Old 10-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #265 Bale of Turtles Meeting Our Challenge!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all!
Judy
Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren)

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-08-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:58 PM   #2  

Weighed in today and I am down -1.4. I fell off the wagon last night and I am trying not to beat myself up about it. I dont know how badly it will effect my weight. I have done well today though and plan to carry it through the new week.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:15 PM   #3  
Chick

Cherry, you're doing great. A slip off the wagon here and there is to be expected. Don't beat yourself up and keep on doing well. You're doing so well and I can tell the weight loss is making yo more optimistic.

Had a nice celebration at my dd's for our grandson. He was so happy with his presents and my dd and dsil did a great job with decorations and food. Everything was pleasant and lovely. We are home early. My food could have been a little better, but it wasn't bad.
Tomorrow's a new day.

Sleep well everybody and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Judy
234.6/189.2/169 and thinner
Old 10-09-2011, 05:52 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all and happy Thanksgiving to the Canadian Turtles!

I am having serious trouble with my carpal tunnel lately so am trying to type with my wrist splints on - what a pain in the butt lol, so I am going to keep this short and try to get back on later on once I take them off for the day.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #5  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, I hope your carpal tunnel eases up and the splints help. Hey, I just saw your ticker and you're 2# down and heading in the right direction.
and and :

Today is beautiful out. I've got a few things to do around the house and I should do at least a cursory grocery shop for veggies, etc. I think I'll get going now.

You all have a great day.
Judy
234.6/189.2/169 and thinner
Old 10-09-2011, 04:56 PM   #6  

Judy: Yeah, I updated the ticker but it is not showing the "." I am actually only down like 1.4 but for some reason it is showing 2 lbs... I need to get it corrected but will worry about it later on. I don't know what is up with the CT getting so bad again so quickly but my whole body is really inflamed right now, hips, knees and ankles so something must be going on. I have taken some Motrin to see if it will help. Have a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Sorry I have been MIA. The weather doesn't know what it wants to do in NC. so I got hit with a combo of sinus/allergies/ and maybe a cold. Combined with it being that TOM of me for me. I am so far off the wagon. I just don't really have the energy. Time will tell on Tuesday. Glad everone is doing well. Well be back tomorrow for a closer look.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 07:52 AM   #8  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. It is going to be another pretty day here with temps in the 80's - hard to believe that it is mid-October. I am going to head to the gym here shortly to catch a morning Aquafit class, I am just so inflamed and sore in all of my joints, etc that I am trying to keep moving, it seems when I stop is when it really sets in and is painful... so I will keep moving with low impact exercises I guess lol, not sure what else to do.

The weekend was ok, but I know that I overate so will need to work on that this week. I did get in some walks and some bike riding so the exercise part was pretty good and will go to another Zumba class tomorrow with D-DIL.

Yesterday I did crockpot applesauce and it turned out fabulous! Just peeeled a bunch of apples and put in some splenda, cinnamon, and a little bit of corn starch (maybe a tsp) and about a 1/2 cup of water - set it on high for a couple of hours, stirred it up and reset to low and let it cook all day, did a taste test & added some more splenda and let it cook for a while with the lid off to let it thicken a bit. It came out very yummy, everyone enjoyed it at lunch yesterday.

I have to get my to-do list going on what I want to accomplish this week so I need to get going but I hope that everyone has a great day!

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-10-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:27 AM   #9  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, that applesauce sounds amazing. I keep buying apples in the hopes of finding a batch that isn't quite so tart. When they are much too tart for dh and me to eat, I make them into baked apples. Yum.

Yesterday was another good day. I'm starting to get a handle on how little food I must eat to lose weight. It's quite shocking. Lol. I'm juggling the food I have for the day around my activities and I don't go anywhere without a low low calorie energy bar and an apple (even if it is tart) in my pocketbook. That helps. My family has a million events coming up and it's taking lots of thinking to figure out what to do. After celebrating my grandson's on Saturday, dh and I are going back to their house for his real birthday tomorrow. We're going for dinner, we'll watch him at his gymnastics lesson, and then back to the house for birthday cake. I'm bringing all my food with me. The trick is to actually *eat* it and not let it stay in my cooler and eat the fattier choices instead. I can do it. I am Speaking of , I'm back to doing my DVD on toning most days and I feel better and more flexible.

Princess, I bet the aquafit class will be good for your joints.

Life4evr, don't worry about the MIA. Keep on keepin' on. You've got some challenges and you're working on them. Your total weight loss is still impressive. : I know with me, sometimes I forget I've lost almost 45# and am closing in on my best WW weight. It's so easy to look at myself and bemoan how I got to this state, so I have to follow my own advice and keep on keepin' on and pat myself on the back.

Bandit, looking forward to hearing about your vacation.

Terri, how was Thanksgiving?

Cherry, how's your family? Isn't this weather wacky and hot?

Taylors, do you do boot camp at a gym? It sounds intense, but it must burn loads of calories.

Lots2go, how is your 1/2marathon training coming along? That's got to be a big help with weight control and good for cardio training. Weigh to go!

I think I got everybody. It's so exciting to have a really supportive and involved group. Have a : day, everyone!

Judy
234.6/189.2/169and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-10-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 01:29 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey all ! Happy Holiday Monday!

Weekend has gone fast, ate not too bad! One more turkey dinner today at my house. Must start journalling~!I know it works.

