Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 05:45 AM   #1  

Default Time for Serious Fun #10

Time for SERIOUS FUN #10

Welcome to Time for SERIOUS FUN…..We are a group of people trying to lose weight together and help each other along the way. There is only one rule on this thread, and it is if you are not willing to help yourself along the way or help others on this thread we don’t want to hear you WHINE everyday, we like to keep a positive attitude. Some whining is expected, lol, we are only human. Other than that we love to talk about every subject under the sun. Please feel free to pull up a chair and a keyboard and join us on our journey. Every day of the week we have a little beginning to the day to start us off, for example…..Monday would be Mission Monday……you have some sort of mission to complete in your life for that day or longer totally up to you. Faye is in charge of what day it is and what we are doing, so look for her post if you are interested.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:56 AM   #2  

THURSDAY: Today is time for us Thursday. Be sure and make some time for yourself today!

Adding to our time for us, will be a point challenge. You get one point for drinking water, one point for exercise and two points for on program. Feel free to post once a week on Thurs or everyday how many points you have for that day. For example: If I only did exercise and didn't drink enough water nor stayed on program, I would get 1 point for Thurs. Sometimes, it helps to be accountable and I feel I could use this right now! So any who want may join in!

Seeing as how no one is posting and we were dropping off the face of the earth, I started a new thread.

I have a feeling that people are lurking and not posting because they are having a bad time of it and don't want to come here. I hope that is not true. It is really important to keep positive about this instead of letting it get you down. I hope all you ladies that are reading and not posting understand that!

To everyone else, good morning. Hope all is well with you. Even if I have to talk to myself, I am going to keep posting. I truly believe you can accomplish more by a good attitude than bad. I have been having several tough weeks but I am not going to let that get me down. I am determined to get this weight off! I am still improving my health staying active with my pool workout everyday and it shows even when my food choices are poor.

Please say a little prayer for a close friend of mine, Becky and her family whose father is having triple bypass heart surgery this AM. He has had 3 angioplasties in recent months and when they went in to do another yesterday found the 3 blockages. He has no other health problems, but he is an older gentleman.

You ladies have a great day!

Faye PS: I WOULD LIKE TO THANK SANDI FROM THE 100 LB CLUB FOR THE IDEA!

Last edited by gma22; 07-10-2003 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:18 AM   #3  

I'm here Faye, not as much as I would like to be, but I'm here.
Posting has been slow and I just don't understand why? I guess summer time is busy for everyone?

Time for me Thursday....hummmm.....well first I need to go to work and do my regular stuff then we will work on the time for me. I need some of that. I feel like I'm going on overload lately. Actually my sil and I are going shopping after work tomorrow. We need to hit Sears and payless and try to find the boys (our sons) something nice to wear to the wedding on Saturday. It's an outdoor wedding and I just caught the weather report and it's supposed to be nice and cool well 70's and no muggies that day, so that will be great!!!

I'm having computer issues at work so I have to go in and deal with that this morning....it keeps telling me system resources are really low? But when I check them I have like 77% free? I will take any advise on this.....

gonna run now....hugs to all...
Peek
Old 07-10-2003, 08:00 AM   #4  

Default Happy Thursday!

Faye, and Barb: Good morning.....

Faye you are so right about the positive attitude, I am finding myself replacing all of those "old negative tapes" with positive ones, and it is getting easier!

Yesterday a good thing happened! I went shopping at Catherines. I have a wedding to go to in October, and usually dread the shopping experience, but they have beautiful things there and I really found myself getting excited again about picking out something new to wear...before it was such an effort and I usually just bought what I absolutely had to have. (not trying anything on, because it was usually the biggest thing in there) Anyway...I bought a really pretty blouse, creme colored with see through sleeves (a shell) and it cost me $11.19 !!!!!
It was regularly 35.00, marked down to 27.99 then take an additional 50% off that, except when the store clerk rang it up, it was just 11.19. I look forward to going back at the end of this month and buying the rest of the outfit, new undergarments and all the accessories. I hate having my picture taken, but this will be an "occasion", so I will submit one here. The blouse fit nicely, which is great, but, by October it should be exactly right!

