South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wednesday's SBD Chat for 10/26

Happy Hump Day! It seems I was just moaning about it being Monday, and here it is Wednesday already!

A local weather station had their map wrong and had a blizzard heading our way today. They realized their mistake later, but the map was up long enough to stir some excitement. Many trees around here haven't even started to change color yet.

I'll be spending my morning at Susie's, and this afternoon Cindy and I plan to start setting up and decorating the hayloft for the girl's Halloween party this weekend. They want us to construct a tunnel maze with the hay bales. And as Maggie instructed, she wants it scary but not too scary.
Old 10-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Yay Wednesday!

Good Morning, Linda. Auston wants to go to a 'hunted' house. I told him he was going to have to ask his Aunt Lynne, because I don't like being scared!

I had to do a quick, but substantial, grocery shop after dinner last night. Auston wanted to go. I was reminded quickly why I leave him at home while I shop. He has lots of wants and needs, AND he wants to drive the buggy. He scares me to death! I held on to the end of the buggy as we drove down the wine aisle.

I've made Dunkin Donuts Hazelnut coffee. It's my favorite. Want some?
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM   #3  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

Morning ladies! I am so happy phase 1 is going smoother than I could have even hoped! YAY! I can do this!!! Looks like I am down a pound or so already so I am excited for my first weigh in on the wii on Sunday. I have been too lazy to change my ticker yet but my official starting weight is actually 178 (saw 176.8 on scale so far this morning yay!)

I spent ALL day yesterday working on homework and will come home from work tonight have dinner and finish said homework up to turn in tonight blahhhhh. Anyone else here in school? If so for what? I am currently in an online Grad School program for my Masters in Professional Counseling. At least I find the material interesting but still I highly will suggest people get schooling done before having jobs and families LOL!

Cottage: the halloween party sounds like it will be lots of fun! And LOL on the wrong weather report hahahahahah

Mmmm hazlenut does sound good this morning! I think I will go with my folgers that is pre-made at work for me though with some splenda hahaha.....

And yeah you won't get me in a haunted house either no way no how!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:04 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It's snowing here and I'm getting ready to head into work. Fortunately, it's only a five minute drive. I didn't get to bed until late so it should be interesting. Food is OP these days and I'm grateful. In the two days I've worked I haven't had one bite of restaurant food. That's a blessing since everyone else seems to nibble on stuff all day. When I get home we just have an early dinner since I miss the lunch hour. Yay for a green smoothie that carries me through.

Linda, it's a good thing they changed the weather map. I hope you have fun making the hayloft scary but not too scary.

Chelby, I'm imagining Auston in charge of the cart.

pear fairy, you must be very busy between school and work. Glad P1 is going well for you.

Well, have a great day everyone! I'd best get that smoothie going.

Last edited by Lexxiss; 10-26-2011 at 07:08 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning early posters We've been up but I'm moving slowly. Our power went out soon after I went to sleep last night and the clever battery back-up woke me up with it's beeping. Guess it wanted to let me know the power was off

Cottage - we will not speak of white stuff that falls from the air. It's in our forecast, though not to stay. I am not ready to see it. I might just put up curtains and refuse to look outside until it goes away.

Chel - Kids and grocery shopping I have enough trouble sticking to a list when I'm alone

Steph - welcome to the Daily I'm thinking about going back to school but it's been a very long time for me. Congratulations on your success so far.

Today looks a lot like yesterday - work on conference, clean the house, run some errands. Found out last night a good friend has viral meningitis so I'm going to run some soup and homemade applesauce to her house. I'm dropping it on her porch though, not visiting. Normally I don't worry because I have super immunity (comes from 25+ years working in child care and with child care programs) but with DW's surgery around the corner I can't risk bringing anything extra home.

Happy Hump Day Beachers

ETA - Good mornng Debbie. Hope it's a successful and not too exhausting shift at work. PS - you wrote the horrible word!

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-26-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. I'm sipping President's Choice dark roast as we chat. It's cold today at 41F but no snow. There is supposed to be a killing frost tonight and I need to nag my neighbour to bring in the pump from the garden well before it freezes and cracks.