Judy the macintosh apples here are great this year. Haven't really tried too many others lately.

Princess I love the aquafit, and it is a good work out, and easy on the joints.

Life glad to hear from you! glad your keepin at it!

Bandit you home yet?

Cherry great job on the weight loss!

Taylor/Lots you gals keep at it ok!!!!

Never enough hours in the day, must keep going!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:50 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Hi ladies
All is well in my area....I didn't eat to well this weekend. My husband and I went on a date and I was craving bbq so we stuffed ourselves, and didn't think twice. Then we went out for frozen yogurt mmmmmm so tasty!!! Then we went to see the movie Courageous...if you haven't seen it you should It's amazing!!

thanks for asking Judy, my training is going wonderful!! I ran 8 this past Saturday, and did much better than the week before when I did 11. Next week it's 12...the race is in about 6 weeks, so I'm almost done. I have to say that since I've started training I've discovered a great love for running that I never expected to experience. I have never been very athletic, I played softball in highschool but that was it....I sure never thought I'd enjoy running. But I do look forward to it now....with my running and bootcamp I've discovered that I'm burning between 1500-2000 calories every week.....which is awesome

Hope you all have a great day! I'll catch up later
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:08 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone and Happy Thanksgiving and Columbus day..

well I survived my last turkey meal yesterday and gobble gobble gobble did I.. Actually was doing pretty good til my dmil brought out her home made coconut cream pie and I CAVED.. Sunday is my day of rest from working out and I often feel if I didn't know my muscles needed the break I should just do something... anyway I chose not to get on my scale this morning LoL and am going to go with my Friday wi since that's the day I do for my challenge.. maybe I should of owned up to what evitably was there but I thought better of it

I did get out on my treadmill today and I did an amazing power walk.. I admire lots2go for running but I know with my joints that it isn't for me but the power walking I can do.. today I was not hating the workout so I decided it's a holiday let's see what I can do here.. 8.21 miles before I felt my legs starting to cramp a little - time to stop.. granted it took me a while to get there but I was so thrilled with it.. the calorie burn for that was 1000 YES I SAID 1000 .. I found out that at that number my treadmil starts back over at 0 lol.. so lots2go I bet your burning more then you realize.. you have so been an inspiration for me I wanted to say thank you for that...

Princess I've had Paula Red's which are a really nice apple.. your recipe sounds delish.. thanks for sharing

terrod Im keeping at it LOL.. thanks for the encouragement

Itryharder you sound like you have a really good hand on the program and the cooler idea with the foods is an awesome idea..

lots2o I received an email about Courageous and I hope it comes to our area.. I'm glad to hear it was really good.. awesome job with your training as well!!

okay ladies you all have an amazing evening.. it's Monday Night Football and my DH's Lions are playing ( you would think it's the Superbowl the way he talks) he is combining in the field and unless it gets to dewy he likes me to keep him updated on how it's going .. what a guy!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:17 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! It sounds like everyone is doing really well! I had a bigger than normal supper last night and a dessert but over all the week is going pretty well.

I did go to Aquafit and am going to catch a Zumba class today with D-DIL and will go to the park tonight for a walk with the other TOPS gals so the exercise is really picking up now that I am off from work and for the most part I am keeping the food in check but need to improve on that a bit and I think maybe I will see a better loss.

I will stop back later on but need to run and get DH lunch packed and get the dogs fed.... have a great morning all!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:33 AM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Wow, Princess, your are coming along great. Weigh to go. I hope this is the week the weight shakes itself off of you!

Taylor and Lots, my goodness, your is mind-boggling. Weigh to go to you too!

Terri, I like journaling. It makes me face up to what I'm eating. I also am looking forward to our Thanksgiving here in the states.

Life4evr, how's your work schedule this week?

Bandit, how are you doing?

Gotta run and get a few things done. I know I need to . Maybe dh and I can get on the boardwalk inbetween my lunch out and getting to our grandson's.

Have a : day.
Judy
234.6/189.2/179 and thinner Ooooooh, I can feel how good it will be to reach the 170's. "
I'm doing well, but today I have to be extra vigilant. I think I need to step up the exercise since my weight is stalled this week. It's not going up, which would be very disappointing, but my aim is 1#/week and I really want that to happen. Today two challenges: lunch with my friend to celebrate my birthday. I am planning on having a tossed salad, period! That with a glass of unsweetened iced tea will sound more like prison fare than a celebration, but it should work and that's what I need. I can always have my JC lunch when I get home if I'm really hungry or I could have an energy bar. Tonight we're going back to dd's home for a celebration on our grandson's real birthday. Dinner, then to gymnastics with him, then back for cake. Biggest challenge: what will he want to do for dinner? If it's dinner out, I'll have a salad again/. If it's take-out delivered, that's a snap since I'll have my food in a cooler. Same with the birthday cake: I'll bring my tiny serving. Okay, enough about me.

Have a great day.
So weird-----I'm not sure what happened, but the order of my post got all jumbled. Lol.

Last edited by Itryharder; 10-11-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Thanks for the well wishes. Well I have managed to loss 1.5# not sure how that happened. My work schedule isnt so crazy this week. I work second today and third shift Friday and Saturday. I don't have my morning weekend client, thank goodness.

I am going to actually try to exercise this week. Hope everyone has a good day.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote