South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #1  
I think I can...

Default I've been having some great food!

It amazes me that the recipes (many of which I have gotten from the recipe forum on this site) are just so good and satisfying.
Cauliflower crust
Deep Dish Pizza
Eggplant lasagna
Milkshake!!!

I wish that I had discovered SBD years ago.
Anyone else amazed at the food you are eating and the amount of weight you still lose?
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5' 5"

Yes!!! I feel the same way. Who woulda thunk?!? Just last night I was telling my DH (as he was heating up canned chicken noodle soup for dinner) how he could have much better food that was low in calories and would taste much better than condensed soup! He is stuck in the rut of not wanting to count calories on a bunch of stuff. So, he goes with pre-packaged stuff like lean cuisines and what not cause he can easily see how many calories are in it. I'm working on him though. I was adding up calories for a yummy piece of chicken with some steamed/roasted veggies on the side....I think it really got him thinking as he was staring down into his bowl of plain, boring chicken noodle soup...ha ha

I eat WAY better than my DH!!! He doesn't want to hop on the SBD wagon with me quite yet..maybe soon though, once he really realizes how yummy my food is compared to his
jyoyo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:36 PM   #3  

I've been wanting a milkshake so bad, what recipe do you use mzkiki?
boriqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:55 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I'm Italian, I love cooking and I love food. I love this plan. I know it's not for everyone but it is perfect for me. Once you learn how to adapt recipes the sky is the limit. the more creative you are the more great recipes you will find. And yes, I do love a plate full of food. I've done the deprivation diets and they just aren't for me.

It's great to hear from other people who love it too
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #5  

This thread interests me, because I am suffering from boredum in the food department and I read in the SB book that is not good. I am on P2 so I need to add to my variety.

A Milk Shake sure sounds good. Yum
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:44 PM   #6  
I think I can...

Cyndi I so love to cook too! I can't imagine anyone choosing a lean cuisine over a fresh cooked delicious meal. My DH will eat anything, so I guess I'm lucky.
@ Boriqua the milkshake recipe sounds strange, but trust me it is soooo good!

1 cup milk (I used Almond Breeze)
1/2 teaspoon crystal light powder(trust me! i had fruit punch)
1 cup of ice
Sweetner of your choice if needed
Blend until thick and frothy.

I too thought it sounded strange but I really enjoyed it!
There are also plenty of shake recipes in the recipe forum. Many of them call for Ricotta, I'm not much of a Ricotta fan though.
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:17 PM   #7  

Thank you! Yes, I've read ricotta ones but am unwilling to try those, I'm not a fan either!

And I'm an Italian lover as well, but miss pasta. For me, Mexican is definitely my go-to, so many choices. Fajitas, green chili, refried beans, guacamole, salsa, tacos with no tortilla. MM!
boriqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:01 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

oh the eggplant lasagna is delicious!! I'm gonna make some tomorrow (when no one's home) and freeze it. I'm also going to try the squash deep dish pizza, it sounds so yummy.

I made a chocolate milkshake the other day. Just milk + ice + unsweetened cocoa powder + splenda. It's awesome how frothy it gets
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote