View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
runningfromfat
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

I'm the same way. I KNOW my knees are bad and my lower back tends to get hurt easily. However, there are just some exercises that I want to do at the gym! I shouldn't do squats at all until I see a doctor but sometimes I still do and always regret it later.

It's also hard because I can remember my younger body that would allow me to push myself to my very limits. I don't have that body anymore and the extra weight that I was carrying in the meantime didn't help things either.

I'm also trying to stick to pool exercises at the moment. Even walking on the treadmill hasn't been the best for my knees and I know my back needs a rest from lifting for a bit but it's hard to stay away. I enjoy those activities quite a bit, they make me feel strong, like I'm getting something done. Something that I just don't feel after a swim.

Thankfully, DH is pretty good at calling me out when I go overboard or push myself too hard. He reminds me to step back and look at things in the big picture. Maybe your husband could do the same for you? Especially with that sweatshirt in the balance.

Starting Measurements (B/W/H): about 51/40/46, 240 lbs Goal Reached Pre-Pregnancy: 39/29.5/38, 156lbs Current: about 43/34/42
Mini-Goals
Started at 240
Onederland 199 (Jan 6, 2010, exactly 2 years after my previous due date!)
Overweight BMI 185 (Aug 3, 2011, one year after joining 3FC!)
Pre-pregnancy weight 175 (Oct 18, 2011)
Called Goal 156

My Bras, Fashion, and Weight Loss Blog
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote