South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:23 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Weekend Chat - Oct. 22 & 23

Good very early morning. It's a cold morning too at 34ºF but it's not raining for a change.

Felt really cruddy last night and opted out of Book Club which shocked my friends. Realized it was probably a reaction to the flu shot I had on Wednesday. It happens every year and I forget about that side effect every year too! It sure felt good to head for bed around nine.

My baking for today's sale is loaded into the car trunk ready to roll for the afternoon sale and tea. Darn Quilting Biddies decided to have a lunch get together before the afternoon event which sort of throws my schedule. At least they remembered to invite me - this is a rather closed group and I'm still a bit of an outsider after three years working with them.

Hey! The world didn't end yesterday as planned! I guess I'll get back OP.

Happy Saturday, Beachies.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Morning!

We're not too far behind you this morning, Ruth; we're hovering around 38*. It's supposed to warm up to 65 by noon, though, and our trees aren't even at their peak color yet.

I'm glad I didn't go to DQ yesterday, afterall, and indulge in that Pumpkin Pie Blizzard that's been trying to lure me all week. I made some pumpkin chia pudding, instead, and it was very satisfying.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Slept in a little catching up after a stretch of insomnia last night. I'm just glad i had a good book to read.

Ruth - Another full Saturday for you Hope the lunch is fun.

Cottage - We are definitely past peak now. Thanks for the reminder, I'm going to set-up some pumpkin chia pudding for later today. It's perfect weather for it.

We are supposed to get a freeze tonight. If we do it will actually be our first killing frost. We've had spots of it around but so far it missed us. I took everything out already but it's been nice getting some late produce from some of the local farms.

I'm going to mulch the maple leaves and finish putting the garden to bed. That will just leave the kale bed which I will leave and clean out next spring (maybe, I actually had some really good kale that regrew this year). Maybe I'll mulch around the kale trees too, to encourage them to keep producing

We spent more time with the dead computer yesterday. On a whim I unplugged the keyboard and plugged another one in. Turns out that caused this series of problems. Still can't boot because something went wrong but I'm pretty sure the hard drives aren't ruined. That's good news. Now we can get the data off. I'm sure the keyboard problem is part of a failing mother board so I'm still not putting money into repairs.
I need to make a decision about a computer and get a new one set-up. Maybe there will be something promising in the weekend ads.

My cup is empty, time for a refill. Happy Saturday friends

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-22-2011 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning!

Jenn - I'm with ya! Bad eating week for me and now that I have nothing on the calendar to derail me, I am going to cut out grains and fruit again until I leave town myself, on Thursday.

Ruth - How's your arm? Mine always hurts for days. I'm going to try to take my teen for his shot when we are out there next weekend.

Linda - Oh, DQ. Never heard of that one but it sounds yummy. Good for you!

Cyndi - Good luck with your computer. I am so unknowledgeable about all stuff techy and rely heavily on my husband. Not sure if our frost this week killed the ragweed or not. I stopped my allergy meds and was certainly feeling my nose yesterday

I have very little on tap this weekend. And am happy for that since I need to do some OP cooking to stock up on some leftovers, and lots of exercising. DH is having company over to watch a game today and they'll be eating chips and pizza. I'll be as far away as I can be! His "junk" has been very tempting lately. Life would be easier and I would be thinner if he would join me on the beach.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:08 AM   #5  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in and now I'm on the run! Thank goodness for comfy shoes! Bing got in something stinky yesterday while I was away so I've been washing bedding. He's sleeping next to me unaware that it's going to be his turn very soon. Off to breakfast with mom and I'm dressed to work hoping it will be super busy and they might need me. My sis comes next week and I'm going to need extra $$.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started! Have fun today!

Linda, good for you choosing your own pumpkin concoction!

Cyndi, I'm leaving my chard trees in hoping for reseeding.

Karen, good for you deciding to stay away from the snackfest!

Ok, better pop Bing in the bath.

to everyone who shows up later!
Old 10-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chicks!

I got a whopping 11 hours of sleep last night. I feel like a new woman! DW thought I might be dying as 9:30 is SUPER early for me but my body told me something, and so I listened! I woke up to hundreds of people in the park next door for a track meet though. Bullhorns and speakers? Not a good way to wake up.

Going through the threads now and making a list for food then going to get some new sneakers and food shopping. I haven't been able to exercise b/c my sneakers are falling apart and hurt my feet. So two pairs it is (had to skip a bill payment in order to get the $ but I am putting myself first!) Soooooo excited for veggies! Forgot to weigh in this morning before my water and breakfast so will have to do that tomorrow. Meeting some girls for lunch - Mexican restaurant so I have to scope out the menu and decide what I am going to eat.

