South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 129/120/112

Height: 5 Feet

Default Vacation help!

Ok sO we leave on Saturday for Turks and Caicos and while i plan on being op for the most part, I'm nervous because I won't have all the luxuries of home, food wise. What have you ladies done while on vacation? A plus for me is that I don't drink so none of those empty calories and sugar will be happening but I do want to enjoy my vaca and not be obsessed with staying on plan. Ugh, not sure what I'm trying to say, lol...
jerseygiiirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:00 PM   #2  

I haven't been on vacation while on SB but I have been on some type of diet while I'm away. I try my best to make good food choices for breakfast and lunch. For dinner I'm usually less strict. I also try to be very active during my vacation this way I don't feel as bad.

I hope that helps a little bit! Have a good vacation and don't stress about it!
lildaisies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:26 PM   #3  
I think I can...

Oh Wow I soooo wanna go to T&C. Lucky girl. I think you have a definite advantage since you don't drink. Lots of island dishes are fish so load up on fish, fresh local veggies and other lean meats. Avoid sauces if you can and let yourself have a treat here and there!
OMG have fun!!!
mzKiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzKiki View Post
Oh Wow I soooo wanna go to T&C. Lucky girl. I think you have a definite advantage since you don't drink. Lots of island dishes are fish so load up on fish, fresh local veggies and other lean meats. Avoid sauces if you can and let yourself have a treat here and there!
OMG have fun!!!
I agree. And most places will give you double veggies instead of a starch if you ask. Take a lot of long walks on the beach And kayak and swim... Have fun.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:37 PM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I went on my cruise in September while on SB and gained 3 lbs. the day I came back but lost 5 pounds 4 days later (think it was bloat).

My rule of thumb was to avoid sugar, flour, potatoes, white starches. I had dessert if it was fruit and/or cheese. 2 glasses of water for every one non-water beverage. I ate lean proteins, 2 veggies and a salad with almost every meal. T&C will be good for SEAFOOD! Which is good on SBD. If there was something I just had to try because it was ethnic or cultural, I did in moderation (I had freshly fried plantain chips but limited myself to 4 in Belize and ONE beef patty in Cozumel).

You will exercise a plenty too!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:09 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Activity! The thin that helps me the most is that I am a lot more active on vacation than I am at home.

Lots of water- you'll naturally bloat and gain some water weight just from traveling, and water will help.

Pick your battles- for me, fat isn't much of an issue for me in my diet, but sugar is. I'll have more bacon with breakfast and skip the pancakes.

Don't aim for perfection. You're on vacation! Enjoy it! Aim for fully on plan breakfast and lunch, and take dinner off. Or plan dessert every other night. Work in a few indulgences, but make sure they're worth it! My biggest goal is to make sure that the things I indulge in are things that I can't get at home and things that are truly delicious. Which is also why I will stop eating something that doesn't live up 100%.

Then I'll echo what everyone else has said- load up on the veggies, seek out the local seafood and produce. Avoiding the sugary drinks is always a good idea too

HAVE FUN!!!
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

oh that's so exciting!!! I'm going to Thailand for my birthday in March and I'm already planning my SBD plan Basically what I've been doing is looking up the kind of foods I can eat when I'm there and all of that. That way I can make a somewhat informed decision when I'm on vacation.

I went to the Philippines for 3 weeks over the summer and amazingly didn't gain any weight at all! I think it's because I was working out before and we walked a lot on the trip. Plus, I made sure that I never ate carbs alone, and tried to make sure that the majority of my meal was protein. This was before I was on SBD, but I had done research on PCOS eating.

Oooh you're gonna have such a blast!!!
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote