Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 01:20 AM   #1  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 10/7/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You[/QUOTE]
Old 10-14-2011, 05:38 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7'

I woke up this morning and feel like I am having a 'skinny day'. I hope I feel like this tomorrow since I WI on Saturdays.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #3  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Finally Friday!
Excited to have just found the board thread on the Davinci/Torino sf syrups. A friend who successfully completed IP and has kept her weight off bought me the SF vanilla and caramel as a get started gift. Does anyone order right off the site? Shipping looks very reasonable. Need to compare the prices-maybe my friend and I will put in a joint order. I really want the SF Pumpkin pie (so miss the Starbucks PP latte this time of year!), but not available at retailers in our area that I can find.
Possibly going to a winery tonight with a GF. She knows about my IP program and is extremely supportive. We are going to listen to a band and I will drink water and then just take my veggies and salad with grilled chicken and eat in the car.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! Well according to my scale at home I broke into a new decade today!! Woohoo!! Really excited about that because I cannot remember the last time I was in the 170's. My coach is going to be gone Monday for my WI so I might to an unofficial WI on my home scale, even though it's usually slightly higher than hers. I'll see how I feel on Monday.

Boyz4us - I don't know if you have Sam's Club near you but I went there for the first time last weekend and they had a ton of DaVinci syrups. I didn't get any but they seemed to have a good selection and at really reasonable prices. I've been loving my Pumpkin Spice coffee for my Keurig. I mix it with a Splenda and the cappuccino IP drink and it's almost like the real thing!
Old 10-14-2011, 08:11 AM   #5  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Stolaf..I hope that skinny feeling lasts for your weigh in tomorrow. You are so close to your goal weight!!!!

Boyz4us. I don't know about ordering the Davinci syrup, but I am going searching for the pumpkin pie syrup myself. It sounds perfect for small. Try the pumkin pie spice sprinkled in pudding or the crispy cereal pancake.
Have fun at the winery tonight. You can do it..just sip water out of the wine glasses. They always have water to chase down the different sips. I live in wine country and have gone through many tastings. My big challenge will be my uncle in law's big wine event in a couple of weeks.

Have a great day everyone. I am glad it is Friday. I have changed shopping plans. I am now going to wait and commemorate keeping my goal weight off.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:12 AM   #6  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Well according to my scale at home I broke into a new decade today!! Woohoo!! Really excited about that because I cannot remember the last time I was in the 170's. My coach is going to be gone Monday for my WI so I might to an unofficial WI on my home scale, even though it's usually slightly higher than hers. I'll see how I feel on Monday.

Boyz4us - I don't know if you have Sam's Club near you but I went there for the first time last weekend and they had a ton of DaVinci syrups. I didn't get any but they seemed to have a good selection and at really reasonable prices. I've been loving my Pumpkin Spice coffee for my Keurig. I mix it with a Splenda and the cappuccino IP drink and it's almost like the real thing!
NavyMom..Hooray for entering the 70s! You are doing it. Your drink sounds delicious.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #7  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

I am feeling a little frustration this morning. This is my second time on this plan. The first time I stopped this diet because after 120 pounds I stopped losing. After at least 10 months and a huge gain, several attempts to get back on plan, I finally am following protocal again. I started 1 week ago, without weighing the first day. I now have nothing to gauge if I have lost because the clothes are still tight. I am committing to staying on plan and not getting on the scale until next Friday.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quick Hello,

on the go again today. down 1.6 lbs, very happy. I was down a pound more a couple of days ago, but had a 16 hr day yesterday and not enough water, plus a few Advil. lol. I am chiseling away at this. Have a great day, will check in tonight.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

OH WOW,

I just noticed that I hit the 30 POUND MARK! whoot whoot!