Ruth - Have a good day! Hope you got rest.
Cottage - Is the recipe on here? May need to make some myself!
Cyndi - fingers crossed for good sales!
Karen - what are YOU making? Maybe I can get some ideas!
Debbie - What kind of shoes do you have? I need some!
Old 10-22-2011, 10:57 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jenn, here's the link for the pumpkin chia pudding recipe -

http://ohsheglows.com/2011/10/14/pum...dding-parfait/,

I really liked it. I have to admit that I did crush some gingersnaps into it, though.
Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - Enjoy breakfast. Hope you get to work today.

Jenn - I'm making this soup (has carrots) and this "sloppy joe" recipe (which is not SB in theory because of the sauce but it doesn't trigger me and the veggies are high and calories are low) and then cauliflower pizza (for the first time). That's as far as I've gotten and all I have supplies for in the house. Guess more shopping is in order.

So... our nephew showed up early to watch the game and brought pumpkin muffins. More temptation to avoid This is going to be a long day.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:32 PM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Debbie - What kind of shoes do you have? I need some!
Jenn, I stay away from the take off's and go for the real thing. It makes such a difference for me! I'm wearing a basic black pair of Ecos right now, I also have a basic black pair of Rockports. Both look nice and I wouldn't have a problem wearing them with dress slacks. My outdoor shoes are Keen and Merrill and they've been really comfy, too. I can actually waitress in my Dansko clogs, believe it or not.
~glad you got some rest and good luck shopping!

Karen, oh, no, pumpkin muffins! Come to my house-we can clean for exercise and there's no bad food!
Old 10-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Got back on Thursday night, yesterday did grocery shopping and laundry all day. Today took DD1 and DD2 to Ortho this morning, did a little bit of cleaning and then we are off to Fright Fest at Six Flags.

It was nice to have a break away from everything.

Cottage good for you avoiding DQ.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:14 PM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Debbie - I got some Merrill's for work. Marshall's had them on sale for $50. Then I got some running sneakers at Sports Authority. I like Nike but am trying New Balance.

Karen - I am making the cauliflower pizza for dinner! Looking forward to it!!!

A nap is in order, then the gym!
Old 10-22-2011, 06:56 PM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Debbie - I got some Merrill's for work. Marshall's had them on sale for $50. Then I got some running sneakers at Sports Authority. I like Nike but am trying New Balance.
Nice! NB used to be my favorite running shoes then I started getting multi-functioning ones...I'd forgotten how comfortable they are!
Old 10-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #13  

Hello all!

Sounds like everyone is having a good weekend. Nice warm day in Colorado today, I'm absolutely loving the fall colors!! I went shoe shopping as well today, DSW for wedding shoes. I'm looking for teal or white and found neither that I liked, guess I'll have to look online (considering I have a coupon). Fiancee and I also went apartment hunting today, hooray! This will be my first time "on my own" considering I'll be moving out of my mom's house after the wedding. I think we found "the one", and I can't wait! Will hopefully sign everything this upcoming week!
Old 10-23-2011, 02:20 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 90.6/70.6/55

Height: 165

Hello everyone...

Trying to build motivation to write my last assignment for the semester. Might force myself to do some cooking for next week, before my father turns up and takes over the kitchen. He is actually visiting from the states (ex-pat who lives in Illinois) and the last time we saw each other "in the flesh" was when I graduated.

Cyndii - I'm having computer problems as well. My computer has now become a large paperweight and is completely unresponsive to my various attempts to get it started (i.e. prodding and cursing).

Jenne - I've actually got an entire head of cauliflower in the fridge. I've been putting off mashing it into faux mashed potato because one of the things that has been helping me in this diet is the idea I can have "I can't believe its not mashed potato". I'm not game enough to actually try it though, because if I do and it just tastes likes mashed cauliflower, that illusion is going to be destroyed Yep. Unassailable logic there alright.

I might save some cauliflower for a pizza base though when I make this soup.

Pearlrose - Your day sounds ideal. I take it Six Flags is a theme park? I'm looking forward to having some time off in a few days.

All this talk of shoes has made me think about getting a new pair for exercising...
Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 AM   #15  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Default Sunday

Good Morning

I'm managing insomnia this morning, a bit excited since I get to go in to work this morning. Kirk mentioned it will busy after church...oh, yeah, $$. I had completely forgotten my monthly report for the dog rescue group so that's done. Now I think I can get several more hours of snooze time. Have a great Sunday everyone!

messycrayola, I hope your assignment is getting finished. As to the faux mashed potatoes, my DH couldn't tell the difference and now requests them instead of the real thing. I don't think they're great reheated so I try to make what we're going to eat and add the leftovers to soup.

boriqua, yes, it's sure been nice, but the wind is howling here right now. I'm sure you've heard, definite snow for Wednesday the only question is how much. Oh, well. I've loved my walks this fall.

Pearlrose, how was the Fright Fest?
Closed Thread