Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #1  
Long Time Member

Height: 5'6

Default Working for Onederland - 299's to 200's - Part 2

Please continue to work for Onederland here...
Old 10-11-2011, 10:44 PM   #2  

Sandi your new picture is fantastic - your face is so slim!!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

hi ladies...can i work to one-derland even if i am not into 299's yet???
Old 10-12-2011, 06:19 PM   #4  

Rainbow smiles of course you can!! Welcome.

Martini - habits of a lifetime are hard to eradicate entirely from our personalities. Food has obviously been your comfort ( mine too) for many years, and when things get really hard, we need to look after ourselves, and how do we do that? We eat.
I think, as we've said before, the big improvement for all our lives, is how aware we are of this, and our "binge" moments are few and far between.
The calories you've eaten are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, so don't beat yourself up too much, and focus on the changes we have made that enable us to stop at just one binge night! That is a massive change!!! To be able to dip down, recognise that, and pull out is brilliant!!

Last edited by MrsTee; 10-12-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:40 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

Well, Martini, I can help by praying with you / for you. You don't need advice here because you obviously have a handle on what happened and why it happened. I pray you will find a solution to an intolerable work environment soon.

Lin
Old 10-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #6  
Changing my life

S/C/G: '09HW337 '11SW 314.0/266.6/155

Height: 5' 6"

Rainbow - I'm working towards onderland as well, even if I haven't made it to the 200's yet!
Old 10-13-2011, 08:50 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 285/278/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi guys,

Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. My college fall break was this past weekend through yesterday and I didn't even open up my laptop! For me that is incredible because I am always on it. But with fall break also came home cooking and unhealthy foods. However, I did well I think. I wasn't expecting to be spot on with my diet but half of the time I was at or under the calories I should have eaten. The times I went over it wasn't drastically over. I never actually worked out, but I did work. And working in an ER keeps me walking my whole shift, so i counted it as exercise.

martini - My mom is going through a similar situation except it is her boss who is abusing her power. I was going to suggest finding someone at work who knows the situation where you can talk to them about it, but you have already I will be praying for your situation as well.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #8  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelm View Post
Rainbow - I'm working towards onderland as well, even if I haven't made it to the 200's yet!
omg...but you are soooooooooo close!!! i can't wait to celebrate this week!! you can do it!!! GO RACHAEL GO RACHAEL!!!
Old 10-13-2011, 01:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 377/350/180

Height: 6'0"

Massive loves all around, as usual, doing okay with working out, tonight is yoga, I'm not going to lie to myself if I make it to yoga thats good, and there is no point beating myself up about not then going to do cardio strength training. I do my 3 x aerobics I think I need to stick to twice a week yoga for a while before I demand more from that. Sore today from my step+sculpt class. If my friend wants to work out I'll go with her and do some light cardio on a bike or eliptical or something but i know energy wise just getting to do 5 days a week of SOMETHING is better than the 3 days a week i have comitted right now. Extra is bonus.

martini hope things are getting better. :0
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #10  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Personally I have having a very rough past week. Just general frustrations that I am letting get the better of me. I know what is happening I just need to find a better way of dealing with it than eating. It is also becoming very apparent that I need to get to bed earlier. That obviously is not helping.

Most of the frustration started shortly after school started again this year. Last year in early October my daughter got sick. What started out as a cold/sinus infection ended up turning into pneumonia. After two rounds of antibiotics, steroids, and a nebulizer we got rid of the pneumonia but the sinus infection persisted. The doctor we had been seeing tried to convince me she was still coughing for attention.

We switched docs and tried a variety of allergy medications, more steroids, and a different antibiotic. Her cough remained. We finally got a referral for an allergist who diagnosed a chronic sinus infection. He put her on nasonex/flonase and a 21 day course of yet another antibiotic. She then had an allergic reaction to that antibiotic and got put on another one. But we finally kicked the infection in January of this year. The allergist said to keep her on the flonase for the remainder of the school year.

School started this year and sure enough after the first week both kids had colds. A week later I started her back on the flonase. It is to late. The cough is back. I took her back to the doctor and she decided to start her back on the antibiotic that killed it last time. The insurance company refused to pay for the expensive antibiotic that worked unless she was on the cheaper one first. After fighting for 2.5 days with the pharmacy and doctor's office we agreed to try the cheaper antibiotic first. She is on day 7 of it and her cough has not yet improved at all.

So Monday morning I get to take her back to the doctor and figure out what to do next. I'm hopeful that we can get a referral back to the allergist/ENT to figure out what is going on with her so she isn't on numerous antibiotics again this fall.

So I need to remember that this is nothing life threatening or tragic and find a better way to cope.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:20 PM   #11  

Morning all ( all being a relative term lately..)

I am glad Martini that you are working your way through the issues that currently beset you. We all have periods in our live where we feel powerless, set upon, a bit squashed down and that life is just not FAIR!!!!
And if we can get through them with a minimum of damage to our new eating programme, the more the better! And you sound like you are doing fine in that regard! And yes also that our baseline for 'normal" has made a big shift....

Zinke hope you get the cough sorted out, its awful when your kids are sick. Take care of yourself too.

Hi everyone else!

I have had a couple of planned outings, dessert and high teas in the city, very nice! BUT wow the sugar overload! I LOVE cake, desserts, sweets etc, but I really noticed the difference in how i felt after a couple of days of dessert eating...
But it was lovely - a trip out in the evening for dessert with the family, and also a day in town with daughter and mother in law ending with a very British high tea!

So back on programme for me...no more sugar this week!
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM   #12  
Divine

S/C/G: 375/290/175

Height: 5 foot 0 inches

Well I WI on Saturday and I was up 3 lbs. I know what happened to much salt and I am retaining water but the good thing is I am still under 300. so YAY ME!!!!!

Lynn
Old 10-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #13  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Lynn... I'm super salt sensitive and have found that green tea, and a bunch of it, really helps me though that phase. I'm having some right now actually! I discovered this when I went out for sushi and was actually lower the next day (usually the salt, even in sashimi puts me up for a few days) but since I had a ton of green tea with dinner, it seemed to help. Just through I'd throw it out there
Old 10-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #14  
50 and Fabulous :)

S/C/G: 250/229/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey! I'm new around here but thought I'd jump in

I've set a challenge for myself of breaking the 200 mark by Nov 1 (effectively Halloween). I know it's aggressive and that's ok; it's really a ploy to get through Halloween unscathed. I've had some nice drops the past few weeks but things are slowing just a bit. That said, I've had a horrid time making it to the gym and just need to go first thing before life interferes. Looking forward to a great week!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:37 PM   #15  
:)

S/C/G: 330/

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys!! I would like to join you! I am at 310 so I am almost at 299 and I will be so happy when I make it to that number. I can't believe I let myself get to this point. I feel so ashamed of myself and my life is suffering so much for it. Ugh... I am so ready to get rid of this weight!!
Closed Thread