Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 11:18 AM   #1  

Angry #194, Sweatin' Away the Summer

I thought that since the last thread was getting really long, I would start a new one. Also, I was wondering if everyone else is as miserable as I am this summer, feeling trapped, and like I cannot step outside without melting (only it isn't the fat melting off me, I seem to be hanging onto that just fine, and even adding a little).

I know that I haven't been around alot lately, but I am afraid that this is going to be a trend. I have been really busy and it will only get worse. I don't see myself getting on the computer every day, or even every week anymore. School is finally wrapping up and that seems to be all I can think about and focus on. (Holly, how did you handle the end of it?). It seems like an end of a large chapter in my life, and I'm not too sure how to handle it. I have been in college for over 10 years now, and I don't know what I am going to do with myself outside of classes!!!!

The heat is really getting to me. I know that this is really my last summer with my kids without worrying about a job, but I cannot seem to enjoy it. The boys have swimming lessons every day at noon for an hour and it is soooooo hot and miserable that I can't enjoy myself. Then money is really tight now, so I'm not doing the things that I used to. Like, I haven't been to the pool to swim myself for what seems like forever, and it is too hot to go to the park.

Holly, by the way, you look fab!!! You are an inspiration to me!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Denise - Do you guys have year-round schools in your area? If not, you'll still have your summers. Yeah, teachers DO work during the summer as far as getting things ready for the next year, attending conferences, etc., but it's less like other jobs because you're able to work the stuff in the summer around your schedule.

I'm so excited for you - student teaching! I didn't formally student teach - the extent of my "student teaching" was a month of summer school enrichment kindergarten. Actually being in the classroom is so much different than learning about being in the classroom. I'm sure you've heard this ten thousand times, but half the stuff you learned in management theory....toss it out the window. With some of those little buggers, it just comes down to whatever works. One of my meanest students turned completely around when I made him sit down and listen to another boy tell him how awful his taunts made him feel. Who would have thought that a kid who seemed to get pleasure out of being ugly would change his tune when he saw another boy cry?

Hot and miserable....it's that way here, too....90 degrees and about 80% humidity. I swear when I walk out of an air conditioned building it saps my energy by about 50%.

Hang in there....and even if you can't post daily, let us know how school goes!
Old 07-09-2003, 11:55 AM   #3  

Jennelle,
We do have year round school, well sort-of. It is modified year round, meaning that we get about 6 weeks in the summer, 2 weeks in October, 2 at Christmas, and 2 in March. But the teachers are already back and school starts on the 30 (my Mark's 6th birthday). At least that is the district that I live in, and I've decided that if I do not get a job in this district, I will substitute until I get one. In AZ you must have to have a degree to substitute teach, and I now that they are in dire needs of substitute teachers, so I should be ok.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one miserable. I think you have actually made me feel better. At least we don't have to deal with the humidity!! It is still supposed to be 116 today, but very little humidity.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:03 PM   #4  
if only she'd lose weight

S/C/G: 360/see ticker/180

Height: 5'7

No, you are not the only one. I don't remember it being this yucky out last year.

I'm doing ok. Joined a gym this week, have yet to go. I'm going to swim Friday am, but need to find a swimsuit that fits me! I have a 1X and a 3X. Guess what size would fit right now?

Good luck w/school, Denise. You can do it!

*waves to Jennelle*
Old 07-09-2003, 01:29 PM   #5  

SAPF-

try Ross for bathing suits-I found three plus sized suits there last year for under $20 each!!

Sherry
Old 07-09-2003, 01:30 PM   #6  
Losin It For GOOD!

I haven't been posting much either, and for that I apologize. Its a whole variety of things - mostly I think though because I am not focusing at all on weight loss right now so I feel guilty posting or something. I have no idea.

My birthday was the 29th, and it sucked. But Greg and my family (except my parents) made up for it on July 2nd, which was nice. Everyone is just so stressed out by the wedding and us moving and my parents not having jobs that the world is upside down. My parents and I got in a car accident the day before they left to go back home (on June 22nd) and had to leave their car here, its still not fixed, so that's adding to the stress too. My Dad turned 50 on June 17th, and 5 days later got in his first car accident EVER that was his fault. Luckily they don't penalize you for car accidents in Pennsylvania - so he just can't move back to MA for 3 years or his car insurance will be sky high. They come back on Friday for the wedding, and then its just a week until the wedding. I can't wait until its all over - they left a lot of things until the last minute and everyone is having a cow, and my brother's best men aren't very responsible and have waited until the last minute to plan his bachelor party and didn't even CHECK with Maeghan about the dates - its been a nightmare.

We have most of the house packed, but now Coda is upset - I'm sure thrown off by all the boxes. The people upstairs haven't been as obnoxious, but they definately are not making our lives easy at all. The landlord is also being a jerk, so Greg decided to not pay him anymore money (he has in bank accounts 2 months worth of money). I just can't wait to finally be done with the whole thing and be in our nice new enormous apartment. I feel selfish for feeling this way, but after the hellacious year, I feel like I really deserve this new apartment.

