South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 06:42 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default SBD Chat - Monday, October 17

Good morning! Cold and wet but that's to be expected around here this time of year. My back deck is totally covered with pine needles shed from the big tree. They're slippery when wet so I'd better get them swept off as soon as I can.

I'm still feeling rested and relaxed after my week away and ready to tackle another busy week. It's Big Bake time again for a quilting biddies tea on Saturday but that won't happen today. I have two back-to-back meetings starting at 4:30. People should quit their jobs so we could meet in the mornings!

There's a big pot of chicken stock simmering on the stove. Can you smell it? I put it on overnight and it was a good thing to wake up to.

Happy No-Moan Monday! What's happening around your coffee mug?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmm...the chicken stock smells lovely! What are you going to make with it?

ALthough I feel all fat and bloated and nasty from junk I ate over vacation, the scale is the EXACT SAME as always....I guess that means I'm at my "happy weight", eh?

I'm letting the kids sleep in a little bit...it's a bit tough adjusting back to the time zone (3 hour difference). Hopefully, they'll behave today at school (and home!). For me: just another day at work, and hopefully a run or some kind of exercise.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone is doing today!
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning, Ruthie. All I smell is coffee so far, and it's lovely!

I'm home from the beach. It, also, was lovely. I ate like a fool, but am back on plan today. My two friends had never been in Gulf Shores before, so I took them to all the good places.

Jeff and Auston went camping with friends this weekend. The truck ended up with a dead battery. They had to hike out of the woods to get cell phone service to call for help. And I sat in a chair on the beach....

PearleRose, HOORAY on your ticker!!! Woohoo!!!

Twynn, Do your kids tend to act better as school? Auston does. The teachers must have taken an 'intimidation' class in college that I need to take!

Last edited by Chelby29; 10-17-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

OK, no moaning from me on this blue and gold Monday. I just got a call not to hurry over to the farm, as the water will be off all morning while they're installing solar panels. I do have to stop at Petsmart to pick up tortoise food and supplies, and a big box of dog biscuits before I do head over. And Cindy's parents are picking up the girls at 4pm to go to Harrisburg to watch Cindy perform in the horse show. So that means an early day for me!
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning

Ruth - I love to wake up to cooking soup. I hope that rested feeling sticks around for awhile, in spite of the meetings

Twynn - I'm sure the kids are looking forward to telling their friends about their vacation.

Chel - you definitely picked the right trip!

Cottage - Mondays should all start late and end early.

It's a busy day here, I think. A couple of weeks ago I had planned to meet with work people today. I tried to confirm that yesterday but no one bothered to reply. I think I'm meeting them at noon then picking up Julie's dinner at our Co-op and heading north from there. Twice as much driving as I've been doing and she will have to eat hospital lunch, but she gets something different for dinner. If all goes according to schedule she will be home by dinner tomorrow and we will enjoy 2.5 weeks of no excitement!

Meanwhile back at the scale all the takeout and quick food is killing me. I've got to increase my water consumption and exercise because it was a scary sight this morning. I have incredibly flexible weight Ah well no excuses, I know what I need to do. Time to get on it

Last edited by CyndiM; 10-17-2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Good morning,

As birthday queen I hereby dub you all as having non-busy days Oh wait, I too have a busy day with work. Crud. Guess my wand isn't working properly.

We didn't make a food shop this weekend - we spent 7 hours trying to find something proper to wear for the wedding tomorrow. My feet STILL hurt from all the walking.

Will pop in later. Guess what I got for my birthday? TOM! Oye....
Old 10-17-2011, 07:43 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Good morning, everyone! I have been terribly off-plan for four days now! Yuck! I am very hopeful that today is back on track, but I said that two of the last four days as well!

I have planned my food for today, and am vowing to not stray from it. No sweets, no pasta! Ang, you can do this!

Today is work, then going to look at three houses tonight. One of which I've already seen, but Chessa hasn't. It is the number one contender for me!

Happy Birthday, Jenn!!

