Old 10-17-2011, 03:13 PM   #1  

Smile Old "newbie" here

Hi all,

My name is Kelly and I have actually been a memeber of 3FC for around 6 or 7 years I think, maybe longer, but I haven't posted in quite a few years.

I have reached my highest weight of 333 pounds. I suffer from health ailments, thank goodness nothing severe YET but I am heading towards them very quickly if I do not stop this madness right now. The biggest hurdle for me is that I have a history of DVT's so I take anticoagulants so that means no green leafies so my go too salads have been axed

I know at the very least I am pre-diabetic but I haven't had to courage to go get my blood work done yet...its about 3 months overdue. Grrrr and the dr won't refill my cholesterol meds until I do..

I have alot of stuff going on right now, impending divorce, trying to find a job, children at home, caretaker for elderly mother, trying to rearrange bedrooms etc in house because of relatives planning on moving in to help out, it just goes on and on and it adds to the stress and that leads to me not making good choices or taking the easy way out and just eating what everyone else is eating. I need some support for those times when I am struggling. Once the relatives move in it will easy alot of my stress because she has always been my touchstone and she will help me with this journey but they are not coming for 2 months and I want to start NOW! I need to start NOW!

Looking forward to making new friends and support buddies!
erinsmom32052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:47 PM   #2  

Hi, glad you are back. I am a newbie to this site tbis month. I was were you were in January. I topped out around 350 a and now I am at 265 and feeling less stressed. I made a life stylr change and thankfully ot is working. I almost divorced but luck has blessed me with counseling and we are pretty happy now. Good luck and keep on touch.
PearlNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:51 PM   #3  

LOL, riding in car and blogging on curvy roads.
PearlNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #4  

Hi e-mom!

Sounds like a lot in your life to stress you out - you poor thing....tough times. Good that some support is on the way.

You can make a Big difference in 2 months! NOW is the best time!!!
MrsTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:41 PM   #5  

Thanks Ladies,

Pearl ~ 85 pounds down since January??? YOU are awesome!! What have you done that helped you get that far? Share share PLEASE!!

I started this week with calorie counting, around 1500 for the day and making better choices. For me it works best if I eat the same things everyday for breakfast and lunch. That way there is no tempations and it seems to take the joyfulness/anticipation out of the equation for me. Dinner is another story since I do the cooking and the house is full of skinny people LOL I am having to work on that!

Mrs. Tee~ That is what I am hoping for, a BIG change in the two months!! or at least being able to get down to where I can wear this closet full of "fat" clothes.
erinsmom32052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 AM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

welcome back erinsmom!
Hubby had PE and is on blood thinners also. He was told he could eat green salads but if you eat 3 in a week to continue to eat 3 a week. I know its a pain to try and work around each illness or disease. He is also a diabetic. It seems like what helps one area hurts another area.
I think planning is the key to keeping blood levels right.
Its hard to cook for a normal eating family when you have health issues that make you monitor things and count calories. You are off to a great start!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:24 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back Kelly. It does sound like you have a lot going on in your life. Planning works best for me as well. (I count calories and use myfitnesspal to to log them.)
barbygirl43 is offline   Reply With Quote