I will ck in later...have a good day...
Old 07-10-2003, 08:20 AM   #5  

Pam: Yeah for you! I sobbed right in the store the first thing I bought that was a smaller size! I can't wait to see you in the whole outfit!

Three Cheers for Pam!

I was telling Peek this morning that I was fooling around with some pics and took one that was taken Christmas Eve and one I took about 2 weeks ago and lined them up on a word document together and printed them out. It isn't even a full body, just face, but it is pretty dramatic. I am going to put it up on my Fridge to inspire me to do better! I have gotten mega sloppy with my eating giving myself excuses because we were traveling and then the holiday, but I must face the challenge of getting this next 30 lbs off! With that said, I am going to add something to Thursday's time for us that I saw on another thread. Anyone who wishes may participate or not, it is your choice. I think it will help me to stay on the straight and narrow again.

Faye PLEASE CHECK OUT MY TIME FOR US POST AT THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD FOR DETAILS ON THE POINTS CHALLENGE!

Last edited by gma22; 07-10-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:43 AM   #6  

Faye,

I like the idea of points for water and exercise...the water part will be easy, I am up to about 10 glasses per day, I have really flushed out the old kidneys!! Feeling good though, I was very dehydrated before! I spend a lot of time in the bathroom, sounds like I am not the only one here that does though. This over 40 bladder of mine doesn't help either.

Wanted to add another good thing I did for me yesterday..I went out to lunch with my neice to Applebee's and had the appetizer Chicken Quesadilla (low fat made with grilled chicken, grilled baby veggies, and low fat cilantro sauce), on wheat flour tortilla. There were 6 wedges. I also got the tomato basil soup without the Parmesan cheese (I LOVE CHEESE, WISH I DIDN'T), and croutons, I had them leave those off. I ate 3 of the quesadillas, and a portion of the soup, and brought the other portions home for my dinner. A big deal for me! There are not too many places you can go an make lighter choices, but they have several items on the menu that are. You may want to ck it out. I will take a look at the water/exercise challenge. Well got to go have my breakfast, the old stomach is growling, actual hunger pains too wow!!

Check in later...
Old 07-10-2003, 10:17 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Morning everyone. TIme for me............ I slept in this morning. DS got up at 630 and I stayed in bed til 730. So that was my time. I will report in on the points tomorrow. TIme is short today, have to run to wally world before work. FUN FUN FUN

sandy
Old 07-10-2003, 11:36 AM   #8  

Default having a problem following directions!

Girls,

Sorry I posted on 9, I am determined to get the swing of this yet!! I did it even after having posted on this one twice today already duh!!!

Sooooooooo..I am being redundant here....I finished my 3rd day of the WATP tape. I made it to the end of the 15 mins with only a 30 second break for water and to sit an catch my breath. Better than yesterday and even better than the day before.

Talk to you tomorrow morning ladies! Take care of yourselves
Old 07-10-2003, 01:31 PM   #9  

Ahhh...Time for Us Thursday.

The cat brats actually let me sleep in this morning; not only that, when I did get up, the house was actually intact. No throw rugs in balls scattered everywhere and no cat toys spread all over to be stepped on ! Now that is a great morning!

It was also a pleasant one to get in a walk and weed the flower bed. The rent rebate check came, as well as a call from db that his parents want to meet me .
Old 07-10-2003, 02:17 PM   #10  
Soon-to-be Sexy Lady

OK howdy all...how is everyone doing? I am over here just about dead to the world. I finished my second day in a row at the gym and today we're shooting for #3. I'm going with a co-worker so it definitely helps to have a partner in crime. We met with the trainer on Tuesday and now we are meeting with her again tonight...so it's gonna be a TOUGH nite. But I'll do it.

So I'm good with exercise. I've also pretty much eliminated snacking. I'm very proud of that. I need to just eek out a bit more water and I'll be good to go. Let me just say that I am SOOOOO sore from the gym. My arms, shoulders, etc HURT. Heh, but it's a good hurt at least.

