really helped me get mentally back in the game.

Okay off to work Have a great day
Old 10-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #8  

Good morning, all!! Rainy and whatnot, but it is one closer day to the weekend!

I have finally, after 7 months, decided that I REALLY need to learn to make these smoothies. So - maybe this weekend I will go through all the recipes and see what happens.

Welcome to everyone who has been here while I have been so absent. Hello to all who have been here all along - I missed touching base!

Be well -
Old 10-27-2011, 09:07 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 90.6/70.6/55

Height: 165

Chel - they say when you're learning a foreign language that when you dream in that language, you've reached a point of mastery. Maybe the same applies to weight loss?

Just checking in to say hi to all. Not too sure about the time difference - looks like everyone is starting their day when I am winding down.

It was my last day of classes today, so I and a few of my classmates hit the uni bar for some libations. In the spirit of celebration, I had a small glass of champagne. I also found out the results for one of my courses, I got a 7 (high distinction) Here's hoping they are all equally as good...

Hope everyone's day is excellent
Old 10-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #10  
sophie

good morning,

why is everyone confused about it being Thursday. Its been a short week for me here.

Chelby - you look great. I can't say donuts are a passion with me I get heartburn when I have one.
Cottage - enjoy your Friday, you have long days sometimes. So happy your mother is doing well.
Ruth - glad everything worked out well with the computer at the Mill.
Cyndi - good idea to have a success list. I am getting closer to my goal and maintenance scares me.
Jenn - what happened to old fashion doodling
Bea - your still going great.

me - so I knew that my overnight guest will be coming in around 7:30 p.m. and I made a jambalaya in the crockpot. What I didn't know was that he had allergies to shrimp. The only other thing I had in the fridge was turkey breast and not even good lettuce. So it was a turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese and pickle. Dessert was baked apple with some anise biscotti. Lesson learned asked it there are any allergies. Will talk to you again when I get back from Montreal.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 90.6/70.6/55

Height: 165

Hi Sophie...I think your guest could have mentioned his allergy as well. Don't take all the blame! Your dinner sounds delicious...

Also, my real name is Sophie as well
Old 10-27-2011, 09:27 AM   #12  
sophie

messy - so funny, my real name is Stephanie but there was one here when I signed on so I used my middle name, but I really like Sophie.
take care
Sophie/Stephanie
Old 10-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #13  
Chrisinct

S/C/G: 224/165/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning Beachers! I've been MIA for a while and need to refocus once again. I lost my job about a month ago and it has been a tough adjustment. My boss lost a huge account which accounted for over 55% of his business. Needless to say, the last people hired were the first people let go.
I haven't found a new job yet and am seriously condsidering selling antiques on E-Bay. My husband has collected many items over the years and is willing to part with them for the sake of our bank account!
Weight has been hovering around 180, so it's time to buckle down and stop my visits to the pantry. I refuse to gain all the weight back. I'm making a big pot of chicken soup with brown rice today, just what this rainy day needs to brighten it up!!
Enjoy your Thursday and stay well.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #14  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Morning ladies! Hello Stephanie from another Stephanie

I am seriously so excited about this plan and the fact that it is so much easier than I anticipated! Of course I am super excited for phase 2 but I am staying strong and doing good and reading up lots!

Has anyone here done this plan throughout a pregnancy? Just curious since we hope to be preggo SOON!
Old 10-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #15  
Staying focused

S/C/G: 271/246/188

Height: 5'7"

Good morning all!

I am officially done with Phase 1! Down 14 pounds with only two small cheats on day 13...1 sweet pickle from a salad bar (it was soooo sweet!) and a Vodka and Soda. I was at a dinner meeting and just couldn't resist.

I will probably be on Phase 1 a little longer, no time to go to the grocery store and no good carbs in the house! I am so looking forward to adding an apple to my lunch. I am also hoping that breakfast sandiwiches with a whole wheat english muffin, egg white, canadian bacon and baby spinach (wow that sounds international!) works for me without causing any cravings. I will add carbs in one at a time to see what works!

Dreading a meeting I have to go to this afternoon. Won't be able to drink all my water today (no bathroom break from 2 til 6!).

I may have to celebrate P2D1 with a small glass of red wine...we'll see how good (or bad!) this meeting goes!
Closed Thread