Old 10-14-2011, 09:07 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 214/160/160

Height: 5'4

Default Uhhh....and you're paying for being bullied?

Nothing wrong with the journaling what you ate and used to cook...Makes sense as a matter of fact it helped my coach and the dr find out what was causing me not lose as much at first. They do say if you don't bring the journal you will not get weighed, however I think the only time they would look at it is if you don't lose.

From the very beginning I have gotten measured weekly...doesn't bother me. They also do bmi and bp...its motivating to me even when there isn't a change...makes me ask myself what did I do differently and what I could possibly change.

Funny, I saw this post today because I haven't written down anything in 3 weeks but I lost 5 the week before last and 2 last week, wondering what will be my weigh in tomorrow and if there is a correlation to not journaling.

You should n't have to feel that way...find a new center! This should be a stress free, happy time!!
droidgigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #47  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

I agree with droidgigi, I wouldn't see journaling as an issue as past programs I've been on wouldn't weigh you if you didn't have it.

Now I totally disagree with the yelling and accusing you of cheating etc. That is BS and should be reported to IP's head office. If I were treated like that I don't know how I would have reacted, I most likely would have quit.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:20 PM   #48  
Started IP 8/26/11

S/C/G: 241/179/150

Height: 5' 7"

Default Way to strict....

This is supposed to teach you and change your mind about food and your personal interaction with it - not to berate you and make you feel like less of a person - just ridiculous!!!

My coach said I should do the journal in case down the road I slow down and we can figure out what to change if needed. Has never looked at - but I have it with me each week and place it on the desk (I have never not had a loss- yet). I don't mind keeping it - because it helps me to track my liquids and make sure I take my supplements and only takes a few moments to update. I will note that I made my own journal on a spreadsheet that is easier for me to read and update, but contains all the fields that was on the IP journal.

She says that I am one of her favorite clients because she learns so much from me - because I share what I have learned from everyone on this post!!! - (especially FINN with those great recipies!).

At the end of the day, you are paying them and they should be supportive - that is what a "coach" is, they guide you, support you and motivate you - if you don't feel that - you need to leave and find another coach. My husband and my parents never spoke to me that way, and I'll be d***ed to let someone else even try. - It is just not going to happen.

Please move on from this coach, stay OP and feel good about yourself. This is a great thing you are doing to improve your health - don't give up!

Last edited by Callmesmall; 10-15-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Callmesmall is offline   Reply With Quote