Its also just been chaotic news from everyone. My friend had her IVF treatment fail before they even got to implant any embryos, my other friends little girl got REALLY sick, a few people in our church have family members dying of cancer, my pastor is still in Iraq, a friend on another boards witnessed her parents murder her sister's husband - I just feel very overwhelmed sometimes. I'm trying to avoid listening to the news. It's easier that way and I sleep better. Oh yeah and I missed the story about how this guy's tire blew up on the highway the other day and he missed broadsiding me as he skidded across the highway by about a foot. That was terrifying.. And Greg's muffler fell off yesterday...

So I'm sure you can guess why weight loss is the last thing on my mind right now. I just want to get the move over, and I've decided September 2nd is the day. I want to go back and rejoin weight watchers and do this right. (September 2nd because Sept 1st is Labor Day and WW will be closed) Once we are in the new house a whole TON of stress will be relieved, and I really won't have any excuses to not be commited to doing this right. We'll live in a nice safe neighborhood with lots of quiet streets to walk on, we won't live under the psycho lady from **** anymore, I'll have my own stamping room... and about a million other things. Of course we'll also live all of 200 yards from a homemade ice cream stand... but I CAN HAVE SELF CONTROL. I figure if I walk the LONG way to the ice cream place its about a mile and a half walk, and then I can have some fat free yogurt or something.

Hope you all are well, and sorry for being "missing".
Old 07-09-2003, 03:44 PM   #7  

I've had such a roller coaster of emotions today.

We are just on the brink of getting a referral/ assignment for our adoption. That's the event by which we're supposed to have our weight down. Someone who went on the waiting list just 8 days before us just got their referral. News of this made me dance around the house, all excited. I've got the phone with me wherever I go.

Then, I got an email from the Case Worker that asked how we are doing on the weight requirement. She asked us to have our doctor fax a document with our current weight when we each hit our goals. So, I'm wondering if they are just putting our file aside until they get that stinking letter.

That's the impression I got from the very beginning, but I've sort of talked myself into thinking they might let it slide if they know we are on our way to getting it done.

At any rate, I feel more pressure than ever to get this weight off. Thankfully, Atkins is making it happen very fast.

Phew. This is crazy.
Old 07-09-2003, 04:20 PM   #8  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Angi! We are so proud of you. Hang in there!

I love summer. But right now, I've just been stressed.

We took our dogs to be kenneled last weekend, and they came back worse for wear. Our youngest had a scraped up nose and our oldest has a terrible case of diarrhea! So, I have to take her to the vet today. My dogs are like my kids!

Then, we're throwing as house warming party this weekend, and my house has to be spotless. Every night, I've been cleaning but it seems just to go from one room to another. Plus, I have a menu to plan and secretly, I'm worried no one will show up!

Finally, we're going back east for a week at the end of July. Already, the guilt trips are starting from my family. Each side (they're divorced) wants to know exactly how much time I'm spending with the other side. Then, I have to fit in all my old friends (and those are the people I really want to hang out with).

And yes, dieting has gone on the back burner. I've gained and I'm not proud.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

Default Re: #194, Sweatin' Away the Summer

yeah, it's hot. well.. in davis. over 100 every day. but in santa rosa, i have to wear my sweatshirt at night. weird.

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!! a great job, i'm pretty sure. as long as it's everything i want it to be. i start monday, and i'll let you guys know after that. (or if you keep tabs on http://gonzostar.diaryland.com i might make a post in there. and right now, there's a link to the company website, too!)

we're waiting for david to get a job now, so we can move out. we need it SOON. we're going crazy at his parent's house. C-R-A-Z-Y.

i can't post or check much from david's parents house. SLOW SLOW SLOW and i feel bad even being on there to check my email. but i'm home for tonight, and friday and saturday so i'll try to semi-catch up.

Quote:
Originally posted by muelledk
School is finally wrapping up and that seems to be all I can think about and focus on. (Holly, how did you handle the end of it?).
handle the end of it? um... i bit my nails a lot, cried a lot, and just waited for it to over.

Quote:
Originally posted by muelledk
Holly, by the way, you look fab!!! You are an inspiration to me!
:blush: thank you. =) i gained a little this week and i just ate some oreos so i'm not feeling like an inspiration, but i am trying to acknowledge that i've come a long ways. i'm just keeping the long journey in front of me on my mind too.

Quote:
Originally posted by suzie76
try Ross for bathing suits-I found three plus sized suits there last year for under $20 each!!
SAPF ----- i agree, that's where i found my suit this summer, after like 9345894 stores.

angi ----- good luck. i hope they realize how much you've lost. how is dan doing in that department?

bethanne ----- hope you feel better soon. i always love moving into a new place, you can get all clean and organized. i can't wait till we get to do the same!

jenelle and denise --- WOW... try not to melt k?

ok... think that's all for now. dinnertime. no... more... oreos....
Old 07-11-2003, 01:39 AM   #10  
missaprylj

