Old 10-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/133/145

Height: 5'4

Default Your expertise needed-what DVD’s to buy

I am thankfully at my goal, however scared I can’t stay there without getting to the gym like I need to. I currently go to the gym 3-4 times per week and do 45 minutes of very high paced cardio on elliptical and or octane machine. And I also do my resistance training and ball exercises at the same time. I am getting ready to start working about 20 hours of overtime per week from now until the first of the year so no way I can spend that amount of time at the gym. I was hoping to find a way to do my cardio at home and only have to get to the gym for my resistance workouts.
I have used a couple of the older biggest loser videos and was ok using them just get bored doing the same ones over and over. I am NOT a coordinated person at all so would don’t think I would do well with dance like zumba, and have the start of bad knees so a lot of high impact jumping would probably not work. What would be some intense cardio DVD's that would have high calorie burning that would not hurt my knees too bad? I am not afraid of it being hard or being sore and I do want to sweat a lot to feel like I am getting a great workout.
Thanks for taking the time to offer any suggestions of DVD’s for me to try.
kat618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:42 AM   #2  
Training for life!

S/C/G: 174/150/131

Height: 5'5"

If you are a member of Netflicks you can get alots of exercise dvds to try NOT to many instant but if you get the dvds sent to you they have a large varity it gives you a chance to try a lot of diffent one..dance.step kickboxing, whatever you might like..lots to choose from. Its I think only 8.99 a month for 2 dvds out at a time. and I think they have a free trial check them out....
devadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/133/145

Height: 5'4

Thanks I did not even think about renting some since most of them in the video store in my area are really old. Will check out netflix...thanks!
kat618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #4  
Completely INSANE

S/C/G: 180/130/120

Height: 5'4"

I love Insanity from Beachbody!
Melissa Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

You might check your local library too...they may have some to check out...
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:18 PM   #6  
The Last 10lbs!

I am loving Chalene Extreme... and they are nice and short (less than 45 minutes, most 30-35 minutes) at least in the first phase. I haven't gotten to the others yet. I live in a very tiny flat with not much space to move around and they work well for me, plus I really work up a sweat! I am actually enjoying lifting weights which is new for me.

Best of luck!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:59 AM   #7  
Sloth-be-gone

S/C/G: 160/135/125

Height: 5'5"

I haven't done this one myself, but you may want to look into Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown.

Also, have you thought about switching it around and doing your strength training at home and your cardio at the gym? I think it would be really tough to get the same level of cardio using a video if you want low impact (just look at the youtube videos of Insanity or ChaLEAN, they are killer on the knees!!!). But getting a set of weights and an exercise ball would surely cost less than the high quality cardio equipment at your gym.
GoldenDoodler is offline   Reply With Quote