South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 05:54 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Thursday, October 20

Good morning! I almost wrote November chat as it feels like that today.

Huge t-storms are going through. The dogs worked together to push open the kitchen door to join me around 2. Disney was so scared she was shaking the bed with her trembling. Poor thing! It's still really dark out there but I'm sure I have more trees down. I did check the lane and my car is OK.

I'm hoping for a calm stay-at-home day today. Yesterday was frustrating as I spent way too much time trying to generate tax receipts on the computer. Sometimes technology is not faster! After about three hours of work I got 12 printed - only 132 left to go! I am going to hand write the rest.

The baking for Saturday is still not done but I do have some in the freezer. I'll make the cookie dough today and bake it tomorrow but am going to make and ice the cakes and freeze them.

What's happening in your life today?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 AM   #2  

Good Morning,

Just wanted to thank everyone for your comments, you are right I am doing this for myself, and I feel good about that. I guess it is just that I feel I have accomplished something by sticking to this and saying no to all the baked goods at work (whihc there are tons, and everyone offering them in your face), I am holding out for something more worthwhile!

Today will be a better day, lesss stress, found out my DH has CLL/SLL and after a talk with the doctor we don't have to worry for maybe 10 yrs, but just monitor him quarterly. We were both stressing, because we knew nothing about it. So, this was a comfort.

I stayed on track through this period and I will continue.

I love reading the posts here, and I love Eggplant - lucky girl to have that kind of harvest. I had 33 pumpkin pie pumpkins in my patch this year, want to trade? Love garden fresh veggies.

I really need to look at my meals closer, I am getting alittle bored. Sick of eggs in the AM, but afraid oatmeal won't stick with me. Have to look at my options.

Hope everyon has a wonderful day, it is very windy here, and cold. I would like to stay home and sew, but nope, got to go to work. But one more day and it will be the weekend. Yippie.

Thanks SB'ers
Old 10-20-2011, 06:28 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Chickadee, I wish you could stay home and sew too! I'm a quilter too and just don't seem to have enough time. What is CLL/SLL?
Old 10-20-2011, 06:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Ruth, I work for a non-profit organization, and I hand write receipts, too. Haven't found a program that does any better.

It's cold here, too. Hubs made a lovely fire in the fireplace last night. It's still going strong this morning. He has requested flannel sheets, but I'm not convinced the 80 degree days are gone for good yet -- and I'm pre-menopause.

I have an Auston funny: I put him to bed and tucked him in. He said, "I'm going to give you a French kiss." My eyes got big and I asked, "What is that???" He grabbed my face and gave me big, loud kisses on both cheeks -- like Europeans do. I can't wait to remind him of 'French kisses' when he is 15.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

TG it's MY Friday! Even though I enjoy my job, I look forward to my long weekends.

Ruth ~ writing out 132 tax receipts sounds awful! How long will that take? Can someone help? I hope poor Disney has calmed down by now.

Chickadeee, what is CLL/SLL? I hope the best for your DH! I'm not a big fan of eggs, either. I have oatmeal almost every morning, and I'm glad it keeps me satisfied until lunchtime. I don't even need a mid-morning snack.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Chelby! Thanks for the chuckle this morning, your Auston always makes me laugh!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Chickadeee, I'm sorry for your hubby's diagnosis. My MIL has had Non-Hodgekin's Lymphoma for years. She's actually doing well. The doctors monitor her closely. She's had a few rounds of chemo, but mostly she lives her life normally. The initial diagnosis was stressful for everyone. I know what you are feeling.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:49 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm off and running! Our local diner needs some help and I made the right connection yesterday. I always have plenty to do but nobody pays me. It's just fill in for now but I'm hoping to stash a little cash along the way.Ski season is coming on and this place is always packed between tourists and locals.

Ruth, thanks for getting us started this morning! Ouch for November-like weather . Oh, well, I know it's coming. I hope your day is as quiet as you think it will be.

Linda, yay for your Friday!

Chelby, are you writing all of Austons comments down? I am always in stitches when I read what he's said!

Chickadeee, I'm sorry for your DH's diagnosis and confident you will handle it together.
As you experiment, you'll find the breakfast that suits you. Me, can't do oatmeal. It doesn't stick with me and it seems to set me off to want to eat other stuff. Others enjoy it every day. I found a smoothie which suits me. I have it lined out right now. DH shares. Today it has apple, peach, carrot, kale, ginger root, beet and a greens powder that I like. I'm glad that you were able to stay op through some stress. It sure helps.

Have a great day everyone! I'm off!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #9  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Just a quick fly-by this morning. My primary computer is finally giving up the ghost (though I'm still trying to convince it to work) and I'm running the work laptop. Guess we will be computer shopping today. I hope to catch-up with all of you later. Happy Thursday!
Old 10-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #10  
sophie

Good morning,

Ruth - we had thunder storms too but at first I was mad because I thought it was our next door neighbour running his Corvette. He only takes it out at after 11p.m. and something is wrong with his muffler so I get this thunder under my window.

Chickadee - wish you were sewing too.

Chelby - that is too cute. Yes, I thinking writing it down is a good idea. I have already forgotten what my 4 year old grandson has said that has made me laugh.

Cottage - enjoy your long weekend. Hope your weather will be nice.

Debbie - Hope you enjoy your new job. I know you will make everyones mornings brighter.

Cyndi - too many choices in computers these days, good luck.

I am so disorganized with my foodplan this week. Will make a plan for next week and shopping tomorrow for sure. My garden needs to be cleaned up but this weather has been the pits.
take care
Sophie
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #11  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning!

Ruth - I love it when the cats come sleep with us during thunder boomers. Dogs? Maybe a little less room? Hope it's a stress free day!

Chick - Wow! You have a lot going on. Remember to focus on you every now and then, ok?

Chelby - That's blackmail material right there (I can hear you telling his girlfriend it!)

Cottage - have a great weekend!

Debbie
- I've never been skiing, would you believe it?

Cyndi - have a good day!

Sophie - you and me both...I need to make a plan. Or I can take yours

As for me, feeling a bit off. Didn't drink enough of ANYTHING yesterday so I need to get on that. Also need to food shop. The list has been in the car since this weekend and still nothing! I need to stop working so hard. That MUST be it!

Have a happy Thursday all!
Old 10-20-2011, 08:11 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Go Debbie! I'm happy for this opportunity that came ur way! I'm doing well, trying to figure out transport to the job I was given!
Closed Thread