Cottage, I wish I could help with the maze construction. What a good idea for a Hallowe'en party! Too bad you can't just use the loft in my barn. It's pretty scary.

Michelle, isn't shopping with kids fun? I hated it with my two but, as a single parent, had no choice. When they got older, I gave them each a list.

Pear Fairy, yes, there is a reason to finish school when you are younger. It is, however, amazing how we can balance family and school. Keep on truckin'.

Lexxis, Bravo for avoiding the work food yesterday! For me, it would depend on the menu. I'd be a goner in a Chinese restaurant.

Cyndi, I'm sure your friend will appreciate the home cooking and fully understand your not coming in. Yes, you must be extra careful not to compromise Julie's health.

Bless me sisters for I have sinned. Never, ever decide to buy H. candy a week before the day! I'm sure the Bulk Barn would still have had lots at the end of the week! Anyhow, it's absolutely pure eating now as I need to get that darned ticker out of time-out.

Yesterday was a disaster of a day since the PC in the Mill Office died and a lot of the curators' important stuff died with it. Aside from the major problem of not doing backups, GRRRRRR, the email was absolutely plugged since they never cleared out the deleted basket! Our computer guru and I spent several hours at her shop yesterday, trying to solve the problem. The drive is so constipated, we can't even delete much less copy the data elsewhere. After that I went to town and bought stuff at Staples and Bulk Barn. (See the connection?)

Today just has to be better and I will "Make it so"! No Hump Day is going to beat me.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning!

Cottage - if my DH saw that weather forecast, he would've gotten all excited, ripping out the snow blower for use!!

Chelby - you keep teasing about the hazelnut coffee! Might be a wee bit cheaper to run to DD then to fly down there to visit. heck of a lot more fun to visit though!

Steph - congrats on day 1...that's the hardest one!! I agree, I can't imagine studying with children.

Debbie - I would love to be there when it snows, I bet it's beautiful!!

Cyndi - sounds pretty wise to not come in contact with your friend. How has Julie been feeling?

I went to bed at 9 pm last night, so I am much more refreshed today! Started crashing yesterday afternoon, almost became a blubbering idiot. I'm sitting here making my grocery list, hopefully I'll think of some yummy stuff to have so I can clean up my eating. It's becoming cold season, so I need to overdose on my blueberries!!!

shoot - kids just got on bus, need to go to the store before work!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Ruth, you poor girl! That computer crash sounds pretty disastrous! Candy doesn't help though, as you well know. The problems will still be there long after that candy is gone, unfortunately. Here's to a much, much better day and getting over the Hump.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Linda - Better a fake blizzard than a real one!

Chelby - I got a kick out of you calling it a buggy. I've never heard that before.

Steph - Yay!

Debbie - Snow?! That reminds me to check the forecast for LA.

Cyndi - I think you are smart to avoid any risk with germs. Nice of you to bring the food by.

Ruth - I want a killing frost! Bummer about the PC.

Twynn - I miss the summer berries. The ones here are just not great.

I'm off to the gym soon to workout with my mom since I'll be gone on our regular Friday. It's hard for me to eat this early. Tomorrow we'll leave the house around 5am for the airport and our trip to visit the teen in LA. I'll try to check in sometime while I'm there. We are taking our new tablet instead of the laptop, so it won't be quite as easy to type. But much lighter and smaller to pack! Okay... gotta run and eat now...
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM   #10  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

good morning,

ugh, an unexpected overnight guest today. Have to clean the guest room, clean sheets, etc. decide what to cook. Ruth, I haven't checked our weather here yet but will bring in my herbs.
Have a good one everyone, by the way the scale was very kind to me today but will wait a few days before changing ticker.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I've been saying I was going to come back to the daily chat when I'm ready to get back on the beach, but it's probably better for me to just jump in now because you ladies have always inspired me to take better care of myself!

Linda: The haunted maze sounds like a lot of fun! It's so nice to read about your adventures with the girls again.

