General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:59 PM   #1  

Question iPhone 4S--i'm getting one......

I finally decided to bite the bullet and get rid of the Samsung Hue (flip phone) I've had since around 2004. I thought that since I'm finally ready to upgrade (am I READY?--NO!!), I may as well get something "good."

My sister says I'll love it, but I'm nervous/excited about the upgrade. I know there will eventually be a new iPhone, and this one will be obsolete, but it won't be "as" obsolete as the flip phone I've had for 7+ years!

Any iPhone users here who absolutely love yours? Tell me good things so I won't be so afraid!!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #2  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

I don't have an iPhone but I'm getting one as soon as I have an upgrade (January)

I currently have a Droid Incredible and I'll tell ya, having a smartphone is really, really AWESOME.

Weight loss wise, it really helps. I can find calorie counts and nutritional information anywhere! Otherwise I just like to be connected 24/7
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #3  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

There will *always* be a new iPhone down the pike (well, there was when Steve Jobs was still at the helm ), but don't let that discourage you. It isn't as though your phone will suddenly be obsolete.

iPhones are awesome!! I had an LG Droid that I thought was great, but then I got the iPhone 4 and realized that all other smart phones are just trying to keep up with the iPhone. They really are so much better than anything else out there. I was a little nervous about the touch screen, but it's all so streamlined. You'll love it!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186.6/181.8/150

Height: 5'9"

I actually got the iPhone 4s. It's my first iPhone. I love it. So freaking much. Definitely recommend it. Siri is awesome.
ade903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I was an iPhone skeptic. Seriously, everyone around me was losing their minds and I was like...it's just a PHONE.

And then I got one and it changed my life. Maps while you're driving, your music, all kinds of apps - all at your fingertips. It replaced SO many devices. I can check my bank account from the checkout line. I can check calories on anything that has google-able nutrition info before I eat it. I can listen to podcasts while walking my dog, checking my email, and waiting for a phone call.

Seriously, life changing.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:07 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 252/see ticker/199

Height: 5'7"

I got a 3gs over the summer before the 4s was announced and my mom just upgraded her 3g to a 4 (non S version). There are differences between the upgraded models but it's not life altering. I personally wouldn't upgrade from a 4 to a 4s unless I was a seriously phone junkie and had extra money to burn.

That said, I really do like the iPhone. It's helpful in so many ways, more than I've probably even found at this point. I was worried initially about the cost of the data and going over but I'm almost always where wifi is available (work, home, school) so I really don't even use that much.
XLMuffnTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #7  
Suck it up, buttercup!

S/C/G: 237/165/165

Height: 5'8"

I had the iPhone 3GS and got the 4S now. LOVE it! I loved my 3GS dearly but the 4S is insane! Siri is so much fun!
josey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #8  

Well,

I wound up getting the 4 (no-S) because for the phone (16GB), an Otter Box, a car chager & an internet connection "stick" (not iPhone-related) the total price was $208.

I was blown away!

I think I will enjoy this phone (once I figure out how to use it!!)
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:56 AM   #9  

I heard there was an iphone 5 coming out soon. But i love my iphone 4.
Laydeitrippstuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:07 AM   #10  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laydeitrippstuh View Post
I heard there was an iphone 5 coming out soon. But i love my iphone 4.
Well, you know there is always a new one coming out. Nobody knows when and what so "soon" is relative. My guess is summer 2012 but it is only a guess and my guess is as good as anybodys because Apple won't announce it until they are about to release one.

Last edited by josey; 10-26-2011 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #11  
Pain Is Fuel

S/C/G: 180/176/118

Height: 5'5

If I were you I would wait to upgrade and just get the iphone 5 which will be out in the spring. When I called my provider he suggested that I wait the extra couple months because the Iphone 4S price would plummet as soon as the Iphone 5 comes out. He basically said putting the iphone 4s out was simply a way apple could make extra $.

On a better note, I have the iphone 3gs and I LOVE it! Simple and easy to use, perfect for my crazy texting addiction (seriously, I txt at least 2000 msgs a month) and I love being able to download new free games when I get bored of the ones I have! Would def recommend an iphone to anyone looking for a smartphone
Mimzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:47 PM   #12  
Suck it up, buttercup!

Again, there won't be any new iPhone until at least end of June next year. I follow Apple news for over 10 years and know their pattern pretty well. The 4S is sure not a quick fix to make money. Apple doesn't work like that. It is a very decent upgrade just like the 3GS was.
Apple is not releasing any news EVER until the product is about to ship. No provider knows anything until it is officially announced i.e. a couple of weeks before you hold it in your hands.

Last edited by josey; 10-27-2011 at 03:47 PM.