Ruth, glad you had a great trip!
Twynn, I hope your trip was really fun, too! How's dad?
Chelby, I was relieved to see I wasn't the only one who ate like a fool this weekend...at least you had an excuse!
Cottage, hooray for a late start and early finish to the day.
Cyndi, did Julie have her surgery, or is she in for yet something else?? Flexible weight here too...it can sure be a blessing and a curse, can't it?

Last edited by southmplsgirl; 10-17-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:44 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning -

Ruth - I've never made my own chicken stock. Smells wonderful from here.

Twynn - Kudos on not gaining on vacation!

Chelby - My mom used to tell me that kids use up all their good behavior at school and let things go at home but that's the way we want it.

Linda - I'm still trying to figure out "blue and gold." All I can think of is Cub Scout banquets

Cyndi - No excitement would be a nice change for you both.

Jenn - I hope you found something to wear that you just love.

Angie - You can do this!! One meal or mouthful at a time.

Our roof replacement is supposed to start today and it is the only rainy day in weeks. I wonder if they'll start before the rain begins this afternoon. Busy the past few days and the next with admin stuff for our family charitable foundation. Waiting right now for the last trustee's overdue votes on applications. Yesterday we helped our teen book flights home for Thanksgiving. Now we need to think about winter break for both boys. Sigh. Off to the gym with my mom soon. Must remember to put dinner in the crockpot before I go!

Have a great day!
Old 10-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I slept in and am not fully awake yet but need to get going now. I have a usual day bouncing back and forth between duties at moms and trying to get some of my own stuff done. I'll walk first with the girls.

everyone! I need to find coffee.
Old 10-17-2011, 09:33 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, thought I would pop in before heading to the airport. Didn't get home from work yesterday til almost 7:30 p.m. then we had a bit of excitement as the bathtub backed up so had to take care of that. Didn't get to sleep til after 11 good thing I didn't have to get up for work today.

Ruth - Hope you get all the pine needles sweeped up so you don't slip.

Twynn - That is great the scale didn't move and you can just get back on track and keep going

Chelby - glad you enjoyed your time at the beach with your friends.

Linda - start late and end early sounds like a great day

Cyndi - Glad to hear everything is going according to plan

Jenn - Happy birthday, you may need to get a new wand lol

Angie - Just get back on track

Karen- Hope the roofers can at least start on the roof.

Debbie- good morning

Today is day 8 of Phase 1- I thought I would probably end up adding some grain or fruit this weekend but didn't- We will see what this week brings- food is provided all week but I am hopefully I can make do. I did bring some nuts with me for the trip.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 10-17-2011 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 12:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 170/149/140

Height: 5/9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearlrose View Post
Angie - Just get back on track

Haha!! Okay
Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #12  

Hi, I am new to the forum so I thought I would just pop in and introduce myself.

I am on P2 as of today, felt odd eating a slice of bread. I am alittle worried about changing things up, I am doing real good. I lost 8 lbs so far and it feels good.

Today was a very stressful Monday for me at work, and usually that leads me to eat when I get home, but so far so good.

You guys sound like you have been on the forum along time, and have interesting daily lives. My life is pretty boring and I am on the quiet side. But I will read posts and learn as I go.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Chickadeee
Old 10-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 234/230/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all. I'm also a newbie. Started SBD Phase 1 last Tuesday; by Saturday I was down 5#. Needless to say, I was thrilled. By Sunday, I had gained 2# back. Here we go again! UP down UP down UP down. I'm not discouraged though!!!!!!

I'm 58, live in St Petersburg overlooking beautiful Tampa Bay, am retired (plenty of volunteer work tho), am married to my wonderful husband of 33 years. We have 2 kitties and love to travel.

I have oodles of questions about South Beach so I hope you don't mind if I bring them here. I have read the book a couple of times so understand the premise. My internist (who also happens to be my best friend) says that "the whole world should be eating the South Beach way. It's totally healthy!!!"

So, here I go on my merry SBD way. I look forward to getting to know you all better. Anyone in my neck of the woods?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy Birthday Jenn! I have a job interview on Wed at 12pm, prayers welcome!
Closed Thread