My trainer said to shoot for 20-40 min of cardio. We did cardio the first day and 10 min killed... yesterday was 15 and it wasn't so bad...today we'll shot for 20 min. But of course that is after my serious rep weight training. Oh well..we'll see what we can do!

I'll check back in later girlies! Keep up the good work.
Over and out!
Missy
Old 07-10-2003, 02:46 PM   #11  

THIS IS FOR ALL YOU LADIES WHO ARE GETTING IN THAT EXERCISE AND ARE REALLY WORKING TO STAY ON PROGRAM AND DRINK THAT OLE WATER! I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!

So far water is good, did my workout in the pool ,rain and all, and am on track for food. I am kind of hungry so am going to go and get a small snack, apple or something to hold me til dinner.

I have really worked on the kitchen today getting everything straightened out and the new pegs put in for the shelves. I have rearranged most of the kitchen, which will drive dh mad, but he will adapt! I started tossing junk (3 black trash bags full) of craft stuff I have been holding on to knowing I will never go back to it, and dumped a bunch of single recipes that I never look at and neatened up my two recipe shelves. I never realized how many cookbooks I have. I bet I have 50 and at least 20 are low fat cooking ones. I just won a BBQ cookbook signed my Al Roker a few weeks ago. The stuff looks good, but if HE eats it, that surgery ain't a gonna last long cause the stuff is ALL fattening!

Well, I still have things I want to accomplish today so better get back to it!

Faye
Old 07-10-2003, 03:05 PM   #12  
It is what it is...

Angry Good afternoon

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a great day....
for some me time today I am going to take a long, quiet bath
and forget about all my house cleaning waiting to be done...
side note...thanks Faye for all the advice with that, it made sense and I will try it....

I think I can handle the new points system, I already drink a ton of water, I have been doing great on staying on my plan, and I have been exercising, but not as much as I need to...
I need someone to give me some advice on what to do to tighten up the stomach fat...any suggestions? Good ol' situps?

Well everyone have a good day, talk to you later...

Carri
( Satine )
Old 07-10-2003, 05:31 PM   #13  

Hey Carri: Glad I could help! My schedule used to be horrific (up at 5 am, leave at 6 take dh to work go to work, take lunch at 2:30 and go get dh and then he would come and get me at 5 pm) this made for a really long day. The only way I could handle keeping the house clean was with that system. Otherwise I would leave it for the weekend and then not do it because I was either too tired or didn't want to spend the weekend cleaning! Glad to hear you are staying the course!

I am done with dinner and can have one small snack. I got my water in and my workout so should get my full points tomorrow unless I fall off the wagon tonight and don't think that will happen.

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my friend's dad. She e-mailed me and said he ended up having quadruplebypass but came through it fine and is in ICU.

I hope everyone has a great evening. DH and I are in a slump because the Cubs got their butt beat big time this afternoon!

Faye
Old 07-11-2003, 06:32 AM   #14  

FRIDAY: Fabulous down the lbs Friday. How'd we do this week girls? Don't forget to give us your points if you are participating in that!

Good Morning!

I haven't weighed though I had already put on some lbs so probably haven't taken them back off yet. My points are a different matter.

Thurs: water 1
exercise 1
program 2

Yahoo, I stayed on everything yesterday! I knew if I had to be reporting to you girlies I would. Thanks for being the EVIL eye!

I will check back in later and post when you all seem to be up and around!

Faye
Old 07-11-2003, 08:30 AM   #15  
It is what it is...

Default Morning

Morning to all, to Faye, who seems to be the only one up this early....

I believe that I had just 3 points for yesterday, I did not exercise but as I said in previous threads, my Aunt Flo is visisting and I do not feel much like exercising during that time, cramps, bloating, etc...you all know the drill...

My question this morning is how much water drinking gets a point? How much should I be drinking? I think I am getting about
40-48 oz roughly a day, it probably should be around 64 oz right?

YEAH!!!!!!!!! it is Friday, the last day of the loooooooonnnnggg
workweek ( for me anyway )....cant wait to sleep in tomorrow, I get pretty lazy on the weekends...well I hope you all have a great weekend and stay on course!!!

Carri
Closed Thread