Chelby: Leilani is sleeping through all of our shopping trips still, so I'm savoring them because I know the days when she declares her "needs" at the grocery store are closer than I think. Hazelnut coffee sounds delish...oh how I miss coffee!!

Pear_fairy: WTG on a great Day 1! It's sometimes hard to get through P1, but definitely worth it. You definitely have more time for school pre-family, but I think that non-traditional students who have careers and families are more focused and more determined to do well.

Debbie: I agree with Twynn! It must be beautiful where you are! (Although I'd rather just see pictures for now...we're not ready for the cold this year.) My workmates are grazers, too, and it definitely makes it harder to stay OP! WTG!

Cyndi: I hope your friend feels better and I know the homemade treats will be greatly appreciated! Thinking of you & DW as her surgery approaches!

Ruth: Jason and I fell into the same trap. We bought the Halloween chocolate a week ago and I'm sad to say that it's almost all gone. We bought some less-appetizing hard candy as a replacement to avoid the temptation. Sorry to hear about the mill computer crash! Computer maintenance is worth the hassle considering the alternative.

Twynn: Wow! Heading to bed at 9 pm must have felt lovely after your tired day!

WaistingTime: I know how you feel about breakfast. A lot of times I have to force myself to eat and especially to eat something healthy. Have fun in LA!

Sophie: Yuck--unexpected overnight guests simply aren't allowed at our house. We're lucky, though, because we have the baby as an excuse now. I hope the visit isn't too much of an interruption for you!

Last night was a pretty good night. Leilani slept from 12 - 6 am, which is great. Jason is the one who stays up late with her since I have to get up in the middle of the night to pump. It's rough but SO worth it to know she's getting breast milk exclusively! I do have to admit that I miss my morning coffee, especially as the weather is starting to cool. Caffeine really affects her, but from what I understand they tend to outgrow that fairly quickly, so maybe I'll be able to enjoy a cup or two starting in December.

Tonight's my night "off" from baby duty. I still have to nurse her and pump if she doesn't empty me, of course, but in between that, Daddy's on deck. We alternate nights off throughout the week and share the duties on the weekend. I'll get a walk in tonight and get some laundry and minor house cleaning done. Oh what fun! But, if I do it now, we have more time as a family over the weekend.

Well, I need to get started with the day's work tasks. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #12  
Just wanna lose!

S/C/G: 177/177/150

Height: 5'2

LOL ladies I am not on day one I am on day 4 now I put I was happy PHASE one was going well

Of course I have ran into hiccups...dressing was a bit too high in sugar on day one, had altoids on day 2 without thinking about it, and now last night did the sf ff pudding mix in my plain yogurt which I now have read it is for phase 2 not 1....oy vey hahhaha! I am doing good overall though and amazed that I am not having more cravings for the white stuff!

Ok and I have heard some areas are getting snow already gulp....I am in Michigan and I am NOT ready for snow yet!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:15 PM   #13  

Good Morning, or afternoon! Quick stop in, but SNOWWW!! Winter is my absolute favorite season ever, so I'm delighted!! Supposed to snow until 8 tonight, and I'm ready!!
Old 10-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #14  

Good Afternoon, it seems like I have been waiting for this day to end forever, two more days til the weekend and vacation for me.

Question, is it possible for someone not to be able to eat carbs in the am. I tried a fried egg with brown rice this morning at 5 am, and I have to tell you I was hungry by 9:30. I have been trying to add good carbs back. I ended up with a migraine headache today and so I got home and I had a 1/2 cup steel cut oats with skim milk.

Am I doing too many carbs of this type for one day. In the past they always made me hungry for no reason.

OH! and please don't send any Snow to WI.

Chickadee
Old 10-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #15  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

It's definitely possible that you can't have grains in the morning, at least not now. I had the same issue when I added oatmeal early on. I was starving and I had the munchies mid-afternoon, always my toughest time. I still find that I do better with a high protein breakfast though a good green smoothie with Greek yogurt usually works for me in the summer. That's why some of us recommend starting with one added food at a time, it gives you a chance to figure out what works best for your body. Sounds like you're paying attention to the signals
Closed Thread