Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM   #1  
Ideal Protein Dieter

S/C/G: 229/129

Height: 5'4

Question I need help- Ideal Protein Week #3 - not losing : (

Hey,
I have some concerns about my LACK of weigh loss. I weigh very differently at home than I do in the clinic. But, the scale at home today showed a 5 pound weight gain, NOT the loss I expected. I started Ideal Protein on May 24th, 2011. I go back to the office to be weighed in again for my next appointment on Monday, June 13, 2011. I dont know what I am doing wrong.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Karen
RainyDayGirl007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #2  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Karen can you provide a little more information.. what is your day like what are you eating. Is it near your TOM? when you say you are not losing, not at all? how many weeks have you not lost? are you following the protocol? You are only in week 3 I really think if you are following IP and haven't cheated that it could be just water gain. Don't panic and just wait until Monday. When I weigh myself at home I have found various results and yes I showed a 3 lb gain after the night befores wi. If you MUST weigh yourself, they say the best time is first thing in the morning 6:30am. I hope this helps, don't panic and follow the program it works.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayGirl007 View Post
Hey,
I have some concerns about my LACK of weigh loss. I weigh very differently at home than I do in the clinic. But, the scale at home today showed a 5 pound weight gain, NOT the loss I expected. I started Ideal Protein on May 24th, 2011. I go back to the office to be weighed in again for my next appointment on Monday, June 13, 2011. I dont know what I am doing wrong.
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Karen
Weigh yourself at the same time every day. Ignore what the scale says at any other time. Your weight fluctates by like 3-5 pounds over the course of the day.

Weight yourself as soon as you wake up, after you go to the bathroom, before you put ANYTHING in your body. Compare that day over day. This is your true weight.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 AM   #4  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Don't worry it's water. If you're following the IP protocol you're losing fat.

Take a look at this thread.

In particular this post.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:10 AM   #5  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Several other things - don't know if they apply or not.

Exercise on a very low calorie diet like the IP diet can mess with water retention.

Sleep is very important. Make sure you're getting enough.

Stress can mess with water balance. Have faith the diet is working. I'm certain it is. Try to relax and don't worry about day to day weight flucuations.

Hang in there!
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #6  

Default Need Help also!

I have been on ideal protein for 9 weeks and I have only lost 21lbs... My weight fluctuates a lot.. They did blood work to make sure everything is ok, and it all came back good.. I know the doc thinks I'm cheating.. but I'm NOT.. 1st week lost 5, 2nd 4, 3rd 1, 4th 4, 5th gained 2, 6th lost 7.5, 7th gained 1/2, 8th lost 6, 9th gained 4... It's so frustrating.. I hear all good things about this diet.. Why isn't it working for me! Please if there is any suggestions.. Please HELP! Thanks!
bertsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:54 PM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertsgirl View Post
I have been on ideal protein for 9 weeks and I have only lost 21lbs... My weight fluctuates a lot.. They did blood work to make sure everything is ok, and it all came back good.. I know the doc thinks I'm cheating.. but I'm NOT.. 1st week lost 5, 2nd 4, 3rd 1, 4th 4, 5th gained 2, 6th lost 7.5, 7th gained 1/2, 8th lost 6, 9th gained 4... It's so frustrating.. I hear all good things about this diet.. Why isn't it working for me! Please if there is any suggestions.. Please HELP! Thanks!
You are averaging 2.3lbs a week even though you have gained a few weeks. What does your day of eating consist of? list it here and we will see what you may be doing wrong. Are you getting all of your water in? are you getting 8 ozs of protein in?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #8  
dureska

S/C/G: 213/202/160

Height: 5'10"

Default Dont worry-it will come

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayGirl007 View Post
Hey,
Any ideas??
Thanks,
Karen
Karen, dont worry. I had the same problem so I know how you feel. I lost 8 lbs the first week (obviously mostly water) and then it started to be weird. I only fluctuated 1 lb +/- for nearly 3 weeks every day and maybe lost a total of 4 lbs in wk 2-4. I also weighted in very differently at the clinic vs at home in the morning. And now the good news. All of a sudden, I started losing 1-1.5 lbs per DAY in wk6. What we (me and my coach) figured out is that I was not a big eater to begin with so I now probably ate 2 times more food then what my body was used to. It kept on not wanting to burn it so it can store it. I was basically in starvation mode from before until my body finally let it go. Also, what I started doing is eating my real protein throughout the day e.g. I will have an egg or few slices of ham as a snack throughout the day. This did make a diff I think in helping my body finally realize it has enough food to burn. It is amazing now, I am literally wasting away (in a good way). Overall, my weightloss is on average 3.5 lbs/week but it is mostly in wk1 and wk 5/6. So what I wanted to illustrate to you is that each body is different and depending what your reason was for your weight gain, it might react to this protocol in a different way. It seems like people whose issue was overeating will lose more consistently then people whose issue is maybe bad food composition, carb sensitivity or even not enough food. I would like to encourage you to keep on going, the results will come. Just not maybe in a regular pattern.
jdurech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 10:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Sadly I don't think RainyDayGirl made it, as this post is from 2011 and she only made 4 post all together. I guess she just wasn't patient enough.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I would expect her home scale was wonky. She should have stuck with the info from the clinic scale.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #11  

Question Weight Gain

I have never posted to any forum before so hope it goes well! I have been on IP for 4 weeks tomorrow using alternatives. I have read all of the posts which have been a life saver to me. I lost 8 pounds in the first 3 weeks (slow losses but still a loss). This past week I have done exactly what I have done the last 4 weeks but I am up about a pound today. I will not give up because I am desperate to lose 30 pounds and no other diet has really worked for me, I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions for me. Thank you all for being a great place for me to turn and I love reading all of the posts it gives me encouragement to stick to this!!!!
AnneMarie9556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:46 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

First off, congratulations on your loss so far!! You are doing very well. I know that the promotional info for IP says that you can expect to lose 3 - 7 lbs. per week, but I think that for most of us it is somewhere between 2 and 3.

As for the gain, don't stress!!! Sometimes our bodies have to adjust to the weight loss. You didn't say if your 1 lb gain was at an official weigh in or if it was on the scale at home. If you are weighing every day at home, maybe you should put the scale away!! If it was a weigh in, stay OP and you will lose weight. You said you only have 30 lbs. to lose, so the weight probably will come off more slowly than it does for someone with more to lose. Don't get discouraged. I know it's hard, but this protocol does work!!

Keep going!! Good luck!!
sanibelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I just noticed that you said alternatives. So probably you aren't going to a clinic. Make sure that your alternatives are truly comparable and that you aren't getting too many carbs. But most of all, just keep on keeping on. I often have 2 really small losses followed by a large loss. We all lose a little differently. You will most likely see a larger loss next week.
sanibelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #14  

When TOM comes to vivit does he usuallybring a few pounds with him because i didnt ask him too.
donna123somer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #15  

Thanks so much for the reply's! I am doing this on my own and plan to stick to it. It maybe slow but at least it is in the right direction....... I will continue to read this forum everyday to help me feel connected!
AnneMarie9556 is offline   Reply With Quote