South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 10-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #1  

Default Phase 2 around the Corner

Hi, I have just joined the forum.

I am finishing up Phase 1 today and can't wait to start Phase 2. A little worried how it is going to work. I am hoping to find some support while going through this. I did ok on P1, had the SB Flu and it did effect my regularity, which I hope I can get back.

It amazes me how great I feel otherwise, not missing sugar or bad carbs, just worried that if I don't get back my grove (so to say) I may hang this up and I don't want to. I lost about 6 lbs, and I can feel an all over difference.

Hope to hear from some of you Beachies, that can offer suggestions and support. Thank you

Chickadeee
chickadeee55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations on successfully completing Phase 1, Chickadeee! For some great pointers and helpful hints for introducing Phase II, check out the Stickied Threads in the FAQ section of our forum.

Good luck, and we hope to see you around!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 03:31 PM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! I'd suggest starting to add foods slowly, after reading the stickies. Perhaps joining in on one or more of our daily/weekly threads/challenges would be a great way to keep your accountability, give everyone a chance to get to know you and to learn more about SBD as you go.

Best wishes!
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Welcome!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadeee55 View Post
it did effect my regularity, which I hope I can get back.

just worried that if I don't get back my grove (so to say) I may hang this up and I don't want to.
Are you talking about constipation? Good remedies include drinking lots of water, making sure you eat all your veggies and good fats, and for some of us taking something like Senna or a SF fiber supplement to get you going again. It does get better with time.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:49 AM   #6  

Thank you for your replies. I will start posting, I need support.

And yes, Anne, you hit it right on the head. So I am trying Metamucil, hoping it will work. It is like nothing wants to move (sorry) and after a day of that - it is like what is the use, get the diet under control and put up with this, then I think forget it.

What is weird is I am eating more veggies now than ever and milk (which I dont' even like) and beans.

Thanks again for the support.

Chickadeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
Are you talking about constipation? Good remedies include drinking lots of water, making sure you eat all your veggies and good fats, and for some of us taking something like Senna or a SF fiber supplement to get you going again. It does get better with time.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:11 AM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Try the Metamucil or SF Fiber Choice pills. They work!

Do a search of the forum for Phase 1.5 - it's the in between faux-phase. Might help you in your journey!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 189/180/159

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! I'm almost done with phase 1 and I am also super worried about starting phase 2. I guess it's cuz phase 1 works so well! ANyway, just wanted to say hi and good luck
skinnyinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 190/182/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! Thought I'd offer some reassurance to those who are worried about starting P2; I'm on Day 2 of P2 (or P1.5) and I have to say that my weight has not been affected by the change of adding in one fruit a day. Take it slow and you will be good to go! Also, fruit tastes amazing after not having it for 2 weeks!!!!
BritMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:46 PM   #10  

Oh, I agree, I missed blueberries so much, so now I have about a half of cup once a day. And a nice slice of bread, with all the fiber. I love it.

I just don't want to fall into the habit of thinking I have to have 2 slices with breakfast and then 2 slices with lunch. Limit, is the key.

Jenn, I am trying Metamucil, hoping that helps. One less worry. It is just amazing how the body changes. I don't find myself hungry or needing something.

And I am eating the right things, so it only makes sense I should continue to see change. I really appreciate the support.

This forum is great, just trying to find the right spot for me.

Thanks
Chickadeee