Old 10-14-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/160

Height: 5 7"

I have my first wi today and I am really looking forward to it! I will post when I am done. I know I lost, but I refuse to weigh myself at home and hoping for at least 5 pounds.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Morning...
Day 3 of headache...don't know if it's the weather or hormones but im tired of it. Don't think I'm going to get a good loss week this week, I'm too "unsettled". On the upside, I'll be getting a new kitchen this winter. I've been busy scheming and pouring over websites for fittings and fixtures Hopefully I can stop obsessing over the weight not lost this week. Obsessing over things just seems to be my mindset this week. I think I need a fun day to myself, not sure I'll get one though.
Good luck with your WI hockeymom22!
Congrats on the 30lb mark Bella!!
Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 10-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #12  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning Everyone! Its a little chilly here this morning but at least there's no...snow. I'm off to WI#3 in a few minutes. Feeling very good. I didn't even look at the scale this week. Ok maybe once but it was ealy in the week so I'm hoping for good things. Congrats to all on your SV and have a great day OP
Old 10-14-2011, 10:51 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Good morning, everyone!! TGIF!!!
Had my first WI yesterday evening...down 7 lbs!!!! I am so excited!!!!
Have a couple of challenging days ahead, but I have a plan and I'm gonna stick to it!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #14  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I woke up this morning and feel like I am having a 'skinny day'. I hope I feel like this tomorrow since I WI on Saturdays.

Have a great Friday everyone!
I LOVE skinny days, I'm due for one, maybe tomorrow..lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! Well according to my scale at home I broke into a new decade today!! Woohoo!! Really excited about that because I cannot remember the last time I was in the 170's.
WOO HOO, that is awesome, good job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Have a great day everyone. I am glad it is Friday. I have changed shopping plans. I am now going to wait and commemorate keeping my goal weight off.
You will do great, you've hard to lose it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
I am feeling a little frustration this morning. This is my second time on this plan. The first time I stopped this diet because after 120 pounds I stopped losing. After at least 10 months and a huge gain, several attempts to get back on plan, I finally am following protocal again. I started 1 week ago, without weighing the first day. I now have nothing to gauge if I have lost because the clothes are still tight. I am committing to staying on plan and not getting on the scale until next Friday.
Don't be frustrated, I'm sure you've had a loss. I didn't feel it in my clothes for a while. Just start by weighing yourself today and don't miss another weigh in. I'm sure it's impossible to NOT have a loss the first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Quick Hello,

on the go again today. down 1.6 lbs, very happy. I was down a pound more a couple of days ago, but had a 16 hr day yesterday and not enough water, plus a few Advil. lol. I am chiseling away at this. Have a great day, will check in tonight.
Nice, way to go on the 30lbs mark, that is awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeymom22 View Post
I have my first wi today and I am really looking forward to it! I will post when I am done. I know I lost, but I refuse to weigh myself at home and hoping for at least 5 pounds.
Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Morning...
Day 3 of headache...don't know if it's the weather or hormones but im tired of it. Don't think I'm going to get a good loss week this week, I'm too "unsettled". On the upside, I'll be getting a new kitchen this winter. I've been busy scheming and pouring over websites for fittings and fixtures Hopefully I can stop obsessing over the weight not lost this week. Obsessing over things just seems to be my mindset this week. I think I need a fun day to myself, not sure I'll get one though.
I'm sorry you're not feeling well still. Exciting for the new kitchen though. I am hoping to start shopping for mine in a few months. I have it all planned in my head now just need to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbtemplet View Post
Good morning, everyone!! TGIF!!!
Had my first WI yesterday evening...down 7 lbs!!!! I am so excited!!!!
Have a couple of challenging days ahead, but I have a plan and I'm gonna stick to it!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Wow that is awesome, good job! As long as you are prepared for those challenging days you will be fine. Just remember it's all about being prepared and having your veggies, vitamins, and IP products easily available. Good luck!
Old 10-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 276/270/185

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Wow that is awesome, good job! As long as you are prepared for those challenging days you will be fine. Just remember it's all about being prepared and having your veggies, vitamins, and IP products easily available. Good luck!
Thanks!! Same to you!!
Closed Thread