Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 AM   #1  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

Default One perfect day on plan!

Day one staying on plan. It doesn't seem like it is worthy of being a mini-goal, but it was a bit of a breakthrough for me. I've been stuck at 150 pounds for about a year - maybe longer. To be precise, I have usually been 149 with occasional forrages into 148 or 150 territory.) And mystified. Why can't I go below this plateau. I was exercising fairly regularly. I even trained for and ran a 10K. Still lost nothing. I was eating well - during he time I had lost the first 30lbs I had trained myself to eat a lot of vegetables and lean meat. I was still eating a lot of vegetables and lean meat. So I started tracking my calories.
HOLEEE!
I was eating chocolate or chips or a Frappacino from Starbucks, or SOME type of vice every single day. And carbing it up, baby. I love bread and sandwiches. No wonder i plateaued.
I told myself I would cut out the vices and cut down on the carbs. And didn't. Ever day I had some reason why it was a special day or why I would for sure for sure start tomorrow.
Wouldn't you think it would be easier to restart than it was to start the first time, right?

So yesterday was my first full day staying on plan. Partly because I planned in ten Smarties . Yep. There's chocolate on my plan. And I am extremely proud of myself. On top of that a few other efforts must be paying off because I was 146 when I stepped on the scale his morning.
Go ME!
ironlovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:39 AM   #2  

Your experience points out the importance of keeping a food journal. You'd have noticed you foray into carbville a lot sooner if you had been writing it down every day. You did great to get one day OP and I know you'll reach your goal, one day at a time.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 AM   #3  
Tai

S/C/G: 272/111/Maintaining

Height: 5'4"

Good job! Before you know it those days on plan will start to add up and you will see results.

Smarties must be different in Winnipeg than here. Ours don't have chocolate and are more like sweet tarts. I see them in many stores this time of year for Halloween.
Tai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #4  
Iron Love Handles

S/C/G: 175

Height: 5"5'

You can say THAT again, QuilterInVA. It made me wonder if I am deceiving myself in other ways!
And Tai - American "Smarties" are what we call "Rockets". Our Smarties are very similar to M&Ms.
ironlovehandles is offline   Reply With Quote