Howdy Everyone~
(1st of all Congratulations on your job, Holly!!!!! Whooohooo!!! You are such an inspiration, really. Everyone here is like "whoa, Holly! go Holly!" No lie!)
Well, I'm keeping it together. I'm kind of having some "issues" right now... they're the same reoccuring ones, but some day I'll be stronger than they are. (See my rant thread if you're curious.)
Other than that, just working (I have a job at the local flowershop and I'm applying at the movie theater tomorrow.) babysitting, and hanging out with friends. The usual. This weekend, I'm leaving for a few days to go to Green Bay and visit my sisters! After that, I'm going to Marquette, MI to the Hiawatha Music Festival (Bluegrass, Old Time Country.... my friend's dad is taking us and he's really into it.) But have no fear, I'll still be around. lol.
Have a GREAT weekend everyone. Always~ Apryl

Old 07-11-2003, 12:55 PM   #11  
Jen

Height: 5'3"

BA, sorry to hear that life has been crazy for you lately. so much has been going on with you. I hope you can put some of your own needs first once things get settled down a bit. Best wishes always.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM   #12  

LOL Jessica ...your post about your dogs made me laugh. I took my 2 dals to be boarded over Christmas at this new (VERY EXPENSIVE......GRRRR) kennel. When I came back my youngest had scratch marks all over her face and legs, and they both looked like they had been given sleeping pills, they were dopey for about 24 hours. I called the kennel owner the next day and raised holy **** and finally they gave me my money back. I guess they were afraid of the ranting B%^ch.
Old 07-11-2003, 03:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 320/210/180

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Hello all,

I have not posted much these last few weeks. I am doing good. I am going to a wedding this weekend with my new man. He is a great guy. He loves the kids and loves me. My ex is up to his old tricks. He is trying to control me by not seeing the kids thinking I will not do anything because I have the kids. We also had court on Wednesday for child support. He is not happy with the outcome of that. He was found in contempt of court and was sentenced to 180 days for my case and 180 days for his other daughters case all of it suspended as long as he follows certain stipulations (sp). I for see him going to jail in the near future. I have not weighed in for about 2 weeks right now because I have been busy with things. I will know more on Tuesday when I will weigh in. I feel good but I am not sure how I am actually doing right now. I am doing a little more exersice and eating better. I guess I will try to post some more this weekend.
Old 07-12-2003, 11:34 PM   #14  

Hi all,

I'm glad I'm not the only one that hasn't been doing well these past few days! Last week, my husbands grandmother died and with that being stressfull enough, my m-i-l has been treating me like dirt. Just what I need right now! She is blaming me for everything. I mean, my daughter gets a bug bite at the sitters and it's my fault. I don't allow my kids to drink gallons of milk a day, and I'm a bad mother. I don't spend hundreds of dollars (that I don't have) on my husband, I'm a bad wife. I just don't get her at all. I do all i can to make her like me and she still treats me like s*@t!

Then, I got a job. Good thin right? NOT I don't know why, but it just donsn't feel right. I feel bad for saying that, but it is how I feel and I don't know what to do. I have working for a direct sales company for a little while and LOVE it. But it has been kinda slow starting. But I then got a job at Rentway and at first was excited. But about an hour after I was told I have the job, I started not wanting it. I mean the pay isn't great and they want me to work on Sat. I know, that because I need money, I shouldn't be picky, but this job just doesn't feel right. It's hard to describe. Just something telling me to just call and tell them I shouldn't take the job.

Then there is this weekend. I have not had a chance to breath all weekend and it's not going to stop. When I get off here, I have to get some sleep, because I have to clean my house tomorrow, early morning, because I'm having a b-day party for my daughters. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

I just want it to be all over. But then at a meeting today, I found out that my husband might be able to get a 2 week leave to come home. As bad as this sounds, I don't want him to come home for 2 weeks. I mean, I would love to see him, but I think it would just be to emotionaly hard for the girls and I to have him home for 2 weeks and then send him away again. They also told us that it is very possible that they may keep him there for 2 years instead of one.

Ok, I have vented. All this on my shoulders has made my eating very bad!!! But I don't even feel like getting into that. (and that is what I should be getting into!)

Thanks for letting me vent!

Bella23
Old 07-13-2003, 04:55 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 302/179/170

Height: 5'6"

boy, we all have our tough lives don't we? it's such a support group -- strong ladies and men working on their own troubled lives while helping each other. i mean, i think my life kinda fell apart a few weeks ago, and hearing about people going through it all, WITH KIDS, was a reality check. and it might be slow and frustrating, but things are getting better. they are.

the specifics is that i start my new job tomorrow, and the new car will be getting me there. david sent out a TON of resumes on thursday, i'm hoping he gets some calls tomorrow. we're doing all that we can.

i'm trying to keep weightloss in mind. i sort of freaked on friday after the 2lb gain and went all diet **** on david. i refused to eat pasta, bread, rice, basically anything with any fat or lots of calories in it. i had salad. but then i got my bearings again, and have been making good choices. today for lunch i had a bean and ground turkey burrito with fat free cheese on a wheat tortilla.

exercise: well, friday i ran 3 miles in 42 minutes. i think it was part of the freak out. yesterday i spent all day on the boat, i went tubing and that worked some muscles. and today i will go for a run outside after my burrito settles.

so, things are ok. not fabulous, but moving forward. hope you guys are doing better too.
Closed Thread